Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 11:20 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times

Advertisements

I'm a fan of Essie's:
Tomboy No More
Rock Star Skinny
Sexy Divide

I'm also liking Essie's Bold & Beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 11:27 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm a fan of Essie's:
Tomboy No More
Rock Star Skinny
Sexy Divide

I'm also liking Essie's Bold & Beautiful.
I just recently found Essie and I LOVE their Grow Strong bottom coat. My nails are normally extremely weak (thanks, hypothyroidism!) and this stuff is like magic! I haven't had any peeling, or breaks in several weeks.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:38 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I'm usually a french manicure woman but I'm trying to branch out. What colors do you recommend and whats your favorite brand?? TIA

^^I made an effort to "branch out", but I hated the colors (dark colored ones) on ME. I think they look cool on other women, but I'll stick to my french!

Old 09-21-2011, 12:21 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,421,443 times
On CVS website it showed it carried Essie but I couldn't find it in the store. I didn't want to order online as I like to see what exactly the color looks like

Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
^^Nice colors..Where to do they sell that brand of nail polish??
Illamasqua: you can buy directly from the website or check out sephora's site or ground store.

Chanel: Macy's

Old 09-21-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Absolutely beautiful. It's so hard finding a nice green nail polish (and if it exists, local stores are usually out of stock).
I know! More greens for you:

Kinda like it but with glitter:
Butter LONDON

light and soft lime:
The Palette Princess: Milani Nail Lacquer in "Green Glow" REVIEW

She gave it a bad review for needed multiple coats and peeling. Its a sheer polish though and not meant to be opaque. It goes on thinly. I used sally hansen 3 in 1 for a base and topcoat. I had no peeling. I also layered it over a hot pink that and that turned into a surreal golden orange. 1 coat looks understated and it has multi color shimmers in it. I always buff my nails smooth too which can affect peel factor it seems in my experience.

The pink:
Short 'n Chic: New Sally Hansen HD: Wavelength

I think sally may have discontinued the HD polishes or at least those colors.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:21 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I know! More greens for you:

Kinda like it but with glitter:
Butter LONDON

light and soft lime:
The Palette Princess: Milani Nail Lacquer in "Green Glow" REVIEW

She gave it a bad review for needed multiple coats and peeling. Its a sheer polish though and not meant to be opaque. It goes on thinly. I used sally hansen 3 in 1 for a base and topcoat. I had no peeling. I also layered it over a hot pink that and that turned into a surreal golden orange. 1 coat looks understated and it has multi color shimmers in it. I always buff my nails smooth too which can affect peel factor it seems in my experience.

The pink:
Short 'n Chic: New Sally Hansen HD: Wavelength

I think sally may have discontinued the HD polishes or at least those colors.
The first one is awesome as well. The second... well, I don't like lime and puke green colors. I love the rich, deep greens.

Right now, I've got this with this on top. Yeah, I know Crackles are overdone, but it looks awesome with the tealish green and creates a nice effect as the nail polish chips away.

(I do a lot of work with my hands, so by the second day, my nail polish already starts flaking away. Never found a brand that stays perfect.)

Old 09-21-2011, 01:28 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Ok, so I went and got a pedi last week, and got a very bright frosted red. I noticed that most of the new shades were beiges, tans, and pumpkins, so next time I'm going in that direction.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:58 AM

861 posts, read 1,124,156 times
I love licorice by essie

Old 09-26-2011, 09:10 AM

Oh wow...must see in person color:

Chanel Le Vernis in Peridot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty