Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:36 AM

717 posts, read 899,103 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry, but someone who would seriously consider bleaching their skin is not a healthy minded individual. But what can you say? So many of us have been brainwashed by the media into believing that being fair-skinned is better. On the other hand, with me being a black male, there's never been much pressure for me to be lighter. Brown skinned men are still seen as attractive. For dark skinned black women, however, there's much more of a struggle to be accepted as beautiful. I've seen first hand some of the BS these women have to put up with. It's nothing short of sickening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,928,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
I'm sorry, but someone who would seriously consider bleaching their skin is not a healthy minded individual. But what can you say? So many of us have been brainwashed by the media into believing that being fair-skinned is better. On the other hand, with me being a black male, there's never been much pressure for me to be lighter. Brown skinned men are still seen as attractive. For dark skinned black women, however, there's much more of a struggle to be accepted as beautiful. I've seen first hand some of the BS these women have to put up with. It's nothing short of sickening.

Hummmmmmmmm funny since its OKAY to bake your skin an get cancer how ironic.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:48 AM

717 posts, read 899,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Huh?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:14 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,336 times
Im kind of dark and wouldnt even consider getting skin lightening surgery. Nothing wrong with being dark. Its sad that people cant be happy with their skin color, who cares what others think.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 PM

461 posts, read 1,314,086 times
This topic is really sad. It doesn't matter what color someone is, people always want what they don't have. The same could be said for hair. Some people with straight hair want curly hair and vice versa. I wish everyone could be happy and secure with themselves!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:08 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,899,573 times
What's more sad is that people care enough about the skin tone of their anus and pay to have someone lighten it.

What's even sadder is that there are people whose jobs are to lighten someone's anus.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:07 AM

461 posts, read 1,314,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
What's more sad is that people care enough about the skin tone of their anus and pay to have someone lighten it.

What's even sadder is that there are people whose jobs are to lighten someone's anus.
LOL...LOL. You are SO right. One of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. How much more shallow can one get??

Old 08-13-2011, 08:15 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Interesting reading. And I was thinking about getting a tanning pass, because my skin is so dead white. We are just never happy with ourselves! Nothing is ever good enough, or perfect enough. Even though I have white skin, I wanted to make it darker...

I am sorry that you don't like the color of your skin. I know that darker complexion in Vietnam is very difficult, as you are considered lower class, same as in India. Even in the Untied States, lighter color African Americans are more accepted than darker colored ones...look at how "white" Obama is...The problem with skin bleaching, is that you have to always wear a large hat, and be very careful about being in the sun, remember Micheal Jackson? He wore a hat, used an umbrella, always stayed inside...I would not want that lifestyle. Maybe you can find some lighter make-up to lighten your skin, and wear a hat outside to keep your skin from getting darker. But I would not do the bleaching, it is expensive, there are better things to invest your money in, like education.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,378 times
I would not do that!

Old 08-14-2011, 01:21 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post

I know what you mean...Why is it so different? People bake themselves in the sun and in tanning beds just so they can be tan!
The fact is nobody is ever truly happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty