Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:01 PM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Advertisements

Thanks everybody for your opinions and inputs. Looks like I will be buying my Uggs for this coming winter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 06:02 PM

159 posts, read 317,108 times
I don't mind how the darker colored uggs look paired with(preferably dark, but I always prefer dark jeans over light or blue jeans) jeans in the winter time. I had a pair of dark brown ones that I would sometimes pair with dark skinny jeans - unfortunately winter in Philly = snow and ice which equals polluted/dirty slush that I've got to walk through, so they're not terribly practical when it's wet out.

I do not like them paired with shorts, dresses, skirts, or sweatpants - on anyone of any age. But they are comfortable!

Old 08-25-2011, 07:03 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I know alot of people hate UGG boots and think they are ugly and only look good on kids and teenagers but...I like them. Even though I am in my forties. I am fit and have a good figure and thin, toned legs and am of average height.
So I would like honest opinions. I want to buy a pair of knee high black UGG's for winter (live in Illinois). Am I too old to wear these? Would they look inappropriate on someone my age?

I LOVE UGGS!!! I didn't know they had them in knee-high style?! I'll have to check them out and see what they look like.

Have you tried them on? Did YOU like them/the look on you? If the answer is YES, then go out and buy them. If still in doubt; take a friend/relative who will be honest with on how they look.

My Mother use to say "Ughhh....those ugly things. What is the big deal about UGGS?!" Well, last Winter she was visiting me from Florida and she needed some boots (I happen to have uhmmm....3 pairs of Uggs) to go outside and walk my dogs for me. She put on a pair of my UGGS to take on the task. When I came home from work; "Oh those boots are so COMFORTABLE; I want a pair for Christmas." ahahahaaaaaaaa

Needless to say, we'll be getting her a pair of UGGS. Not knee-length..hehe..but she will be sporting a pair of the comfy boots.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:18 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,875 times
You will like them. I am 53 and have worn them for years. It is snowy and cold where I live so they are great. One thing the bottoms are not good on ice you might get some *** Tracks for when it is slippery out. Ugg clog slippers are great too.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
LOVE LOVE LOVE Uggs!!!!

I have the "old school" classic talls, and want either one of these pair this year.

UGG Montclair for Women | Lace Up Sheepskin Boots at UGGaustralia.com

UGG Kid's Retro Cargo | Cargo Boots for Kids at UGGAustralia.com

During the winter, IDGAF what I look like, my top priority is keeping my tookus and tootsies from freezing off, lol!

Besides, when you wear Uggs UNDER jeans (instead of over, or with shorts or skirts; WTF is upw with that anyway?!?!?!?) you can't tell they aren't stylish, IMO. I like the fact they are durable, all natural (uppers anyway, dunno about the soles), and they do their job and do it well. My 84yr old grandmother in law, has a short pair she wears all year around to keep her feet warm due to poor circulation, so no; they don't have any "age limit" on them, lol.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:12 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I don't see why you had to tell us that you are thin and fit...in regards to getting some Uggs. Does that mean that you think that women who are overwieght should not wear Uggs?

What is wrong with what anyone wears to stay warm, and comfortable?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:52 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't see why you had to tell us that you are thin and fit...in regards to getting some Uggs. Does that mean that you think that women who are overwieght should not wear Uggs?

What is wrong with what anyone wears to stay warm, and comfortable?
NO! Of course not! My question was not about staying warm and comfortable. My question and/or wanting opinions was about whether they would be OK for someone my age and body type.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:24 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
I have curvy legs so I think chunky boots look like hell on me. More strait legs look very nice in them. My friend got a pair that were a lot less chunky but still sorta ugg-ish. They look a lot better than the original ones.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:23 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,755 times
I am in my late 50's and I love my Ugg boots. I have the crochet knit ones and they are sooo comfy and they keep your feet nice and warm. They are boots there is no age limit to what style you can wear. Just be comfortable in your own skin! Buy them!

Old 08-26-2011, 06:53 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
I have a pair and wear them, essentially, as slippers in the winter. The best thing about them is the fit, especially with socks, which makes them uber-cozy, although they do stain easily. However, I feel ridiculous wearing them as street shoes. Ugg have a whole line that are more appropriate and specifically made for streetwear; in fact, I just bought a pair for winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty