Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 04:40 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,351,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Haha, I stand by my post. Once you are 30........well, grow up......you are already pretty uggo.

Compare a hot 18 year old girl to a 30 year old cougar..........yikes, not even close.

Be like me, admit it, you are old and frightening.....cover up.
Amanda has a slamming body, so I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply to her.

To answer OP's question though, well, she knows my opinion about this already. Midriff shirts are not stylish nor classy and women our age and older (30s and up) should donate them to Goodwill and never look back. Unless we want to wear them to the gym or the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 04:48 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,828,742 times
if the mid section exceeds the hip section... keep it covered, regardless of age.

If you look like J Lo go for it. when 50 comes around its prob time for more modesty, or if you have excessive stretch marks... be modest!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:01 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,259,757 times
But my thoughts on this thread question is: You can have the tightest midriff in the world. But if someone sees your body first, then looks at your aged face and thinks "YIKES! She's too old to dress like that!" then you've probably out-lived your time to bare it.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:04 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,134,394 times
I saw 2 different women at the community pool last week who were elderly and they wore bikinis! :O They didn't have nice bodies like Sophia Loren or Raquel Welch, either. One was fat and lying there in a string bikini. Her hair was white and really short and her belly hung down over the bikini bottom. Her legs were super wrinkly and her butt was almost down to her knees. I wonder if she was lying there imagining herself back 60 years ago, trying to relive her youth. She couldn't possibly have thought she was really sexy enough to wear that, I hope! Yuck.
The 2nd woman in a bikini had a big hunch in her back and her halter top could barely hold her big heavy breasts above her waistline. Eek.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:24 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,126,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I saw 2 different women at the community pool last week who were elderly and they wore bikinis! :O They didn't have nice bodies like Sophia Loren or Raquel Welch, either. One was fat and lying there in a string bikini. Her hair was white and really short and her belly hung down over the bikini bottom. Her legs were super wrinkly and her butt was almost down to her knees. I wonder if she was lying there imagining herself back 60 years ago, trying to relive her youth. She couldn't possibly have thought she was really sexy enough to wear that, I hope! Yuck.
The 2nd woman in a bikini had a big hunch in her back and her halter top could barely hold her big heavy breasts above her waistline. Eek.
Now I think that's a little excessive of them...they obviously aren't in 'bikini shape'...they should have gone for a one-piece.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:35 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,614,794 times
the question isn't , how old is too old.... it is, how fat is too fat?

Old 10-21-2011, 01:39 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,126,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
the question isn't , how old is too old.... it is, how fat is too fat?
Good point.

I wouldn't have an issue with a fit and in-shape 55 year old woman wearing a bikini, or tying her shirt up to show her stomach, given that she's in good shape. However, if a 20 year old who is overweight tries to do the same, it's not going to look flattering on her.

To me, it's not so much about AGE as it is being in shape.

If I were my current age or younger, but overweight to the point to where it was noticeable, you'd better believe that I wouldn't be wearing tops that showed my midriff. However, I pride myself on being in shape and working out hard, so if I'm still fit when I'm 45 (which I truly believe I will be), then I'll probably keep wearing midriff tops (just maybe not as often).

Last edited by amanda0808; 10-21-2011 at 02:06 PM..

Old 10-21-2011, 02:30 PM

184 posts, read 701,614 times
i wear a lot of crop tops in the summer. i'm 26, i'm thin, but my body is far from tight and muscley. my midsection has always been soft. my abdomen doesn't gently crease when i bend over; it folds and bulges. i don't get muffintops, because i wear pants/shorts/skirts that fit properly. i don't get the dreaded bra strap bulges, because, again, i wear bras and tops that fit properly.

so even though i am young and active and kinda sorta fit, should i never show my body, except at the beach or in the bedroom, because it doesn't look like jlo's? do i have to go to the gym every day if i want to wear crop tops?

Old 10-21-2011, 02:49 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,614,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
do i have to go to the gym every day if i want to wear crop tops?
not necessarily; running a caloric deficit is a good way to burn fat.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:51 PM

29,677 posts, read 34,206,026 times
I can't say that I've seen a woman in a crop top since the 90s, but maybe I'm not looking very hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty