U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 PM

11,759 posts, read 20,998,379 times

Advertisements

So... a local Dear Abby type person has an online discussion and it came up about how often to wash bras, personally, I was disgusted that some said it's lucky if the bra gets washed once a month, they take it off and put in back in the drawer - ACK!! Wash your bras folks! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 08:45 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,200,042 times
I do that all the time. No problem for me.

And Antlered Chamataka should be showing up in 3...2...1 .

Old 08-30-2011, 10:43 PM

19,020 posts, read 26,076,074 times
Here I am. Thank God for creating the bra

Washing bras, let's look at a blast from the past.

//www.city-data.com/forum/10244201-post23.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
When the kids were young, I was standing in the driveway talking to my sons boy scout leader when one of my dogs carried out a pair of my panties from the laundry basket and dropped them at our feet. I quickly kicked them under the car and acted like nothing happened.
Laundry.........

You know the apartment communities where they have washers and dryers in one house, there was this sunday when after the wash, I couldn't find an empty dryer and there was just one which had finished and the clothes were lying in for quite a while, without anyone coming in and taking them away.

I was running out of time and I started to take them out myself and get on with my life. One of the first things that came to my hand was a bra and believe it or not, the fabric was so soft and exquisitely made that I started to explore it.

Now, guess who walked right in. She found me standing there with her bra in my hand.

"Well, I had to run, so, I was taking your stuff out....... think this belongs to you??"

She stood shocked for a while, unable to react, then snatched her bra from my hands as I held it out to her. After a few seconds, both of us started laughing.

I just stuffed my clothes into the empty dryer and ran away

Old 08-30-2011, 11:45 PM

5,421 posts, read 8,040,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Laundry.........

You know the apartment communities where they have washers and dryers in one house, there was this sunday when after the wash, I couldn't find an empty dryer and there was just one which had finished and the clothes were lying in for quite a while, without anyone coming in and taking them away.

I was running out of time and I started to take them out myself and get on with my life. One of the first things that came to my hand was a bra and believe it or not, the fabric was so soft and exquisitely made that I started to explore it.

Now, guess who walked right in. She found me standing there with her bra in my hand.

"Well, I had to run, so, I was taking your stuff out....... think this belongs to you??"

She stood shocked for a while, unable to react, then snatched her bra from my hands as I held it out to her. After a few seconds, both of us started laughing.

Wait, don't you do your laundry naked sometimes? That could explain why she looked at you funny.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:03 AM

5,144 posts, read 11,109,816 times
Once a month....ewww.

I hand wash/line dry after every wear.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:30 AM

23,098 posts, read 25,014,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Laundry.........

That bra's not going to stay nice if she puts it in the dryer. Geez. That's Bra Maintenance 101.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:36 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,308,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
So... a local Dear Abby type person has an online discussion and it came up about how often to wash bras, personally, I was disgusted that some said it's lucky if the bra gets washed once a month, they take it off and put in back in the drawer - ACK!! Wash your bras folks! LOL
Do the same people wash their knickers once a month?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That bra's not going to stay nice if she puts it in the dryer. Geez. That's Bra Maintenance 101.
Shrinking bras offer extra push-up effort and form better cleavages?? I don't know

But this is good to know. I see women putting bras in the laundromat from time to time... perhaps, I'll try confronting one of the "nice" owners. Thanks for the tip.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:21 AM

32,938 posts, read 61,401,086 times
Washing bras?

I have everyday bras and sports bras. Not bras to wash in.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Washing bras?

I have everyday bras and sports bras. Not bras to wash in.
Size??

(beats a hasty retreat) LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty