Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 09:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,730 times

Advertisements

heels! they are something I cannot resist...but they are soooo painful to wear! ouch! Thank God for After flats... something I wear when my feet start to hear from wearing heels.

Last edited by JustJulia; 10-14-2011 at 09:34 PM.. Reason: Brand-new members may not post links, sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 12:08 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Ditto the capris. Now that I'm over 50 they are my new "shorts". LOL. I also developed an obsession with cute flip flops later in life. I always avoided them when I was young becasue I have a weird baby toe...but now I don't give a flying fig.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:35 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
Sounds silly but: flip flops. I just ALWAYS wore sneakers or flats and made fun of my mom for wearing them all the time- even when it's snowing (although I still think that's stupid) Now I have a few pairs. I wouldn't say I'm in love, but I like them if they're comfortable enough and I toss them when they get too dirty to still look good when I wipe 'em down--NOTHING worse than dirty a** flip flips-especially "white" ones!

I thought I'd never wear short shorts, just capris/walking shorts. I found a few good pairs that don't ride up into my crotch (haha), so I'm lovin' 'em. Kinda goes hand in hand with the flip flops, I don't think flats look good with short shorts.

My husband has a longer list of fashion "I'll never"s that he ended up doing and liking. He'd swore he'd never cut his hair short. He now has a short mohawk and loves it. He'd never wear plaid shorts. He has 3 pairs and I had to beg him not to get the red & white ones because he looked like a picnic. I cant even remember half the things... He used to literally have one pair of black cargo shorts and one pair of black jeans and wear them with the tiny collection of black shirts he had. So he's come a REALLY long way

Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 PM

955 posts, read 3,648,429 times
Jeggings and skinny jeans... LOVE my tall boots so they became a must and now I look forward to fall and winter to pull them out!

Just getting into Scarves at this point and loving that too now that I have caved in!

Old 10-21-2011, 08:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
I bought a pair of skinny jeans last year to wear with warm boots. I swore I'd never wear them, and I don't particularly like them on me, but I do wear them. I usually wear bootcut jeans but they bunch at the knees, and I look like a Cossack.

It's almost time to break out my boots again, and with them, the skinny jeans.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:24 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I bought a pair of skinny jeans last year to wear with warm boots. I swore I'd never wear them, and I don't particularly like them on me, but I do wear them. I usually wear bootcut jeans but they bunch at the knees, and I look like a Cossack.

It's almost time to break out my boots again, and with them, the skinny jeans.
Were you standing behind me this morning when I was looking in my closet? You just recited exactly what I said to myself this very morning!! Although the difference might have been afterward I started singing Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls"...

Old 10-21-2011, 09:06 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,025 times
I initially disliked bellybutton rings when I first saw them in the mid-90s, but on a whim I decided to pierce my navel a few years after. I fell in love with the style and have been wearing them since. Sometimes I'll go without wearing one, but my stomach feels bare if I dont' have one on.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
Were you standing behind me this morning when I was looking in my closet? You just recited exactly what I said to myself this very morning!! Although the difference might have been afterward I started singing Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls"...
No, I wasn't behind you. I have binoculars!

I was just a skinny lad, never knew no good from bad ...

Old 10-21-2011, 11:32 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Fashion things you thought you'd never wear but...you gave it a try and ended up falling in love.
French cuff tailored work shirts with cufflinks. Now, almost all of my work shirts (I wear suit every day for work) are tailored fit with French cuffs that require cufflinks. Now, Im building quite a collection of cuff links.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:49 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
French cuff tailored work shirts with cufflinks. Now, almost all of my work shirts (I wear suit every day for work) are tailored fit with French cuffs that require cufflinks. Now, Im building quite a collection of cuff links.

It's such a mind-exhilarating hobby, Laoman!

Ever since I went all week on French cuffs and cufflinks, random women started calling me handsome/good looking etc., I generally do two french cuffs per week, coz it's annoying to press and to quickly cuff up, it's way too formal, for a non-meeting day.

I wonder if women love shiny metal/crystal things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty