Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 04:21 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
LOL That doesn't answer how tall you are, my man.
Some imbeciles think I'm 5 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 07:50 PM

24 posts, read 40,008 times
we need make ourselves very nice no matter waht time . cold winter or hot summer

Old 12-08-2011, 12:20 AM

This is the kind of V-neck that would look best on me, with my chinos, corduroy or khakis and an appropriate topsider or pattern/plaid pair of shoes.

500 is a bit too much and would be a waste of money. This kind of design is hard to get even if one's willing to pay 100 bucks on a V-neck. But this is the weird kind of pattern I generally go after Love them both.

http://barneys.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/image/media/PG_501399706_ZM1.jpg (broken link)
Steven Alan V-Neck Sweater (http://www.barneys.com/V-Neck-Sweater/501399706,default,pd.html?cgid=MSWEATER1 - broken link)

http://barneys.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/image/media/PG_501431713_ZM1.jpg (broken link)
Nigel Cabourn Fair Isle Sweater (http://www.barneys.com/Fair-Isle-Sweater/501431713,default,pd.html?cgid=MSWEATER1 - broken link)

Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Some imbeciles think I'm 5 4

I didn't know how close I actually was! Have you mentioned your height before? I think you must have.

Personally, I dig the plaid topsiders. I have some plaid loafers from Aldo that I enjoy wearing on casual days.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:32 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I took some quick pictures. Not sure what you mean by tan, I guess lighter brown? These are one of the brown shoes I have. I do polish them every day, but they get dusty real quick in the city. No escaping that. There's dirt everywhere.

/ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehappyprince/6467303777/sizes/l/in/photostream/ - broken link)
Dude, the ladies must LOVE you. What are you size 14s or 15s? Those are some big feet Ant.

The look is cool, but me personally, I just cant get into brown shoes. I have only two pairs - one is a pair of hiking boots that are worn ONLY for specific hikes on specific occasions in specific weather conditions and the other pair are a pair that the wife bought me.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Dude, the ladies must LOVE you. What are you size 14s or 15s? Those are some big feet Ant.

The look is cool, but me personally, I just cant get into brown shoes. I have only two pairs - one is a pair of hiking boots that are worn ONLY for specific hikes on specific occasions in specific weather conditions and the other pair are a pair that the wife bought me.
Have no trouble attracting them. Problem is keeping them

12.5D is the size. Sometimes 13, depending on the shoe. I have big feet. Another God given blessing, Indian men have very small feet LMAO

They are dark brown actually. I think the camera flashed and it has made the shoes redder. Get to Dillard's, Laoman, that's where I fish out my shoe deals. Stuff I find for 200 in the outlets, I find them for sale in Macy's and Dillard's for like 89 or 99. Sometime they just want to push their goods away.

I always wore black shoes. Brown shoes are considered cop shoes in my culture and are scorned at. Coz cops always wear them with their khakhi coloured outfit. Got my first brown shoe about couple years ago. Once past the mental block, you will love them.

Consider this... a pink/blossom shirt, or white shirt with very light pink pin stripes, and dark brown pants, as in coffee decoction brown. Dark coffee brown socks, and this combo is greatly consummate with dark brown shoes. You just can't beat this. And I'm sure you have the body and height for it. Especially a fitted shirt. Then get to whole foods, you'll have all the grocerying ladies falling like nine pins LMAO

Old 12-08-2011, 03:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Chamy, I like those sweaters. Any chance you can find old European and Scandanavian sweaters? (That aren't full of moth holes.) My sons have a few that my dad bought in the 50's and 60's. They have the old traditional patterns. (And lots of antlers come to think of it.)

BTW - The shoe color I was trying to think of is camel. Love camel colored shoes.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:56 AM

Something like this, DewDrop?

Salvatore Ferragamo - Fable Leather Wingtip Oxfords - Saks.com

Agreed, with the right suit or pants/shirt combo this can be a great color shoe.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Something like this, DewDrop?

Salvatore Ferragamo - Fable Leather Wingtip Oxfords - Saks.com

Agreed, with the right suit or pants/shirt combo this can be a great color shoe.
That's a great pair of shoes

But unfortunately, though I can afford it, the max I am willing to spend on a pair of shoes is 200

I always go by this logic - if I can double the cost of a personal item and it's almost as much as my month's rent, I decide against it. Perhaps reserved for my future fat cat days. Dillards & Macy's are calling, great shoes at 100 to 120 bucks. My upper bar is 200 bucks - from shirts to pants to shoes.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:03 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't spend $600 on those Ferragamos, either, Antlers. I'm sure you could find something with a similar style, and still at acceptable quality, for much less. You're definitely paying a brand premium on SF shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty