Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
There are other beautiful woman in the world. This is honestly getting annoying and is reminding me of a reverse of the Scandinavian Fetish of the 60s 70s and 80s.

I am originally from NY and I know many women of Italian decent. Some are pretty - about 20 - 25 % , many are plain and a good portion are unattractive.

NYC area Italians tend to come from southern Italy.
I am of Italian descent, and you make some good points. Generally speaking, northern Italian women are more "universally" attractive than southern Italian women, since their features are more refined.

The other thing is that Italian women in Italy, for some reason, are different from their counterparts in the Northeast and are considerably more attractive. They still eat pasta every night and have that cannoli/gelato, so I don't know how they do it. In the US, I've seen some Jersey Girls with stringy hair, wearing baseball jackets, and smacking their gum that are ... well... Jersey Girls. They're awesome to BS with, but do you really want to take one home to meet Mom? True, a few Italian girls need nose jobs, and they get them. That can kick them up from a 6 to an 8. Shallow? Yeah, I guess.

Yeah, I always thought the Scandinavian fetish (the Helgas and Gunildas and whatever) was a big "so what." I think there's a "darker" fetish going on now, and J-Lo is in that mix. I don't find her attractive. This darker fetish caters to the "browning of America" and J-Lo and Kim Kardashian are so "in your face" now you can't go through the check-out line without seeing their faces. (For the ladies, they have twits like Mario Lopez. Growing up in LA, I think the Hispanic women would have found him to be nothing more than a pretty boy, since Hispanic men are typically more masculine).

This is probably the most attractive woman that comes to mind. And, here, I'm siding with neither the Scandinavians nor the Italians. She is neither.

Jennifer O'Neill Pic - Image of Jennifer O'Neill - AllStarPics.Net

Old 08-17-2012, 07:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
north africans guys are more attractive than the females imo... From what I've seen.
Yes, Moroccan men are HOT!!

Old 08-17-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Is there any particular reason that you feel the need to single out my post(s)?

I'm not sure of you understand the concept, however, this is a public message board/forum where we all share our own opinions. Therefore your opinion is no more or no less valid than my own.
Because there are a handful of women on here who are quasi-militant over this self-esteem issue as related to skin color. This thread is about Italian women. How did we get to all these other races?

Old 08-17-2012, 07:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Because there are a handful of women on here who are quasi-militant over this self-esteem issue as related to skin color. This thread is about Italian women. How did we get to all these other races?
Was mine the first or only post to have another race/ethnicity/nationality in it?

So again, is there any particular reason that you feel the need to single out my post(s)? Did someone appoint you as a hall monitor in this thread?

Old 08-17-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Was mine the first or only post to have another race/ethnicity/nationality in it?

So again, is there any particular reason that you feel the need to single out my post(s)? Did someone appoint you as a hall monitor in this thread?
Ok, come on, chill. Let's change the subject. So, do you like Italian men?

Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,242,365 times
Romanian > Italian

Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Uhh, really?

(side-eye)
Uh yeah REALLY! Italian woman, do not corner the market on beauty.

Lately there has been an almost fetishistic worship of Italians and Latinas.

Some men don't like dark women. Dark WHITE WOMEN.

Some men will also date a blonds Gargoyle.

About the same persentage of every ethnic group is attractive.

There are also people of every ethnic group who are unattractive,

Instead of praising one ethnic group why don't we celebrate the diversity of beauty and taste that exists?

Why don't we examine why lately Italian and Latina woman have been elevated - and the rest of us ignored?

I am interested in the Sociological aspects of this.

Is any one else?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:16 PM

730 posts, read 827,851 times
u can place any woman on a stage and there will always be a guy that finds her attractive. I have plenty skinny guy friends that find thicker girls more attractive than the thin model types.

personaly i like olive skin girls, but i know plenty that prefer fair skin.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
u can place any woman on a stage and there will always be a guy that finds her attractive. I have plenty skinny guy friends that find thicker girls more attractive than the thin model types.

personaly i like olive skin girls, but i know plenty that prefer fair skin.
Even Rosie O'Donnell?

Old 08-17-2012, 10:05 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,451 times
:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
i am of italian descent, and you make some good points. Generally speaking, northern italian women are more "universally" attractive than southern italian women, since their features are more refined.

The other thing is that italian women in italy, for some reason, are different from their counterparts in the northeast and are considerably more attractive. They still eat pasta every night and have that cannoli/gelato, so i don't know how they do it. In the us, i've seen some jersey girls with stringy hair, wearing baseball jackets, and smacking their gum that are ... Well... Jersey girls. They're awesome to bs with, but do you really want to take one home to meet mom? True, a few italian girls need nose jobs, and they get them. That can kick them up from a 6 to an 8. Shallow? Yeah, i guess.

Yeah, i always thought the scandinavian fetish (the helgas and gunildas and whatever) was a big "so what." i think there's a "darker" fetish going on now, and j-lo is in that mix. I don't find her attractive. This darker fetish caters to the "browning of america" and j-lo and kim kardashian are so "in your face" now you can't go through the check-out line without seeing their faces. (for the ladies, they have twits like mario lopez. Growing up in la, i think the hispanic women would have found him to be nothing more than a pretty boy, since hispanic men are typically more masculine).

This is probably the most attractive woman that comes to mind. And, here, i'm siding with neither the scandinavians nor the italians.

jennifer o'neill pic - image of jennifer o'neill - allstarpics.net

I am not siding with either. I hate this crap. There are beautiful Italian women in Italy, but the ones in the USA are more like the Jersey Shore girls. Other than my wife, who is mixed, the most beautiful woman in the world are the Ukrainians who are mixed. We were in Ukraine and each woman was more beautiful than the next.
Warren

Last edited by warren zee; 08-17-2012 at 10:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty