U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:40 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,612,286 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what people thought about grown women wearing the Victoria Secret's PINK line around town. I don't know, maybe it's just my age (38), but I think women over 30 sporting PINK jogging pants/sweatshirts look ridiculous. I think they are cute on college age girls, okay, maybe I think they are all around silly looking. I suppose the JUICY line would also fall into this category. Any thoughts or opinions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 12:45 PM

155 posts, read 226,719 times
I see women wearing PINK and JUCIY stuff all the time and they all look fine no matter they age. 20s, 30s, 40s and they look good. What they all seem to have in common though are very nice fit bodies. Not fat, not rail thin, but fit as in yoga/gym/pilates fit.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:50 PM

615 posts, read 1,583,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I was wondering what people thought about grown women wearing the Victoria Secret's PINK line around town. I don't know, maybe it's just my age (38), but I think women over 30 sporting PINK jogging pants/sweatshirts look ridiculous. I think they are cute on college age girls, okay, maybe I think they are all around silly looking. I suppose the JUICY line would also fall into this category. Any thoughts or opinions?

If they want to wear it; that's their prerogative. I don't usually care about what other people choose to wear.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:57 PM

25,906 posts, read 39,715,152 times
Quote:
Agreed. The PINK ads in the catalog are all teenagers with a sorority-sister, dorm-room thing going on. Some of them have a somewhat pervy Girls Gone Wild tinge to them--one catalog I got had the girls in plenty of "Oops! My skirt flew up to show my panties!" poses, open mouths with lollipops, that kind of thing. And all the ads have bras and panties hanging out, or girls lounging in panties and shoes and sweatshirts (like teenage girls totally do, tee hee! and then OMG! they have pillow fights and make out! ). Some of the Victoria's Secret catalogs seem ... well, more like spank mags than others, and the PINK stuff definitely so. My teenager wears PINK stuff, and I don't have anything against the clothes themselves (except I don't allow words on the butt), but the ads can be on the squicky side. Even the name: PINK. Like that doesn't conjure any images. And some of the phrases on the underwear: Can't Say No, Let's Get a Room, Sure Thing, Take Me Home Tonight ... yeah, she doesn't wear that either.

I think after a woman leaves her early 20s, she can at least graduate into the regular Angel line. PINK is for young women. I am 38 too.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Agreed. The PINK ads in the catalog are all teenagers with a sorority-sister, dorm-room thing going on. Some of them have a somewhat pervy Girls Gone Wild tinge to them--one catalog I got had the girls in plenty of "Oops! My skirt flew up to show my panties!" poses, open mouths with lollipops, that kind of thing. And all the ads have bras and panties hanging out, or girls lounging in panties and shoes and sweatshirts (like teenager girls totally do, tee hee! and then OMG! they have pillow fights and make out! ). Some of the Victoria's Secret catalogs seem ... well, more like spank mags than others, and the PINK stuff definitely so. My teenager wears PINK stuff, and I don't have anything against the clothes themselves (except I don't allow words on the butt), but the ads can be on the squicky side. Even the name: PINK. Like that doesn't conjure any images. And some of the phrases on the underwear: Can't Say No, Let's Get a Room, Sure Thing, Take Me Home Tonight ... yeah, she doesn't wear that either.

I think after a woman leaves her early 20s, she can at least graduate into the regular Angel line. PINK is for young women. I am 38 too.
Thank you. My daughter wears the PINK line too, which I have no problem with (obviously nothing obnoxious). I guess I would just like to see more women embracing "classy" as they age, and I just don't see that when they have the same thing on as their 16 year old daughter.
To the other poster, I am a size 2, and could probably pull it off, but I just don't think PINK across my chest or bottom is very 'cute' for a woman who is almost 40. I will stick to my Northface/Under Armour gear.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:44 PM

5,730 posts, read 9,416,514 times
I think...

If i want to wear Jeans today and Slacks tomorrow...

It's NDBBM!

I think the same about what others wear.

Old 11-11-2011, 01:49 PM

25,906 posts, read 39,715,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I think...

It's NDBBM!

Not really the same thing (it would be more like your wearing a Twilight T-shirt tomorrow with the jeans), but OK.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I think...

It's NDBBM!

I certainly did not start this post to upset or offend people, truly. I just wanted to hear other's opinions. I apologize, but I don't know what the acronym NDBBM means?

Old 11-11-2011, 02:58 PM

5,258 posts, read 8,591,826 times
Quote:
I'm 38 and I wear a few PINK items regularly. I think that, as long as it flatters you, you should be able to wear it regardless of age.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:38 PM

10,234 posts, read 15,137,406 times
Quote:

I don't know what the VS PINK line is (I don't shop there). But I''ll be hitting 60 and I wear a lot of hot-pink, even lipstick (though never in pants ~ that's for the skinny ones). People really, really like me in it. This ol' babe isn't afraid of colors.

Last edited by Bluesmama; 11-11-2011 at 05:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty