Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:07 AM

104 posts, read 99,559 times

Advertisements

...But I occasionally like to dress up and put on a nice pair of pants, slap some makeup on, and slip on a nice pair of heels. I love light colored jeans, and I like to wear clothes from all sorts of 'styles'. Lately though, I just want to wear sweats. I bought 4 pairs last week and all I wear to school, where I am currently at right now, are my new sweats. The only thing I need now is a nice cotton hoodie. I prefer no decorations. Just a plain cotton article of clothing for me! Anyone else out there have those phases where they just don't gaf? I don't care right now. Even though I am single, I still could care less what I look like. Maybe it's because I hate everyone at my school, and 99% of our population are annoying as hell and equally as unattractive. Or... maybe it's because I think I look good in my sweats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 09:44 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela<3 View Post
...But I occasionally like to dress up and put on a nice pair of pants, slap some makeup on, and slip on a nice pair of heels. I love light colored jeans, and I like to wear clothes from all sorts of 'styles'. Lately though, I just want to wear sweats. I bought 4 pairs last week and all I wear to school, where I am currently at right now, are my new sweats. The only thing I need now is a nice cotton hoodie. I prefer no decorations. Just a plain cotton article of clothing for me! Anyone else out there have those phases where they just don't gaf? I don't care right now. Even though I am single, I still could care less what I look like. Maybe it's because I hate everyone at my school, and 99% of our population are annoying as hell and equally as unattractive. Or... maybe it's because I think I look good in my sweats

No, I don't go through phases where all I want to wear is sweats. I do love sweats for walking my dogs or putzing around on the wkends (errands/quick shopping/gym), but I LOVE being a woman/dressing/fashion!

You "hate" everyone at school?

Old 11-17-2011, 11:09 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela<3 View Post
OK, but if I saw someone dressed like you doing anything other than leaving the gym or walking the dog at dawn, I'd think you were lazy, dirty, and overall questionable.

Dress however you like, but whether we like it or not people judge us by the way we present ourselves. And when you present yourself like a bum, well, they're probably not going to be too friendly. Maybe that's why you don't get along with 99% of the population? Do they keep putting change in your coffee cup?

Old 11-17-2011, 11:16 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post

Dress however you like, but whether we like it or not people judge us by the way we present ourselves. And when you present yourself like a bum, well, they're probably not going to be too friendly. Maybe that's why you don't get along with 99% of the population? Do they keep putting change in your coffee cup?

Jerry Seinfeld: Sweatpants - YouTube

Old 11-17-2011, 11:47 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Yoga pants? Kinda cuter than sweats. Also saw at old navy today jeggings which feel like sweats but they came in flares and tapered leg.

I had a phase like that in my 20's when my work/school load week was at least 80 hours. I didn't go all the way into sweatpant land but wore baggy stuff. But round two of the same schpeel I prefer dressing nicely and comfortably. It just gives you boost of energy through the day to have random people tell you something is cute, looks nice or asks you were you got it. Laying out clothing the night before does something to calm my brain. As I sink into my sheets I feel everything is in order.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:08 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times
LOL. Some of us have grown up and realized that it doesn't matter what strangers think of us. I totally understand the wanting to live in sweats. They're cozy and warm. Most of my wardrobe is sweats and T's and I'm very happy in them. Don't get me wrong, if hubby and I are going out for an evening, I'll put on my 'big girl clothes', but the rest of the time, why would I bother to dress up to impress strangers? When I'm running errands my hair is pulled back, no makeup and I'm in sweats or yoga pants and a T-shirt or long sleeve knit top if it's cooler out. I just don't feel the need to try to impress people. I know who I am, what I've accomplished in life and I'm happy with me.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:25 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Its not about impressing strangers. But it randomly happens. I don't see how accepting looking like a slob makes you an adult. It just makes you a slob.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:43 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Noooooooooooooo!

Old 11-17-2011, 02:47 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
I love sweatpants, LOL Being comfortable is all that matters to me. If I could I'd wear them everywhere...

Old 11-17-2011, 02:54 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,055 times
Yesssssssssssssssss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty