Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2011, 05:32 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
PS I am not trying to be sanctimonious here just trying to be objective, as I just am tired of reading the SOS with no real help or insight to the OP as you get side-tracked with your "agendas" and the thread eventually gets closed.

I did not notice any "agendas". I guess you had to be looking for them.

Most of the posts here directly reference the original post and the pics that were posted. You can't talk about curves without talking about weight, or proportions, especially since the OP specifically asked "Can skinny women be curvy? Or does curvy have to also mean meaty, regardless of proportions?"

If you are tired of reading the SOS, then the solution to that is quite simple.

I'm not trying to be rude here, just trying to understand how you can scold us for not being helpful to the OP when we are responding to a question that she asked. Weight/looks are a hot topic for a lot of people. Do we avoid all controversial subjects? I thought that the point of this forum was discussion.

But, why don't we just ask the OP if the thread is insightful or helpful to her.

Last edited by mochamajesty; 11-06-2011 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: Punctuation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 05:56 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
I did not notice any "agendas". I guess you had to be looking for them.

Most of the posts here directly reference the original post and the pics that were posted. You can't talk about curves without talking about weight, or proportions, especially since the OP specifically asked "Can skinny women be curvy? Or does curvy have to also mean meaty, regardless of proportions?

If you are tired of reading the SOS, then the solution to that is quite simple.

I'm not trying to be rude here, just trying to understand how you can scold us for not being helpful to the OP when we are responding to a question that she asked. Weight/looks are a hot topic for a lot of people. Do we avoid all controversial subjects? I thought that the point of this forum was discussion.

But, why don't we just ask the OP if the thread is insightful or helpful to her.
Thank you...as I didn't mean to be rude, but it may have come off that way. I think the OP did get her answer like you said, but she had to wade through all the other comments which to me are personal agendas that often gets threads closed no matter what section they are in; again you are right that weight IS a hot topic on this site...and because it is, I just don't want to see it lead the discussion like it has on other threads, that is all, as the same people say the same things over and over.

And... I know the way to solve this would to just have me not read them, but the topic was interesting to me.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:03 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
Thank you...as I didn't mean to be rude, but it may have come off that way. I think the OP did get her answer like you said, but she had to wade through all the other comments which to me are personal agendas that often gets threads closed no matter what section they are in where again you are right that weight IS a hot topic on this site...and because it is, I just don't want to see it lead the discussion like it has on other threads, that is all as the same people say the same things. I know the way to solve this would to just have me not read them, but the topic was interesting to me.
Thanks for the reply. To avoid further highjacking I will send you a DM.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:21 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,121,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Obese men do it to themselves. I can't tell you how many times I've seen obese men that like thin women only and won't think twice about dating an obese woman.
It probably has to do with that, but I think obese white men lack confidence. I know I did when I was obese.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:58 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
OP- yes skinny women can be curvy (that's good and Bad curvy). Honestly one must factor key notables such as height and race. Being a general question you must utilize the general populous and all aspects of those within the populous. After reviewing the OP 4 photos I've realize the hour glass profile I refer to would consist of well positioned breast slimmer midsection and hips. Some think breast,slim midsection,and waist. The four women photographed have that WIDE\prominent high waist thing going on. Women with bubble wrap(extra meat) can lose the additional poundage unfortuantely for the women photographed they can not lose the PROMINENT WAIST BONE....not ideal for bikinis my personal opinion.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:25 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
OP- yes skinny women can be curvy (that's good and Bad curvy). Honestly one must factor key notables such as height and race. Being a general question you must utilize the general populous and all aspects of those within the populous. After reviewing the OP 4 photos I've realize the hour glass profile I refer to would consist of well positioned breast slimmer midsection and hips. Some think breast,slim midsection,and waist. The four women photographed have that WIDE\prominent high waist thing going on. Women with bubble wrap(extra meat) can lose the additional poundage unfortuantely for the women photographed they can not lose the PROMINENT WAIST BONE....not ideal for bikinis my personal opinion.
What the heck is a waist bone?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:46 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
Good catch! Totally disregard the word "Bone" within the sentence. I've always considered myself quite the multi-tasker....dose of reality here in black print!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:17 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,812,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I consider you hot hot hot!!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 07:25 PM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times
My husband calls me Bones. I am 100 lbs (5'1.5"). Today, I am a size 1, 0, or even 00 with 34 inch hips. I birthed two children 7+ lb. without a C-Section. I was measured during labor (eek!) with my first breech baby. I have had other much larger women tell me they had to have C-Sections with babies the same size as mine. "But you're so SKINNY!" It's all in your (pelvic) BONES, lady, not you BUTT!

Curves? What are curves? Even at 100 lbs., I am a 32DD. Try to find that size, or buy one piece garments. The bra industry thinks if you are a 32 band size you must be 10 years old and in a training bra.

Where are you curves? While I may not have butt curves, mine are certainly ABOVE my waist.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:48 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My husband calls me Bones. I am 100 lbs (5'1.5"). Today, I am a size 1, 0, or even 00 with 34 inch hips. I birthed two children 7+ lb. without a C-Section. I was measured during labor (eek!) with my first breech baby. I have had other much larger women tell me they had to have C-Sections with babies the same size as mine. "But you're so SKINNY!" It's all in your (pelvic) BONES, lady, not you BUTT!

Curves? What are curves? Even at 100 lbs., I am a 32DD. Try to find that size, or buy one piece garments. The bra industry thinks if you are a 32 band size you must be 10 years old and in a training bra.

Where are you curves? While I may not have butt curves, mine are certainly ABOVE my waist.
Tell me about it. I wear a 28D/E and even in specialty shops my size is rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty