Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:01 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's not about the popular thing. When people carry one million electronics, good luck with shoving them into your side pockets.
DH, a very snappy dresser, carries a backpack every where he goes. Electronics, books (if current book isn't on the Kindle) camera(s) and lenses, bottle of water, energy bars.

Very handy whan I'm too lazy to carry a large purse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Is it hard to date someone who has no fashion sense?
I think for women its easier to date a guy with no sense of style. For us men, a woman with a sense of style is almost manditory (for me anyway). Arent you in Southern California like I am? I think its different for us. Most women here do have a sense of style and the ones who dont you can pretty much guarantee they are transplants from other parts of the country.

Thinking back to every woman I have dated, one thing they all had in common (other than great firm/fit/round/bubbly/perfectly shapped a$$es) was that they ALL had a certain sense of fashion style. When I met my wife, who worked an office job, she had a LOT of Ralph Lauren business suits (jacke and skirts) and she looked AMAZING!! For day way, it was not necessarily name brand stuff all the time, but she just had a style that even other women would comment on. Sure there were the Prada jeans, Bebe stuff etc. but she just knew how to put it all together. Its great.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:
Me neither. I like it on women. All stuff I'm expressing here are male targeted. Jeans on men means blue collar worker (the miner, the construction guy, the plumber, the NASCAR loving Himalayabilly, the amigo etc). And it's set in my mind since my youth and I have a mental block changing that perception. I don't mind wearing them once in a blue moon, but it will never be a part of my personality. I'd rather be a guy in amazing regular pants and a shirt
My hubby's a no-collar no-worker. Stay at home dad, he is.

Quote:
Wait, I found this amazing plaid shorts with Lacoste. It's royal from every angle and fits me like charm. My full sleeved fitted polo was Fred Perry. That's a blend of the finest from Britain and France. The chronicles of the Anglo-French brownie
If it works for you, it works for you. If I saw something like that on Mr. Mordio, I might die of laughter. I find that he and I have this thing where most nice and fashionable clothes look like "dress-up" clothes on us.

Quote:
Yes, agreed. They make the best bags, the best bags. I buy nothing else from there. Once did two tees, of which J'adore one of them.
Mine was purchased for conventions - as many costumes I wear have no pockets. My badge and everything is in/on the purse, so I just take it off for pictures and voila.

Quote:
Metal "man bracelet". There is no English word for it. And it's not a bracelet. Various ornaments are worn by Indian men and are tied to ancient Vedic texts. Most notably the kadukkam on the ear, the kaap on the wrist and thayath on the bicep area. These are words in my mama tongue and the kaap was what I was referring to. They are not fashion ornaments, but who said I can't improvise. I was supposed to wear it only on important days, but I wear it at times, with rich results. Adds to my fashion parade
Just for this, I must craft a Metal Man bracelet. :3 ... After my next con.

Quote:
I have cropped it from some of my pictures. These are old.
It works very well for you, indeed.

Quote:
Well, it depends on my audience. If it were a lovely lady, I'd be talking about the intricate designs on her blouse and how adorable it is
> blouse
> excuse to stare at boobs

Bahahaha.

Quote:
He? It's me, LOL

Was trying to charm Rita and get on the mod's good boys side
Pffffft.

The style works for you. Just as my style works for me. :3

Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I think for women its easier to date a guy with no sense of style. For us men, a woman with a sense of style is almost manditory
Not particularly.

The perfect woman for me would look fantastic in whatever she wears.

Which is how my wife is.

And to be honest, most of the "current fashions" are freaking ugly to begin with anyways.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Me neither. I like it on women. All stuff I'm expressing here are male targeted. Jeans on men means blue collar worker (the miner, the construction guy, the plumber, the NASCAR loving Himalayabilly, the amigo etc). And it's set in my mind since my youth and I have a mental block changing that perception. I don't mind wearing them once in a blue moon, but it will never be a part of my personality. I'd rather be a guy in amazing regular pants and a shirt
Chamy, my DH has spent his career on film crews. Jeans are pretty much the norm. Lots and lots and lots of black because reflection is not a good thing. He rarely wears "good" clothes to work for a variety of reasons: out in the middle of nowhere, crawling around on his knees getting the shot and plugging stuff in, comfort. He's big on comfort because the hours can be loooong.

Oh, and I LOVE the silver bracelet! Someday we need to talk watches.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Chamy, my DH has spent his career on film crews. Jeans are pretty much the norm. Lots and lots and lots of black because reflection is not a good thing. He rarely wears "good" clothes to work for a variety of reasons: out in the middle of nowhere, crawling around on his knees getting the shot and plugging stuff in, comfort. He's big on comfort because the hours can be loooong.

Oh, and I LOVE the silver bracelet! Someday we need to talk watches.
Ok, I'll take that back.

I actually have that bias against jeans primarily becoz I never wear them. Otherwise, I'm just BSing

My biggest pet peeve is dudes coming to work in jeans, sometimes torn and tattered, and it's become the modus operandi of posers "acting" to be "cool". Why can't they come about in dress pants I hate casual Friday. That had a huge influence on my general perception on men in jeans.

I put some pictures up on flickr. If you navigate past the first two pictures, there's me in my most beloved Abercrombie Tee. I dunno, I just love it. It makes me feel 5 years younger Don't tell the importer's wife

Old 09-12-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
If it works for you, it works for you. If I saw something like that on Mr. Mordio, I might die of laughter. I find that he and I have this thing where most nice and fashionable clothes look like "dress-up" clothes on us.
What would you say for my new Vineyard Vines pinkish red shorts. I asked the lady twice if hetero men can wear that. She scoffed, "Oh come on.... Honey you'll look great in it"

Quote:
Mine was purchased for conventions - as many costumes I wear have no pockets. My badge and everything is in/on the purse, so I just take it off for pictures and voila.
Most of the time, the bag just has my wallet and phone and I don't actually need the bag for it. Yet I carry it around for "the effect"

Quote:
Just for this, I must craft a Metal Man bracelet. :3 ... After my next con.
It's my only and best ornament. Got latin scripture engravings on it. My mother customized it when she made it for me. Almost everyone notices the kaap first and foremost. But actually, she made it as per tradition, coz that's what moms do when a father dies back in the old country. It's a shame I use it for a fashion statement

Quote:
It works very well for you, indeed.
Merci beaucoup

Quote:
> blouse
> excuse to stare at boobs

Bahahaha.
Only when your husband is not around. You better not kick at my chest

Quote:
Pffffft.

The style works for you. Just as my style works for me. :3
You have quite the style. I'm impressed It's fitting you moderate this board, milady.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
jeans, sometimes torn and tattered,
I detest that look. Spend good money on pre-torn jeans? Really?

(Not that anybody cares, lol, but I hate it.)

Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I detest that look. Spend good money on pre-torn jeans? Really?

(Not that anybody cares, lol, but I hate it.)
And add jeans that fade to that list and textured ones. Bleah!

If I ever wear jeans, it will be black. And I'd have to sport some shoe from K-Swiss from the Yigal Arouzel collection. Sadly, that link has disappeared from the K-Swiss website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty