U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 04:59 PM

29,297 posts, read 52,927,868 times

Advertisements

After going into surgery for a simple repair of her breast implants, Dinora Rodriguez, 40, awoke from the procedure to find that her plastic surgeon had left her with conjoined breasts – a uniboob, essentially. Without her knowledge or permission, the surgeon had also nip/tucked her eyelids, leaving Rodriguez with eyes that to this day cannot close all the way.

Buyer Beware: Uncertified Doc Botches Surgery, Gives Woman Uniboob - ABC News
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 05:43 PM

14,152 posts, read 24,987,238 times
Guess she should have stuck with what she was born with in the first place........

Old 09-27-2011, 06:10 PM

7,795 posts, read 15,773,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Guess she should have stuck with what she was born with in the first place........
My 5 year old daughter needs to have plastic surgery on her face and it hasn't been easy finding a board certified surgeon. Not all plastic surgery is about implants. I'm amazed at how many of the plastic surgeons aren't board certified.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:01 PM

14,152 posts, read 24,987,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
My 5 year old daughter needs to have plastic surgery on her face and it hasn't been easy finding a board certified surgeon. Not all plastic surgery is about implants. I'm amazed at how many of the plastic surgeons aren't board certified.
I don't mean such things as your situation at all - I was referring to those that get implants. It was amazing to read about the certifications - I hope you find someone qualified to help your daughter though. Must be a horrible ordeal knowing that seemingly anybody can say they can perform such surgery. Wishing you nothing but the best.

Old 04-10-2021, 05:54 PM

433 posts, read 462,889 times
In Mexico they have ways of resolving problems---
"He kept out of the public eye and was rarely photographed. In 1997, he checked into a Mexican hospital under a false name to have plastic surgery to alter his appearance and evade capture.
He died as a result of the botched operation, which included liposuction.
The authorities released gruesome photos of his body to counter rumours he was still alive. But the battered state of the body meant he was almost unrecognisable, and their release only fuelled the rumours.

The surgeons who performed the operation were killed some months later. Their bodies, which showed signs of torture, had been stuffed into an oil drum and covered in concrete."

I don't know how to highlight the last sentence, but.....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-52528881

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty