Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you get reconstruction after a mastectomy?
Yes 22 78.57%
No 2 7.14%
Maybe/don't know 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:09 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times

Advertisements

Ladies, how many of you would get reconstructive surgery after having a mastectomy?

Would you go through life without breasts or wouldn't you?

I personally could not go through life without breasts. That would really really suck for me if I ever got cancer and had a mastectomy! But for those who choose not to, kudos to you for being strong after battling cancer and surviving it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Life without breasts?!?!?!

Those who get something like that done are just evilDDDoers

Old 07-21-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Life without breasts?!?!?!

Those who get something like that done are just evilDDDoers
Hahahaha I knew you'd be here Chamataka. Whenever boobs are mentioned, the antlers just can't stay away!

Old 07-21-2011, 01:58 PM

Now that you have picked a word with the root "mast" on it, it reminds me of the old days back in catholic school when I was in my very early teens.

The English teacher, she would give periodic and excellent word tests to her pupils. Actually, she was a young 20-something chick who definitely got the pupils of her pupils dilated, like this ~~~~~>

So, once she gave a test...... she would describe a condition and we would have to do a one word substitute. Like, fear of closed places, and we would do a chorus - claustrophobia. Fear of other girls Dads, moobsophobia, just kidding

Anyway, so we started researching all phobias in the library and I stumbled upon this - mastophobia. When I learned the meaning, I was like, naaaahhh, impossible, but is there a mastophilia around?!?! And lucky for me, I found it.

So in the next English class, my assignment was to make sentences. Well, all boys had to. So, when my turn came, I prepared myself for the greatest boy statement ever - Antlered Chamataka's coming of age - "I don't have mastophobia, however there's immense mastophily in me, I'm a mastophile". Well, something of that nature.

She freaked out and alerted the head mistress. Now in hindsight, I understand why she was enraged LMAO. Naturally, they referred me to confession and a holy rosary, AGAIN

I repented but committed mastophily again

Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 PM

Lemme guess, it meant you were a boob fiend?

Old 07-21-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Lemme guess, it meant you were a boob fiend?
Mastophile means lover of breasts. They both thought I would grow up and self-destruct. The woman told my mother I am showing signs of growing up to become a womanizer LOL.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Mastophile means lover of breasts. They both thought I would grow up and self-destruct. The woman told my mother I am showing signs of growing up to become a womanizer LOL.
LOL! Well isn't it oh I don't know-NORMAL?- for males to be attracted to breasts? I mean come on! It's kind of dumb they treat it as a taboo.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I'd probably wait and see how I felt after the cancer. That's a lot to live through, and I don't think many of us could say for sure what we would do.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
LOL! Well isn't it oh I don't know-NORMAL?- for males to be attracted to breasts? I mean come on! It's kind of dumb they treat it as a taboo.
They thought some holy water could cure me and help resist temptations

Old 07-21-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'd probably wait and see how I felt after the cancer. That's a lot to live through, and I don't think many of us could say for sure what we would do.
My aunt has breast cancer. She had one of hers removed and she is going thru hell with all the chemo and everything.

Her hair has shed too. Luckily for her, my uncle, mom's brother is standing by her side like a rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty