Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 AM

12 posts, read 34,850 times

Advertisements

Enough clothes,not possible.Women can never say that i have enough clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 10:22 AM

615 posts, read 1,671,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E E View Post
Curious how others reach the point where they realize they have enough clothes in their closet.

I am planning my fall wardrobe and I think I have enough clothes and shoes, but I'm realizing that its fun buying new things!! (I've been pretty frugal in this area, but have been indulging a bit lately while planning for fall/winter)

I work in an office anywhere from 3-5 days per week, so my clothing has to be a certain level of quality for that.

I like to have enough clothes that I have variety and choices, but I am also practical and do not like to have things in my closet that I never wear, don't fit, etc.

This fall, I think I need to focus on items that coordinate with several other pieces in my wardrobe, so I can create multiple outfits out of fewer clothes.

For Fall/Winter, I am focusing on 5 major colors: black, white, gray, brown, and light blue. White and light blue look best on me, and they can go with black, brown, or gray.

I have 1/2 dozen scarves in different colors/patterns, so these will be used to add a bit of interest/brightness to the 5 basic colors.

Maybe I need to spend some more time creating different outfits rather than indulging my desire to buy more clothes.

How do you manage/plan your wardrobe?

Hmmm....most women NEVER reach the point of believing they have ENOUGH of anything (fashion wise). Including myself.

However, if I have clothes that still have tags on them, then that is a sure sign that I should stop shopping for that season.

Staples in one's (women) closet (for the office): Black suit, white button-down dress blouse, girly blouse (with some ruffles, etc...), black slacks, black pumps, black dress, black and/or tan trench, cardigan, pencil skirt, flats, blazer, belt(s)/wide for dress/or skirt and thin for slacks, black and white T's (put under a blazer w/skirt or suit, accessories (long necklace (pearl, watch, etc..), hoop and stud earrings), boots.......Happy shopping!

Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,436,467 times
When I don't have any money left in my account for discretionary spending, that is when I know I bought enough clothes...for the short term. I dread putting clothes away because my closet and dresser and half dresser are crammed-and that's just with summer clothes! All of my autumn clothes are still boxed up. Lately I've gotten into the habit of donating one piece of clothing for every piece I buy just so I'll have room to store new clothes.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,020,612 times
How about when you run out of room to put them, and you run out of money to spend on them?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,532,342 times
I guess I'm one of the few women out there that dreads shopping and doesn't have seasonal wardrobes

I have 5 pairs of plain black Dickies work pants that I wear to work, same shoes, and I usually just wear a colored tank top with a black v neck shirt over it. On the weekends, it's jeans, Chuck Taylors and a shirt or sweater depending on the weather. I rarely wear jewelry, and don't really 'accessorize'. On the of chance I do have to dress up, I have a few vintage style dresses with backseam stockings and heels. Simple.

I have a weirdly shaped body so going clothes shopping always sucks. I rarely find anything that fits me right, even after tailoring.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:40 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,020,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I guess I'm one of the few women out there that dreads shopping and doesn't have seasonal wardrobes

I have 5 pairs of plain black Dickies work pants that I wear to work, same shoes, and I usually just wear a colored tank top with a black v neck shirt over it. On the weekends, it's jeans, Chuck Taylors and a shirt or sweater depending on the weather. I rarely wear jewelry, and don't really 'accessorize'. On the of chance I do have to dress up, I have a few vintage style dresses with backseam stockings and heels. Simple.

I have a weirdly shaped body so going clothes shopping always sucks. I rarely find anything that fits me right, even after tailoring.
I don't usually enjoy shopping. It is especially hard when I need a certain item, like a dress for an occasion. I never find anything when I go looking for it. I've been wearing capri pants and solid color t-shirts with flip flops all summer. Simple and comfortable.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:53 PM

8,737 posts, read 9,416,106 times
OH, I thought this was some kind of trick question.

I guess when you don't have anymore money to spend on clothing that's when you have enough. Seriously, I try, but it's an addiction. But I don't shop anywhere near what I did years ago, now I've only got one or two things in my closet that have had tags on them for more than a year.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:24 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,253,195 times
Never, lol

Clothes goes broken and dirty when we use them so there is always a need to get more clothes.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:50 PM

2,620 posts, read 4,016,772 times
"How do you decide when you have enough clothes?"

...When the rack in my closet collapses. (Well, that happened once.)

These days, I go through my clothes seasonally, especially if I or someone else buys more clothes and I can't fit them in my drawer. Whatever I no longer wear/doesn't fit, is either donated or thrown out, depending on the condition.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:15 PM

159 posts, read 315,531 times
Hah, never!!
I won't ever use credit to buy clothing though, unless I find myself in a situation where I'm in dire need of clothing, like if my luggage got lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty