Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 AM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginalmrsx View Post
do the same people wash their knickers once a month?
triple ewwwww - lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 01:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
So... a local Dear Abby type person has an online discussion and it came up about how often to wash bras, personally, I was disgusted that some said it's lucky if the bra gets washed once a month, they take it off and put in back in the drawer - ACK!! Wash your bras folks! LOL
why do you care what someone else is wearing underneath their clothes? You don't have to see it or touch it. You'd never know how often they washed it unless you asked . In the summer when I sweat I wash bras more often. Sports bras get washed every use because of the sweat. The rest of the time, I wear them multiple times before washing. They are too expensive to wear them out washing them all the time.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Do the same people wash their knickers once a month?
um, no. that's completely different.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:57 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,347,933 times
I certainly wear them more than one time before washing them.. it's true, the more you wash them, the faster they wear out. I have quite a few, and i usually dont wear the same one two times in a row. I dont wear them around the house, either. And i dont stuff them into drawers.

I dont wear "knickers" (panties), so i dont have to worry about how often to wash them.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:22 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,227 times
I own about 10 bras. I use one bra about 1-2 days, then it goes to laundry.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
2 days is my maximum for a bra ( usually only in winter ). I can't even imagine not washing a bra after wearing it a month. I don't say this often but : "Ewwwwwwwwww Gross". I was told by a male friend once that some blokes he knew at Uni washed their boxers every couple of weeks and I almost gagged. Apparently ( if any man want to chip in feel free) , some chaps thinks it's OK to turn your boxers inside out and then wear them again then do the same again and again....

A University acquaintance of my Husband only wore suit trousers at Uni because he claimed you only needed to wash them every few months ( for some reason apparently wool in his was stain/smell repellant don't you know !?!?!? ) and I changed the life of another guy who was spending a few days at our house by washing his woollen jumper. He had never realised you could put them in the washing machine ! I had to point out the "wool" cycle to him. Goodness knows how long he wore his woollen clothes for before taking them to the dry cleaner.... He was amazed how easy it was to just put a jumper in the washing machine for it to come out perfectly fine and smelling nice....

Some people truly have very odd ideas when it comes to hygiene.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:00 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,559,149 times
I don't have ANYthing I wash after just one wearing, other than panties. People typically overwash their clothing. In the case of people who don't sweat much, it's probably not necessary to wash a (non-sports) bra after each and every wearing. Every few wearings should suffice. If you're a super sweaty person, sure.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:48 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
why do you care what someone else is wearing underneath their clothes? You don't have to see it or touch it. You'd never know how often they washed it unless you asked . In the summer when I sweat I wash bras more often. Sports bras get washed every use because of the sweat. The rest of the time, I wear them multiple times before washing. They are too expensive to wear them out washing them all the time.
Hey RKB0305 nice to see you on a different thread! I get the jist of the not washing the bras often but to me it was more of what some Dear Abby responses were like once a month.

I currently have over 12 bras in rotation. I am more like Mooseketeer. Some get worn twice dependent on the season but just washing once a month is a no go for me. It is way to hot in Texas to even think about putting a previously used bra on.

Now the only time a bra ever got washed once in its rare lifetime was that fancy Agent Provocateur get up I got that I wore for a matter of seconds. It spent more time on the bedroom floor than it did on me.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,399,538 times
I wash mine every wearing, but use those net bags, it cuts down on the wear and tear. then, hang to dry, but hang by both straps, so they don't stretch out.

don't forget, sweat deterioriates the cloth, too. Nothing lasts forever!

Old 09-10-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Hey RKB0305 nice to see you on a different thread! I get the jist of the not washing the bras often but to me it was more of what some Dear Abby responses were like once a month.

I currently have over 12 bras in rotation. I am more like Mooseketeer. Some get worn twice dependent on the season but just washing once a month is a no go for me. It is way to hot in Texas to even think about putting a previously used bra on.

Now the only time a bra ever got washed once in its rare lifetime was that fancy Agent Provocateur get up I got that I wore for a matter of seconds. It spent more time on the bedroom floor than it did on me.
so that IS where you go when you sign off every evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty