Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:46 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Nine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Guys will be talking about it as well saying "Dude, look at the desperate cougar MILF" or "Check out grandma trying to fit in with the young crowd" (even if "grandma" is only like 35-40 years old), or even "Look at the old lady showing off because she wants to get banged by a young dude". This will be ESPECIALLY true if she's like at a bar or club.
I have to agree here. And I'm 40, no kids or grandkids. Even with an in-shape body, past a certain age, it's about class. I've tried being in the best shape I can, had compliments from muscular men about my body, but even back at 25, I caught flack from other women, calling me bad names when I bared my midriff. In fact, outside of a gym, I haven't seen the bare midriff look on anyone young or old, since I was 25 during the baby-tee craze. But true midriff tops died out even before then. Even at my gym, come to think of it, nobody wears bare midriffs. I haven't worn sports bras since age 30, even when I look good in them. It just feels like I'm trying too hard. And all these comments that say that it's okay on an older woman at a nightclub: where are these nightclubs that middle aged women go to and actually have a good time at? Because around my area, people tend to stop going to clubs after 25. And at my age, I'm kind of invisible at them, even if I went in a midriff top and a micromini (another thing I quit wearing at 25, although I've still worn regular minis).

Old 10-25-2011, 10:30 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times
Quote:
Guys will be talking about it as well saying "Dude, look at the desperate cougar MILF" or "Check out grandma trying to fit in with the young crowd" (even if "grandma" is only like 35-40 years old), or even "Look at the old lady showing off because she wants to get banged by a young dude". This will be ESPECIALLY true if she's like at a bar or club.
Wow, if you're basing those comments that young guys supposedly make about older women dressing a bit "younger" than it sounds like you hang aruund some real braindead, juvenile, haters. ('Roid heads, perhaps?)
Anyway, that hasn't been my expeience at all. I work with a a lot of 20-somethings and the vast majority of them dig hot, older women when they dress sexily. These guys LOVE cougars. I've NEVER heard one of them EVER use the word "desperate."
So, I'm thinking we have two options here, amigo: either you are projecting your own thoughts into the mouths of other "psuedo friends" as a vehicle to post them here, or we're just a whole lot more polite and not as judegemental down here in Austin as you SoCal boys are.
So...which is it?

Last edited by DrummerBoy; 10-25-2011 at 10:58 AM..

Old 10-25-2011, 10:58 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
I've been around my guy friends in social settings when there have been older women wearing sexy outfits, and not once have I ever caught them referring to them as 'desperate'. Maybe some guys do, but not all of them. Also, a few of my younger (late 20s) guy friends are attracted to 40+ women, and they happen to like when they dress sexy.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:37 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Wow, if you're basing those comments that young guys supposedly make about older women dressing a bit "younger" than it sounds like you hang aruund some real braindead, juvenile, haters. ('Roid heads, perhaps?)
Anyway, that hasn't been my expeience at all. I work with a a lot of 20-somethings and the vast majority of them dig hot, older women when they dress sexily. These guys LOVE cougars. I've NEVER heard one of them EVER use the word "desperate."
So, I'm thinking we have two options here, amigo: either you are projecting your own thoughts into the mouths of other "psuedo friends" as a vehicle to post them here, or we're just a whole lot more polite and not as judegemental down here in Austin as you SoCal boys are.
So...which is it?
Big difference between texas and california there amigo. Cougars are NOT on the radar with the guys I know. Maybe they are with high school aged boys, but not 20-30 somethings. Texas, you got your leathery skinned straw haired cowboy hat wearing cigarette smoking Wrangler jeans and cowboy boots wearing "ya'll come to maw ma" milfy women who think "Toddlers and Tiaras" is a great show and they may be okay with older women trying to regain their youth by looking silly and low class like by wearing those shirts out to bars and restaurants. We dont have that in Southern California, well, except for maybe in Simi Valley, Riverside or Inland Empire, you know, areas where no one wants to live.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Big difference between texas and california there amigo. Cougars are NOT on the radar with the guys I know. Maybe they are with high school aged boys, but not 20-30 somethings. Texas, you got your leathery skinned straw haired cowboy hat wearing cigarette smoking Wrangler jeans and cowboy boots wearing "ya'll come to maw ma" milfy women who think "Toddlers and Tiaras" is a great show and they may be okay with older women trying to regain their youth by looking silly and low class like by wearing those shirts out to bars and restaurants. We dont have that in Southern California, well, except for maybe in Simi Valley, Riverside or Inland Empire, you know, areas where no one wants to live.
Way to generalize

Old 10-25-2011, 01:06 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times
Quote:
LOL--you've obviously never even been to Texas. Your grossly inaccurate and puerile stereotyping tell me that much.
I was gonna go on to ask if all Southern Calis are as snobby as you're coming-off as being, but since I was born there and lived there for many years, I know that's not the case.
So I reckon you're just special, huh? A legend in your own mind?

How's that workin' out for ya?

"There is one thing that will forever keep mankind mired in ignorance; and that is contempt prior to investigation." William James

Last edited by DrummerBoy; 10-25-2011 at 01:21 PM..

Old 10-25-2011, 02:09 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,244,680 times
No offense to the OP but looking @ the pics, she seems to be a little obsessive/compulsive with these crop tops...they're everywhere!

Old 10-25-2011, 02:34 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Based on the clothing in the stores - the REAL question should be ....

"How young is too young?"

Old 10-25-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
No offense to the OP but looking @ the pics, she seems to be a little obsessive/compulsive with these crop tops...they're everywhere!
Obsessive/compulsive?

I enjoy the style; I don't wear crop tops because it's something that would drive me nuts if I DONT' have one on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty