U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:27 PM

24,683 posts, read 46,727,326 times

Advertisements

Most people don't seem to wear hats even when it's a scorching summer's day, except maybe baseball caps which seem to be as much a fashion statement as sun-protection. I sometimes wear a wide-brimmed slouch hat (I bought a panama hat in New Mexico but I lost it) for sun/UV protection on a hot day or to the beach, hiking, but not on a regular basis. I probably should. It seems most women don't wear any kind of hat these days.

Do you wear a hat, if so what type, why (primarily for fashion, protection) and how often?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 11:04 PM

184 posts, read 618,861 times
i wear fedoras/trilbies often, 'cause they're awesome and they allow me to be super lazy about styling my hair. i also wear a driving cap while riding/working at the stable, as it helps keep my short hair out of my face and the sun out of my eyes, and it's also stylistically appropriate for the occasional carriage rides.

my hats are some of the most likely items in my wardrobe to receive spontaneous compliments from strangers.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:18 AM

614 posts, read 1,483,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Most people don't seem to wear hats even when it's a scorching summer's day, except maybe baseball caps which seem to be as much a fashion statement as sun-protection. I sometimes wear a wide-brimmed slouch hat (I bought a panama hat in New Mexico but I lost it) for sun/UV protection on a hot day or to the beach, hiking, but not on a regular basis. I probably should. It seems most women don't wear any kind of hat these days.

Do you wear a hat, if so what type, why (primarily for fashion, protection) and how often?

Yes, I do! I love hats. Baseball, fedoras, skullies, berets, etc.....I wear them for fashion, protection against the Sun, warmth during the cold weather. How often? Depends on my mood, outfit and weather.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,627,539 times
I wear them in the summer more than winter. I've been much better about it since I had my daughter. I make her wear a hat outside 24/7 (she's very fair skinned and didn't get any hair til well after her first BD). She's better about keeping her hat on if mommy is wearing one too..

I've recently seen some very lovely winter hats at the mall though... thinking about getting one.

I love the idea of wearing a hat but sometimes I'm afraid it will come off as too costume-y.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:05 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,132,856 times
I wear hats in the winter, and sometimes in the summer. My favorite winter hats are the ones with a pom-pom on top, I've always loved them as a kid. Baseball hats are good in the summer to help your eyes, even if it's not overly sunny.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:58 PM

20,419 posts, read 38,762,876 times
Never wear a hat, even in the snowiest of winters... can't stand anything covering my head.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:50 PM

5,258 posts, read 8,155,778 times
I wear baseball caps sometimes, and if I'm wearing a cowgirl-type outfit (jeans, boots, western shirt) I'll sometimes wear a cowboy hat.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:51 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,476,209 times
Wear a baseball cap at the beach and when working in the yard. I usually don't wear a winter hat just pull up the hood on my coat. If I could find a flattering one I probably would.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM

27,091 posts, read 6,645,667 times
I love hats! Summer just baseball types...too hot for anything else. But for fall/winter/spring:

cotton & wool berets
knitted wool toboggan from Peru
wool bowler-type
polartec toboggan

Old 11-08-2011, 07:31 PM

11,759 posts, read 20,998,379 times
I look frightening in hats (doesn't matter what kind) - wish I could, especially when shoveling snow out of the drive, off the walks, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty