Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:12 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,253,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
There was a young woman who came down to my office one time, who was originally from Russia. I'm sure she was making an extra effort to look proper. She had on pantyhose, but they were a pale tan color that looked just awful.
Those are pretty much the only women who wear hose around here...Russian/Baltic and eastern European women. When we bought our house, the seller's agent had as his partner a mail-order bride from Lithuania...she was very nice, and obviously spent a lot of time getting her "Realtor" look ready each day...very proper suits. But then she ruined the polished look by adding high-sheen hose in a shade that contrasted badly with her skin, and super high (4+ inch) stripper stilettos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 03:38 PM

1,317 posts, read 5,257,156 times
Panty hose is just another "Layer" I dont need under my skirt..and pinching my waist,etc. Just
wore my stay up thigh highs today and they work great! They were black!

Greenchili

Old 10-09-2011, 04:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,253,590 times
I actually don't mind the "pulling in," foundation garment aspect of hosiery. I'd just rather it were tights than more flimsy hose.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:49 PM

66 posts, read 160,519 times
It's curious how trends change from one country to another. I live in Europe (by now... LOL) and pantyhose is a MUST even during Summer. Hey, don't say ARRGGG yet! XD
There are SO many choices for pantyhoses and we got special ones for summer.

Here, trend seekers and even VOGUE say that any women who pretends to look classy should wear pantyhose.

For me, it's just a matter of choice. But I must say that if you go bare-legged during winter, people will definitely point at you and probably think you are nuts.
Same thing with sandals during Winter. No way.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:58 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,029,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Like most women, I didn't like pantihose (although garter belts were even worse---yup, I AM that old to remember). But we endured them because they made our legs look good.

Now I hear that they shouldn't be worn, especially "nude" hose---if worn at all, should be something like patterned tights.

But aside from your legs being cold, would they really look good bare, especially in the winter? I guess there's self-tanning stuff...

I don't understand it either. I love women's legs nude even though that's the first thing I toss on the side when I get a little bit.

busta

Old 10-09-2011, 07:11 PM

615 posts, read 1,671,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
I don't understand it either. I love women's legs nude even though that's the first thing I toss on the side when I get a little bit.

busta

TMI!!!!

Quote:
Cuquitina:There are SO many choices for pantyhoses and we got special ones for summer.
Would you mind sharing what type/brand these hose are that you wear in the Summer? CURIOUS! :-D Thanks!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:49 AM

66 posts, read 160,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post

Would you mind sharing what type/brand these hose are that you wear in the Summer? CURIOUS! :-D Thanks!

Sure!!

Here you got some. You can find them at any store. They are really comfortable and some of them even got a separation for big toe
Some women use them daily, specially if they are not suntanned enough. I only use them if I've got a fancy dinner or going out with friends.

Of course you can find them with extras! Belly hiding, no stitching at all, little designs with strass or tattoo-like...

There are shiny and mate available, just in case you want to add an extra touch.
Guess I will have to ask my sister to keep in mind that I might need some of these.

Moderator cut: image removed

Moderator cut: image removed

http://www.cdt-isma.com/images/Marie...reras/4782.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Marka; 01-10-2014 at 12:30 AM..

Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuquitina View Post
Sure!!

Here you got some. You can find them at any store. They are really comfortable and some of them even got a separation for big toe
Some women use them daily, specially if they are not suntanned enough. I only use them if I've got a fancy dinner or going out with friends.

Of course you can find them with extras! Belly hiding, no stitching at all, little designs with strass or tattoo-like...

There are shiny and mate available, just in case you want to add an extra touch.
Guess I will have to ask my sister to keep in mind that I might need some of these.

Sweet! Thanks Cuquitina! I'll definitely look into these.

I don't wear hose with everything in the warmer season(s), but with some attire I do.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Those of us who live in warm climates, that's who.

It really never gets cold enough in LA to "have" to wear anything on our legs.
That could be believed only by somebody who's never spent any time in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
My problem is blistering -- my shoes fit perfectly, but there are places that rub -- this last pair I went without socks once, and blistered the arches of my feet.
I can't imagine how women wear closed-toe shoes barefoot...

Old 10-11-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

I can't imagine how women wear closed-toe shoes barefoot...

I have ballerina flats now with bare feet and I'm good to go! No funk and no pain! ahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty