Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:17 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Du Kwan View Post
Inane is putting it mildly. But yeah....You're right. This is about as useless as spraying perfume on a big pile of freshly dropped horse poop!

I quit.
Yes you quit because you know that I am right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Wait, the only people who want to improve their health and physique are insecure? I mean, I guess you could argue that but then just about every person on earth would qualify as insecure. And I wouldn't want to be around the people who qualify for "secure", they'd be very unpleasant.
Improving your health does not equal "pumping iron" 5 hours a day. If you want a "better" physique, then you are already insecure about your current physique that God already gave you. You need to turn off the TV, stop obsessing about your looks, and do something else. If a guy really wants to get laid he can get a prostitute because that is probably all he deserved anyway.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've notice a lot of guys who you would expect to be in good shape due to the physical nature of their jobs, are in fact chubby and out of shape.
When will peopple realize that fat doesn't always automatically mean lazy or out of shape? I guess when hell freezes over..

Lets take furnitutre moving. The "out of shape" guy would not have his job if he wasn't physiccally capable of working, they work for hours on end and lift heavy furniture meaning that their is muscle underneath the chubby.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Improving your health does not equal "pumping iron" 5 hours a day. If you want a "better" physique, then you are already insecure about your current physique that God already gave you. You need to turn off the TV, stop obsessing about your looks, and do something else. If a guy really wants to get laid he can get a prostitute because that is probably all he deserved anyway.
Whoa. I don't think most people are referring to dudes that work out 5 hours a day when they are talking about guys who go to the gym. I was thinking more along the lines of a couple hours, three times a week.

When you were born, you were short and fat and bald. That's the only body that anyone gave you and after that point it was all up to you to decide what you put in it and what you made it do. Every bite and every muscle contraction is changing what you started with, so you can't say that a person who works out is necessarily any more insecure than the next guy.

But what the heck do you mean with the prostitute comment? If a guy works out...he should hire a prostitute instead?

Old 11-23-2011, 07:40 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Compare the two TJ posts above and tell me they were written by the same person.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:46 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Some of you women need to seriously get laid or get out more. Women that are fitness freaks are just that....freaks. In my line of work i see ALL types of women & the avg (normal) looking women are the best. NO ones perfect.
I fantasize more about the moms in the neighborhood or the women at work or my kids' teachers than I do about perfect movie star barbie models.

I'd rather have three 7s than one 10 anyway. Variety is more important than quality.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:53 PM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Some of you folks must really be bored. You put way too much time into responding to TJ's inane posts.
Oh God, I so tried to rep you.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:01 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I fantasize more about the moms in the neighborhood or the women at work or my kids' teachers than I do about perfect movie star barbie models.

I'd rather have three 7s than one 10 anyway. Variety is more important than quality.

I think most women, though they won't admit it, want at least FOUR men:

1. The Bad Boy. The hot guy with the shaggy hair and the tattoos. He rides bike (motorized or not) and is a Musician or an Artist. Usually he works as a bartender.

2. The Stable Nerd. Brings home the bacon. Normal, boring, but pays the mortgage. Hello, Mr. Gates. Cha-ching.

3. The Handyman. While Daddywarbucks and bar-boy are off at the salt-mines someone needs to keep the household ticking. Hello Carter Oosterhouse and Eric Stromer.

4. Finally, we all need the "gay boyfriend". The go-to guy who will let us cry on his shoulder, take us to chick-flicks and help us pick out window coverings.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:02 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,512 times
Fit is okay as long as the guy isn't sculpted. That's just not a look I care for. I prefer the look of a meaty guy, but not grossly obese.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 PM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo Du Kwan View Post
^
LOL.....Alicia Silverstone alert.

You can't "trick" your body.
The muscles respond to resistance training, practically the same way lifting bails of hay, and/or tires do. You ask any doctor if resistance training is good for your body and heart.

Again.....You're SO far off, you have NO hope of finding your way back.

Small member - strike one
Insecure - strike two

Be careful of the next pitch.

ps.
Not everyone lifts weights for the purpose of looking freakish.
I don't do 'roids, because I kinda like living. I'm as natural as belt-level boobage.

Now, I know you can be anything you want to be on the internet, so you'll just have to take my word for it......The compliments I get on my body, from perfect strangers, far and away outweigh any negative comments.

Obviously, aside from not being a total fat-azz, most people who work out (in the gym or elsewhere- (I myself choose elsewhere)) usually do it to relieve stress and remain goal oriented.

Improving your body is not a bad thing. I would not be taking fitness tips or life guidance from someone who admittedly weighs over 250lbs anyway and doesn't even know who Alicia Silverstone is...pshhhh ! As if!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty