Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:02 AM

880 posts, read 1,800,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
The technical term is narcissism, but I prefer the less technical term, "Attention w-h-o-r-e". Most of them are women, ages 18-32. Generally they're average or a little above average looking. They always make sure the pic is taken at the facial angle that makes them look the best. They always have makeup on, even if it's a "spontaneous" photo in their bedroom. Some of them have several albums of nothing but professional glamour photos, heavily photoshopped. Or 200 random webcam photos or bathroom-mirror self portraits

They do it because they want 700 guys whom they never met to write a comment like "babie you smokin hot!!" They delight at the attention they receive online because offline they're just plain Jane
This is pretty accurate summarization and this "attention w-h-o-r-e" mentality is also prevalent on Internet dating sites. I think some girls may not even be looking for a date, they just go on there to collect compliments. And the girls couldn't care less who is complementing them either. All that matters is collecting compliments for validation points either because they are insecure or feel the need to compete with other women out of jealousy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 03:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,433 times
Well i really don't care about the fellows . I just enjoyed the pics and the poses. after all no one has put any kind of gun to our head that you should have to see the whole pics or you may not...........simple.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlx View Post
Well i really don't care about the fellows . I just enjoyed the pics and the poses. after all no one has put any kind of gun to our head that you should have to see the whole pics or you may not...........simple.
Shine babe...I say shine....your only young once...once your old and take on that old 'spent' look...you'll wish you had enjoyed yourself more when you were younger or just photogenic...

Don't worry about people who tag you with names...they themselves have issues...

Shine, and shine while you can...

Old 09-29-2011, 07:40 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Thumbs up i agree 200 percent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
I have a few acquaintences on Facebook that literally take pcs of themselves almost daily. Why? I finally hid them because I got tired of them in my news feed. These people are in their 30's, so it's not like they are kids...if they were, I'd chalk it up to immaturity.
omg i so agree- my neighbor is 30 yrs married and does nothing all day...yet every frickin day i wld get a status update...like that her dog ate Karo syrup off her counter...

imo, FB is great for 11 yr olds.If a woman is 35-50 she can find healthier and more fun creative outlets

Old 10-26-2011, 06:48 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,741 times
Here's me latest and greatest...titled:truth or dare...just in time for Halloween...

Oh, the things I could do with a sizebale budget...Stephen King would be envious...
Attached Thumbnails
Why do people take pictures of themselves ad nauseum?-truth-dare.jpg  

Last edited by Time and Space; 10-26-2011 at 06:57 PM..

Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 PM

5 posts, read 13,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
No kidding! I don't understand why people can't be satisfied with posting NORMAL pictures of themselves.

lmaooo you sound like a hater

why does it bother you so much amanda

Old 10-28-2011, 04:05 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMixedChick View Post
lmaooo you sound like a hater

why does it bother you so much amanda
Not trying to be a hater...but there are so many pictures of people either making duck lips, "planking", or doing some other crazy pose...it gets old. If that's what they like to do, then that's fine. I don't hate them for it. But if I had a Facebook account, I'd probably hide their status updates.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Not trying to be a hater...but there are so many pictures of people either making duck lips, "planking", or doing some other crazy pose...it gets old. If that's what they like to do, then that's fine. I don't hate them for it. But if I had a Facebook account, I'd probably hide their status updates.

now i understand what your saying at first i thought u was implying that anybody who posts their pics up is an attention ***** and i usually see that thrown at extremely attractive girls on facebook thats why i said hater

i hang out with lot of models and some of my friends have like 5,000+ comments on their pictures they cnat help it if men find them attractive

now if someone is uploading a picture with every status update then i get a little annoyed especially seeing how facebook now tells you everytime one of your friends uploads a new picture it gets on my nerves

only time i really get upset is when a fat or unattractive female posts pics at all it makes me I hate having to scroll real fast by their statuses as their updating thats why i only hang out with sexy model chicks

Old 10-28-2011, 04:18 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMixedChick View Post

only time i really get upset is when a fat or unattractive female posts pics at all it makes me I hate having to scroll real fast by their statuses as their updating thats why i only hang out with sexy model chicks

Ok, those statements are obviously a joke. Now I know this poster is questionable.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Ok, those statements are obviously a joke. Now I know this poster is questionable.

lol im not joking lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty