Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 01:57 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times

Advertisements

I am getting a new wedding ring for our anniversary. Its very beautiful and definitely a dream ring!

I would like to switch my old one over to my right hand, maybe turn it into a band, and the setting is very beautiful as well, however it wont look right on the right hand, it will have to be changed. I could also possibly do a pendant, but I would love to hear ideas of what to do with the diamond and or ring.

Here is a link to my old ring:
TACORI - Designer Engagement Rings, Diamond Engagement Rings

Thanks for any ideas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 02:43 PM

809 posts, read 3,568,565 times
It's a lovely ring. I think it would be nice on your right hand. It probably just looks really funny to use because you are so used to seeing it on your left ring finger.

Mabye try it on an index finder. You could also resize it and wear it as a pinky ring.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:58 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,359 times
Wow, that's a beautiful ring. But I'm more of a yellow-gold type person.

I would definitely keep it and maybe add on a band (or a 3rd band to it), make it like a 3 piece type set. Those are hot! And everyone will definitley know that you are taken, for sure!

Old 08-05-2009, 03:17 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Wow, that's a beautiful ring. But I'm more of a yellow-gold type person.

I would definitely keep it and maybe add on a band (or a 3rd band to it), make it like a 3 piece type set. Those are hot! And everyone will definitley know that you are taken, for sure!
I guess I should have added that I wear it with a band currently.
The reason I can not see it on my right hand is because the diamond sits up from the band. Thats fine on my left, but I'm just not used to it on my right.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:23 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
I love diamonds and have to tell you that is beautiful! I would wear it on the right hand maybe a diff. setting OR do a pendant style necklace....I have the platinum type of band too! Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
I am getting a new wedding ring for our anniversary. Its very beautiful and definitely a dream ring!

I would like to switch my old one over to my right hand, maybe turn it into a band, and the setting is very beautiful as well, however it wont look right on the right hand, it will have to be changed. I could also possibly do a pendant, but I would love to hear ideas of what to do with the diamond and or ring.

Thanks for any ideas!!

Old 04-13-2012, 01:26 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post

Thanks for any ideas!!

Do you have children-you might hang on to your ring for your daughter to wear or you son to give to a future bride to be.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:33 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Take it to a jewelry designer, and have them cut to top off the ring (including the sides where the stones are) and have them twist the sides of the ring up and use it as a pendent.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
You can always trade the diamond as partial payment on the next, if you want...and the setting, too!

I gave my 2nd diamond ring (the 1st was small, but pretty, then we upgraded to a larger stone, and now, we've "upgraded" again!!! ((Same husband!!!))) to my son, so he could trade it for a larger stone than he could afford for his "intended"....
Or, save it for a favored relative...it can be reset so it doesn't look like an "engagement" ring....my mother did that with HER diamond...we had it reset into an "antique" setting for everydaywear, for me!

Old 04-14-2012, 10:03 AM

4,885 posts, read 7,284,305 times
I saved my original diamond engagement and it now sits on the finger of my first daughter-in-law. I took my original wedding band to my jewler who cut it in half and made me a pair of earrings.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:54 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
You folks are talking about a 2 yr. old thread - they presumably decided long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty