Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 11:33 PM

69 posts, read 174,224 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine was asking me if it was true that using vaseline on the eyebrows that has been plucked for 20 years would help them to grow back (since thicker eye brows are the look now). I told her that I read that vaseline helps the eyebrows grow back but I was not sure if they would grow back after 20 years of plucking. She called a few hair stylist and got a mix of answers so I was wondering what your answer is to this question, she didn't get much luck finding this answer on the net.
Serious and kind replies please.
Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 AM

184 posts, read 702,779 times
how would petroleum jelly aid in hair growth?

Old 11-29-2011, 01:19 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,214,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
how would petroleum jelly aid in hair growth?

That would be my question as well. Vaseline does not contain any nutrients to stimulate hair growth.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 AM

69 posts, read 174,224 times
Quote:
Beautiful eyebrows is an extremely important part of your image.A woman's brow is supposed to FRAME the face and be the widest part of her face. It's supposed to form a "V," the brow being wide, then going down to the nose, then the lip being the bottom point of the "V."
If you have inherited sparse eyebrows or your beautician have overplucked the brows,here are ways to thicken your brows and lashes.
home remedies:
1)Use vaseline every night.It sounds silly,but it is true that vaseline applied to your brow area at night can help brows to regrow.After cleansing your face at night,lightly dab vaseline on your thin eyebrows to stimulate hair growth.
BeautyDhaba: Grow And Thicken Your Lashes And Brows

Old 11-29-2011, 07:39 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
I have been vaselining my brows for about a decade now (they were dry and flaking).

While I no longer have flakes, the brows are NOT thicker than before.
I should have the thickest brows on the planet if that were true....

Old 11-29-2011, 07:49 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,599,205 times
Nope, won't help. Bitmaprost (generic name for Latisse) and Rogaine-type products may help (give it 6-8 weeks to see if it works), but in some cases the hair follicle is scarred over and won't grow hair again no matter what product is used.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:13 PM

89 posts, read 230,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
A friend of mine was asking me if it was true that using vaseline on the eyebrows that has been plucked for 20 years would help them to grow back (since thicker eye brows are the look now). I told her that I read that vaseline helps the eyebrows grow back but I was not sure if they would grow back after 20 years of plucking. She called a few hair stylist and got a mix of answers so I was wondering what your answer is to this question, she didn't get much luck finding this answer on the net.
Thanks everyone.
Vaseline does not help at all, if your friend wants a natural method, tell her to try castor oil on her eyebrows every night before going to bed.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:18 PM

745 posts, read 1,648,204 times
Doo Gro - Help for Hair That Won't Grow!

Old 11-30-2011, 09:45 AM

615 posts, read 1,675,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
Thanks everyone.

I've never heard of this and I highly doubt it. Try it! What's the worse case scenario?

Old 11-30-2011, 01:16 PM

699 posts, read 2,218,582 times
absolute hogwash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty