Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:24 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy45 View Post
Sounds like you are in excellent shape, ColdCanadian. The 17" neck is incredible, even if you're not crazy about it. The thick male neck exudes a look of power, no question, whether a person wants it to or not, especially in clothing. The neck is all you see when fully clothed, and I bet you look stronger than heck.

I had always thought that women in general looked for strength in a man, a feeling of security, protection, but am not so sure anymore. They appear to like the emaciated look, the guy who would get folded like a table if it ever came down to it. I am a strange combo because I have a somewhat thin, sculpted face, and a thick upper body, but with a very small waist, and a small bone structure. Look like 2 different poeple added together.

The pencil neck look is just a longish skinny neck, and, strictly speaking of looks, appears wimpish. The female upper body should never appear to more developed than the male's. A pencil neck can give this appearance, as it's usually accompanied with a very unmasculine upper body. yeah, I guess I'm hing up on looking like a guy.

Women in general do not go for the bodybuilder look because there is an automatic assumption that the guy is hung up on himself, or is terribly insecure, and in many cases, they are correct. But, I ain't gonna stop lifting because of that. truthfully, I think they may be a bit insecure with their guy looking like that. Merry Christmas CC!
Actually I think my neck looks nice.

My face is similar to slightly fuller and/or slightly rounder Elijah Wood ("Frodo") and when viewed from the front, my neck is as wide as my lower jaw, around my jaw area, vaugely narrower by my ears and down by my trapezius and collar bone, it is still as wide as my jaw line. Basically, it does not taper, except slightly near my ears and base of my skull.

My neck, so I've been told is also longish, so combined with it's natural thickness it looks like a normal healthy neck, except maybe a little "Super Sized." But my neck is NOT like an NFL linebacker; triangular shaped, like an inch or two wider than the jaw, (no neck?) consequently making their head looking shrunken by voodoo.

I think many people have features looking like from two different persons.
At least I'm one of them.

My neck looks good, but bone structure-wise my torso is slightly small. A little bit ecto-morph looking and my neck looks like it would suit a mesomorph like Jean Claude Van Dame, Arnold. or Stallone.

You are right though, I appear quite strong, and I am, though I might not be as strong as I look. So I have large-ish slab-shaped muscles (since I deliberately train all muscle groups at multiple angles) and I have enough bodyfat to have soft or rounded muscle definition, though I'm definitely not as heavy as I look.

Who has a pencil neck? Leonardo DiCaprio might have a slight pencil neck, but other guys women drool over like Brad Pitt don't... Or at least I haven't paid enough attention.

The main reasons I lift weights are that it helps me be warm, I sometimes need muscles for work and muscle mass increases the amount of food I can eat without getting fat... But since I'm training for that anyways I'm also going for appearance improvements. (might as well )

Insecurity? Well maybe, as I was a lot more popular with the girls as a young boy myself. I know some women don't like men noticeably more fit than them either. But I do know some women do like men with lots of strength. I myself grew up idealizing He-Man, Superman and Batman. Just like the other poster said, "pro-boxers" have a nice, balanced looking physique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2007, 05:29 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
ALL men are disgusting!!! But that's probably because I'm a guy and think women are "the bomb."

Old 12-25-2007, 05:32 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
I am 5'6 3/4 (yes that 3/4 of an inch is VERY important to me) and I have never been attracted to small men. I prefer tall men.

I did grow up in a family of large men however, maybe thats been a subliminal message to me.

I don't want to feel like I am going to accidently roll over and crush someone in my sleep. If I were to faint (I never have but you never know), I want to know he can catch me.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:15 PM

22 posts, read 111,951 times
Well they may be attractive for other women but not for me, I'm 5'9 or something around there(I'm 1,76) so...

Old 12-26-2007, 01:03 AM

5 posts, read 24,823 times
Default Can't help the height

I leave people to think what they wan't about a short man (or smaller man) because you cannot control other peoples feelings. I always hear people talk about short man complex, and I quess in a way this is true. I always grew up (I am 5'7") knowing that when it came to getting forward in dating, work, socially, etc. I started with two strikes agianst me!

I never took it in a bitter way, it only made me strive harder, while I cannot change my height, I have two great boys, a successfull business, and have always been very good at athletics. I think if I was taller, and things came easier to me in work, I would never have gone out into the business world on my own and would still be working for other people instead of for myself.

Of course, I would love to meet the right woman. But undestand that like in everything else it just takes work to find someone that is attracted to you for things other than size and height.

Lucky in Las Vegas

Old 12-26-2007, 01:13 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
You know what they say about short, rich men?

He's alot taller when he stands on his money.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:57 AM

240 posts, read 470,907 times
I gotta say that I find all men charming. The whole male man world is the best. Height and weight mean nothing to me. I love men, they are so easy going and uncomplicated. Conversation with them is so entertaining, I laugh all the time with their funny views of life. Love their sense of humors. And I find them to be honest, no games at guessing did I say the wrong thing and are they now upset with me.

Men are definitely underated , they are your friend for life and very forgiving and never hold a grudge. What more could you ask for, they just so darn cute and loveable.
Cute is a good thing, when we describe you as cute, it means the whole package is perfect.

Yup, I love men, ht and wt is not what sparks the interest, it's the charm of the man, it's called sex appeal. Confidence is the magnet. I love a man with confidence.

Yup I love em all.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:48 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,806,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo08 View Post
I love men, they are so easy going and uncomplicated. And I find them to be honest, no games at guessing did I say the wrong thing and are they now upset with me.
I thought women had some kind of special knowledge of body language or other forms of unspoken communication. I never knew that a lot of their communication styles were actually a mystery to most people.

It almost sounds like there's more about other women that women don't know, than they do know, though they often pretend like they do.
(did that make sense)

Yes guys typically don't pretend very hard to like someone.

However sometimes there are quiet guys and I often have a hard time telling if I'm either entertaining, boring or annoying to them. But I can always tell when someone doesn't mind me being around.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:46 PM

13 posts, read 19,253 times
It would not bother me.

Last edited by lilsheba; 12-27-2007 at 10:16 PM..

Old 12-28-2007, 06:28 AM

388 posts, read 328,540 times
As if finding the right partner wasn't hard enough, you'd eliminate someone because of their torso size? lol! This is absolutely ridiculous. The same goes for height. If I found an awesome mate, I wouldn't consider not dating her because she was a a few inches shorter or taller than me.

lol @ some of the people thinking they're are all that to begin with, and multiple "good" men were falling in your lap for you to choose from. "Eenie, meenie, minie, mo....."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty