Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,223,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
How long does it usually take for your stuff to come when you order them online?
About a week, more or less. I believe I've always tried to get free shipping, they're always advertising that so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 11:13 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,101 times
Talbot's
Coldwater Creek (great for my work clothes)
Old Navy
Gap
zappos
Macy's
Nordstrom Rack - just recently discovered

Old 12-04-2011, 12:09 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
I like Anthropologie a lot for the same reasons, but they're a bit pricey for me (yes, I'm broke). Maybe if the economy was better & I had steadier work it would be less of an issue, but I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on one piece of clothing unless it is very "special".

Others:
H&M
Zara
Forever 21
Urban Outfitters (mostly jeans & shoes)
Express (occasionally for work clothes)
Target (when the Go International is good)
PacSun (I list this now because I just got some cheaply priced jeggings there that I am very pleased with).
AE Outfitters (for summer shorts - they don't ride up my butt :X)
Macy's (lingerie, shoes & handbags)

I like thrift stores, estate sales, & Etsy for the occasional vintage find (but you have to HUNT). I used to like ebay, but I've soured on their system now (both as a seller & a buyer). There are a few independant boutiques I browse online (I find a lot of them though Neet Magazine), but I don't buy from them too often (the stuff I like is never a "need" or it seems overpriced for the quality).

Independent boutiques:
Nasty Gal (it's quirky & vintage stuff, really!)
Bona Drag
Mod Cloth

Old 12-04-2011, 07:19 PM

38 posts, read 61,395 times
shopping mall, some shopping online website..

i don't pay more attention to brands, just choose the style i like...

Old 12-05-2011, 02:59 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,042 times
Lately I've been finding some pretty good stuff at Goodwill, of all places.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I like Anthropologie a lot for the same reasons, but they're a bit pricey for me (yes, I'm broke). Maybe if the economy was better & I had steadier work it would be less of an issue, but I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on one piece of clothing unless it is very "special".

Others:
H&M
Zara
Forever 21
Urban Outfitters (mostly jeans & shoes)
Express (occasionally for work clothes)
Target (when the Go International is good)
PacSun (I list this now because I just got some cheaply priced jeggings there that I am very pleased with).
AE Outfitters (for summer shorts - they don't ride up my butt :X)
Macy's (lingerie, shoes & handbags)

I like thrift stores, estate sales, & Etsy for the occasional vintage find (but you have to HUNT). I used to like ebay, but I've soured on their system now (both as a seller & a buyer). There are a few independant boutiques I browse online (I find a lot of them though Neet Magazine), but I don't buy from them too often (the stuff I like is never a "need" or it seems overpriced for the quality).

Independent boutiques:
Nasty Gal (it's quirky & vintage stuff, really!)
Bona Drag
Mod Cloth
Your legitimacy has been disbanded due to your use of 'jeggings'.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:51 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,858 times
Denim- True Religion

T-shirts- Old Navy

Work/Professional clothes- Express

Footwear- Aldo, Shellys and Faith. And No! I'm not a cross-dresser. Shellys and Faith dabbled in unisex flats a couple of years back.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:15 PM

10 posts, read 12,131 times
Im a guy, so I don't think I count in on this conversation. Don't mean to act weird, but do girls like to hear what guys like to see them wear? Is it that sort of thing, or girls who really like to shop don't care what guys think..

Old 12-07-2011, 01:23 PM

928 posts, read 1,712,931 times
I don't care what guys want my clothes to be. They're not wearing my clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
While there is no shortage of $200 sweaters there, not everything at Anthropologie is hundreds of dollars, especially if you catch their sale items.

Here are some things I came across while browsing their site earlier.
  • So-so top, but wearable with the right outfit $30.
  • Very fun dress that I'm pretty sure I need now that I'm looking at it for $100.
  • A lot less fun dress, but $40.
  • Cute white top for $40.
  • Tank that you won't be able to wear for six months, but is still cute, for $20.
  • Ridiculously fun yellow corset yellow top for $50 here!
  • Sweater jacket that I'm also sure I need now that I'm looking at it for $50.

Last edited by Lorielicious; 12-07-2011 at 01:53 PM..

Old 12-07-2011, 01:32 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeOnShakeIt View Post
Im a guy, so I don't think I count in on this conversation. Don't mean to act weird, but do girls like to hear what guys like to see them wear? Is it that sort of thing, or girls who really like to shop don't care what guys think..
I think men's opinions of women's clothing matters to an extent. Most ladies would like to look pleasing to gentleman, but if you don't understand the appeal of bubble skirts or v-necks or espadrilles or bandage dresses or whatever trend we happen to prefer, you're bum out of luck and better learn to either like it or keep your mouth shut.

Here, though, opinions are welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty