Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 PM

15 posts, read 65,942 times

Advertisements

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

How would you describe these two shades, the one on the left and the one on the right.

My hair is closer to the one on the left. How should I best get the shade on the right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 04:53 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watgirljl View Post

How would you describe these two shades, the one on the left and the one on the right.

My hair is closer to the one on the left. How should I best get the shade on the right?
The one on the left looks to me like a medium ash blonde. The right looks like a light ash blonde.

Keep in mind, color reproduction on monitors is problematic.

You can dye your hair -- but with ashy shades only -- which are few and far between. If you try to go golden blonde your hair will be brassy, and it will look awful on you. For your first go round on hair color, you might want to go to a master colorist, and have them explain it all to you. And they can mix a color to give you some golden glow, without the brass.

You know you're an ash blonde if you look terrible in warm shades, and look great in cool jewel tones, and you prefer silver to gold. I am an ash blonde, but my skin tone is more neutral so I wear gold and silver jewelry, but all the colors I like to wear and surround myself with are cool colors.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:21 PM

615 posts, read 1,676,026 times
Quote:

I agree w/Tallysmom; I would recommend you go to a professional vs. trying to do this at home (assuming you are thinking about this).

If you want to give it a shot at home; take a small strand of your hair and test first!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:56 AM

861 posts, read 1,124,071 times
The one on the left looks dirty blonde and the right looks champagne blonde

Old 09-19-2011, 08:32 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,225 times
The one of the left looks like it has more red and brown on my screen: dark golden blonde
The one of the right looks like a champagne blonde to me too.

I think you can do it at home. If it turns out brassy or orange you just need a toner. And its easiest to keep up at a salon if your hair tends to do this. If the toner doesn't work then you need to let your hair rest a bit and try to get it lifted again at the salon. Keep a list of all your products used. I personally don't think all hair can get to a nice blonde. If you really like that brighter color you can use them as thick highlights mixed with more ashy or golden lowlights to combat any brassy appearance.

Remember to use shampoo etc for blonde or white hair. Other products can make it look brassy when they build up.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:17 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:

You've got to see a professional for that. There are lowlights and highlights involved in that mix.

I don't think you should try to use the bottle on yourself.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM

240 posts, read 420,092 times
The left picture: medium blonde or dark blonde (not sure).

The right picture: light ash blonde or medium ash blonde (not sure).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty