U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:42 PM

5 posts, read 2,697 times

Advertisements

I actually wear a pair of glasses without lenses, and it give me a differnt but good look, i don't think i wear it out of vanity, who doesn't want to look good? If I think i look good with the glasses, why should i be bothered about other's opinions? Live your own way, as long as you enjoy it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 06:34 PM

11,282 posts, read 13,979,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I had glasses that were coated with a glare treatment to make computer screens easier on the eyes. It also helped with that halo you see while driving. If you really want some clear glasses at least get something you can use. I thought about getting transition lenses with a glare coating in the future when I will be using computers and driving more often. The glare coating did save my eyes. I didn't have the eye strain issues I had previous to using them. I think they actually helped save my eyes from strain damage. I stopped getting "computer headaches" too.

^ Yup. They have some really cute frames out nowadays, too. For computer use especially -blue light blocking, UV, HD.( * Great recommendation for kids, too)

I got a couple pairs I'm kinda in love with

Old 02-11-2020, 11:47 PM

13,172 posts, read 3,457,661 times
Nothing is more aging than wearing eyeglass frames that are out of style.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:07 PM

24,947 posts, read 16,057,530 times
If that’s what you want to do, do it. But if I could have gotten by without mine all of these 60+ years I would have gladly done. Glasses are a pain. They have to fit correctly. They have to be cleaned daily. And by the way, lenses can scratch, which make seeing through them irritating.

Buy a pair of quality sunglasses. Wear them around town and see how you tolerate them. Then decide if you want them for fashion. That’s my advice.

Old 02-12-2020, 02:51 PM

8,717 posts, read 3,186,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I've seen people do it before, I just don't see the point in it. The only time I've seen people do it are people who are trying to be trendy "hipsters." Also, be prepared for people to start asking you extremely annoying questions about computers.

Like I said, try dressing more nicely. It'll have the same effect and will probably look better anyways.

And maybe trendy is EXACTLY what OP is going for. OP pretty much said it's for fashion sake.

OP, if you're digging the look, than do your thang. Why not? Totally your call.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:36 PM

8,734 posts, read 9,137,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Nothing is more aging than wearing eyeglass frames that are out of style.
Whatever frames the OP bought 9 years ago when first writing the post, would be out of style in 2020.

Old 02-13-2020, 09:53 AM

8,717 posts, read 3,186,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Whatever frames the OP bought 9 years ago when first writing the post, would be out of style in 2020.

Vintage. ;-p

Old 02-13-2020, 10:04 AM

11,282 posts, read 13,979,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post

^Yeah. I did a search on a fashionable glasses and decided to post here rather than just starting a whole new thread..

2020 and alot has changed, right along with technology... There have been so many reports of people (children especially) damaging their eyes due to excesssive screentime. I spend alot of time working on my computer, so the blue light blocking computer glasses really appealed to me. (Better safe, than sorry...) They also block UV light, so they work like sunglasses, but without the dark tint/distortion.

I consider that a nice blend of fashion & function.

(I don't know about the poster who popped the lenses out and just wore the frames tho, that seems a bit odd. lol )

Old 02-13-2020, 10:31 AM

11,277 posts, read 5,968,348 times
I've never looked at someone wearing glasses and wondered if the lenses are prescription or not. I can't imagine caring.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:08 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,736,293 times
Why not, people wear scarf & jewelry & headbands. Why can't glasses be an accessory.

TBH I was on the boat of "this is ridiculous" few years ago but it grew on me. Plus I have been wearing prescription glass for life until I got Lasik done 2 years ago & sometimes I miss my glass, especially on the day when I have really dark under eye circle & wish I had glasses to hide behind. So I got lot of sunglass now but I will get fake glass. It is an accessory just like hat. Can complete an outfit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty