Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 05:05 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times

Advertisements

Some of the comments on here are crazy. I wear shorts all the time, and so do most people I know, when the weather is warm. I really don't understand the thinking that nobody should ever see a man's legs. It seems nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 AM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Some of the comments on here are crazy. I wear shorts all the time, and so do most people I know, when the weather is warm. I really don't understand the thinking that nobody should ever see a man's legs. It seems nuts.

seriously man, me too. Once I get home from work, pants off, shorts on.....really, it is freaking madd ass hot here in Brooklyn.

and dont tell anyone, bu I have hairy legs also.............

yo dazz, I know you get me

Old 06-27-2012, 09:16 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Since about the 1920s, women's hemlines have been rising, yet trousers have always been the most formal acceptable attire for men for the past few centuries...is it just seen as ungentlemanly, hairier legs don't look as sightly? Is it because they are not viewed as sex objects? It's more the disparity which seems interesting. In Rome it seemed the opposite. Men wore shorter 'skirts', while women seemed to wear maxi-dresses lol.

Wearing short shorts is considered gay now haha.

Is it because women don't care about legs, as I alluded to in a previous thread? I also mentioned how a sexy shot of a male often was of him shirtless, whereas a woman was often in a bikini etc.

I guess if men do start bearing their legs a bit more maybe they'll start shaving to, which kinda led to shorter skirts for women.
Broken glass, jagged concrete/rocks, nails, screws and rusty wire. Forget about creepy crawly things that go bump in the dark. IE spiders, snakes, rats, mice, coons etc..etc.. Besides, shorts aren't that much cooler than some ripped jeans with holes in them and in the knees. Very hairy legs that many metro women think should be shaven as well. NO!!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:02 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
nice legs in a kilt is fine, but in general mens legs arent all that great..

Old 07-01-2012, 08:11 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
nice legs in a kilt is fine, but in general mens legs arent all that great..
Try telling a Scotsman in a kilt that he's "unmanly". The outcome wouldn't be good!

Old 07-01-2012, 08:36 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
i love hairy legs on men. very hot. i turns me on to see it on their arms too

Old 07-01-2012, 02:02 PM

784 posts, read 1,982,099 times
I wonder if the trend is about to change because it seems like in pop culture, where almost all trends are started, men are starting to show their bodies more. Last year, the group LMFAO did well with the "Sexy and I Know It" song and now, "Magic Mike," a movie about male strippers, is already very popular among females. You wouldn't have even seen either one of those between the early '90s and now. For a couple of years, the long and baggy look of male fashion has been getting less and less prevalent with the exception of shorts. Maybe in a year or two, they will get shorter and less baggier too. I don't; however, see a return to 1970s short shorts.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:34 PM

114 posts, read 214,391 times
I love wearing shorts.

and not those baggy crazy clown shorts

nah... I wear ACTION shorts!!!

But seriously I like a nice fitting pair of shorts.

I think guys seem fine about wearing shorts. But I guess over all men just tend not to reveal as much skin as women.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:44 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,310 times
I love legs on a man. Give me muscular legs any day of the week. I hated going to the gym and seeing guys all built on top but with chicken legs! It just looks goofy.

Give me some nice athletic legs in a pair of shorts and I am a happy woman. Although naked is always better.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:05 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
I love legs on a man. Give me muscular legs any day of the week. I hated going to the gym and seeing guys all built on top but with chicken legs! It just looks goofy.

Give me some nice athletic legs in a pair of shorts and I am a happy woman. Although naked is always better.

What if they are smooth like no hair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty