Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:10 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,834,341 times

Advertisements

Just like IRL, people on facebook come in all personalities. I like variety and don't mind most of the pics or status updates. The only thing I have gotten tired of were one couple posting continual love cards to each other and it was easy enough to just block the card posts from showing up and problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,028,801 times
Because with Facebook, everyone is important. They jut let it go to their head, and think others give a flip that they changed their status to, "walking home now".

Old 07-22-2011, 02:37 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,234,585 times
I do not have Facebook. But a few years ago my boss, who many regard as a narcissist (me included), got herself into hot water with a nasty posting (about employees) that she wrote on the front page of her My Space. I took the time to delve into the photographs she posted, and was freaked out (but not surprised) at how many photos she took of herself, even in the same setting.

There is also a woman in another department who has photos of herself (and only herself) in her office. That seems mighty unnatural to all of us.

And neither of these two people are well liked at all.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:15 AM

9,732 posts, read 9,681,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Do people even put what's really on their mind on their status update? All I see these days are "Thank God for my family" or "I have the best husband ever!" or "My love is the best"....come on...Really? Really?
These losers need to start their own blog and quit wasting bandwidth and resources on Facebook. They must be having flashbacks of "Doogie Houser M.D"

Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,114,702 times
Sounds pretty annoying.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,669,359 times
first digital camera? I dunno. I like to avoid pictures. I have one and thats it except for tagged event photos.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,463,641 times
i dont like it when people need to approve pictures whenever they are taken. if you dont like what you look like in a picture then your face is the problem not the picture.

Old 07-22-2011, 12:07 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,120,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont like it when people need to approve pictures whenever they are taken. if you dont like what you look like in a picture then your face is the problem not the picture.
It also has to do with the camera, settings on said camera, and the person who took the picture. There have been plenty of occasions where two people would take the same picture of me (same spot, same pose, same time) and one looks fantastic straight off the camera, while the other looks bleh. There's a reason why professional photographers get paid money.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,991,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
It also has to do with the camera, settings on said camera, and the person who took the picture. There have been plenty of occasions where two people would take the same picture of me (same spot, same pose, same time) and one looks fantastic straight off the camera, while the other looks bleh. There's a reason why professional photographers get paid money.
This.

Which is why I'm always saying women (and men) shouldn't compare themselves to the models in the magazines.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:53 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,468,861 times
I have a facebook, but rarely use it. People always mock me because I am young (21) but I have such an aversion to it. I think that it is really silly to get sucked up into a website like that.

People say they take so many pictures to share with friends and family (keep connections), but they just do it to show off and try to look 'cute'. I am paranoid about posting so many pictures. The most I had were 3, but my friend is rude and keeps tagging me in pictures (especially those I told her not to put online). I am at the point where I am just going to have to stop taking pictures with others. They act like every darn thing has to be on FB!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty