Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you consider dating a balding man?
Yes 132 77.65%
No 18 10.59%
Maybe 20 11.76%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:52 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,547,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I have a weakness for bald men and it has been great for me to be that way. My bald significant other for several years was the best, most outstanding lover than either of my 2 late husbands. They were all right, but, the man in question was a master. Unfortunately, after a few years I had to give him up because other than his main attribute, he bored me to tears.
I nearly burst out laughing at this because it reminded me of the guy I broke up with right before I met my husband.

He was bald. He was also hot.

But finally one day, he was saying something stupid (as usual) and I just looked at him and said, "You know what - why don't you just shut up? I like you so much better when you're not talking."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,015,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Doesn't really matter what you're born with or even how the rest of your family is, I think it's mainly determined by your maternal grandfather.
This is a huge myth. Just like any other trait, it can be passed from either side of the family. My receding hairline is following almost the exact pattern and timeframe of my father's.

My maternal grandfather went bald too, but his was more the thinning-all-over-on-top variety rather than the run-away-from-the-forehead-starting-at-the-temples variety of my father and I.

Luckily, I don't have a funny-shaped dome or bumps on my head and I pump iron in the gym five days per week, so the razor bald look works just fine for me.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 AM

224 posts, read 356,111 times
Yes. I have no problem with it.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:14 PM

872 posts, read 1,382,212 times
I find the basic rule of thumb to be reasonably reliable when it comes attractive women: Bald, fat, ugly and influential man >> "Good looking" and poor man.

Something to do with more attractive women having submissive/infantilistic tendencies, apparently.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM

50,159 posts, read 63,598,266 times
I'd sooner date a bald one than one who wears a toupe. There is something so unappealing about a man who cares about being bald. I guess I like my men un-vain.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:59 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,712,091 times
I don't even see why a woman should even have to consider it. Most of the men wouldn't even give a 'balding woman,' the time of day, in fact most of them say they wouldn't even want a woman with a short cut hair let alone balding, it all has to be long and flowing.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:46 PM

830 posts, read 1,662,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
I've loved me some bald men in my life, some hairy ones, too. I don't care what's going on on top of his head, just what's going on inside it.
Best post on this thread.

I was physically attracted to a balding man--what was going on inside of his head was the real problem with him, not the bald spot. In general he is very bitter and takes out his insecurities on others. That is much more unattractive than his hair loss.

Now I know all balding guys aren't like that, there are a few good ones I would have dated if we were all unattached.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM

518 posts, read 1,002,575 times
No, I wouldn't; much the same way some men wouldn't date a balding woman, a flat chested woman or a woman who had some other physically unattractive feature about her. I'd want a guy with HAIR, that I can run my fingers through when I'm kissing him or doing um, something else with him.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:51 PM

260 posts, read 337,027 times
Not only would I date a balding man but I married one. He keeps what hair he has closely cropped - no Bozo look or combover - that I would run from.

I also think it's an age thing - going bald in your 20's is very different than in your 50's. As men get older - most have some sort of hair loss so you expect it. I feel for guys who start losing their hair at a young age.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,264,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Going bald is possibly the worst fate imaginable.
Oh, I can think of much, much worse things. A woman going bald is a helluva lot worse, and I have noticed it in the uprise in the last several years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty