Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 05:22 AM

219 posts, read 527,548 times

Advertisements

I love shorter shorts. I'm only 5'5" or so and the typical baggy/longers mens shorts look terrible on me. My shorts come down to mid thigh level and I do shave my legs every now and then. I love showing my smooth tan legs off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
What about hairy thighs?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 PM

456 posts, read 1,170,397 times
Lol the only thing I thought of when reading the title of this thread was a corpulent Homer Simpson dressed in Marge's outfit and heels, checking out his hairy legs and rotund buttocks with surprised pleasure.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:30 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Why don't men show off their legs? In the PNW men wear shorts all winter long. Not young men, you understand, but men old enough to know better. I wish I could tell you how good they look, but really they don't.

At any rate, it seems to me that a lot of men do wear shorts, some of them earlier in the season than others do. Young men wear shorts all spring, summer and fall. I remember a young man who was wearing shorts as he went through customs in London in September.

Plenty of female posters have spoken. Men's legs are not attractive to women the way women's legs are to men. I admit though, that I like to see shorts on some guys.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 PM

456 posts, read 1,170,397 times
When I see short shorts on a man, I tend to stare, but in a bad way. It's like looking at something disgusting and not being able to turn away.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:54 AM

784 posts, read 1,982,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
When I see short shorts on a man, I tend to stare, but in a bad way. It's like looking at something disgusting and not being able to turn away.
The funny thing is that women have only been grossed out by men's legs since pop culture, Hip Hop, and anti-gay reactions told them and others that guys legs are gross. Before the early 1990s, women generally found guys' legs attractive. Also, since men started wearing longer shorts, womens' shorts got even shorter. So, women have thus made shorter shorts their own and for men, shorter shorts have almost no chance of making a comeback. There are the mid-thigh lenght Chubbie shorts, but those are online order only and don't seem to be taken to except for on college campuses. Remember, it all started with a highly influential pop cultural icon in the late 1980s who wanted to wear longer shorts while he played basketball so that he could wear his "lucky" college basketball shorts underneath.

Also, wearing shorts was once something both sexes did in the warm weather to keep cool, but since women have taken over short shorts, it has also become associated with objectifying and hyper-sexualization of the female body. So these days, a guy wearing short shorts would be seem not as wanting to stay cool in hot weather, but trying to attract attention to his legs.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemba View Post
The funny thing is that women have only been grossed out by men's legs since pop culture, Hip Hop, and anti-gay reactions told them and others that guys legs are gross. Before the early 1990s, women generally found guys' legs attractive. Also, since men started wearing longer shorts, womens' shorts got even shorter. So, women have thus made shorter shorts their own and for men, shorter shorts have almost no chance of making a comeback. There are the mid-thigh lenght Chubbie shorts, but those are online order only and don't seem to be taken to except for on college campuses. Remember, it all started with a highly influential pop cultural icon in the late 1980s who wanted to wear longer shorts while he played basketball so that he could wear his "lucky" college basketball shorts underneath.

Also, wearing shorts was once something both sexes did in the warm weather to keep cool, but since women have taken over short shorts, it has also become associated with objectifying and hyper-sexualization of the female body. So these days, a guy wearing short shorts would be seem not as wanting to stay cool in hot weather, but trying to attract attention to his legs.
Hmmm... let me see...
This guy wearing short shorts - I see nothing offensive here

Moderator cut: image removed

Short shorts are not easy to pull off for men, that's why I think they prefer themselves to wear the longer ones, since it gives them more confidence.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:40 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Hmmm... let me see...

Short shorts are not easy to pull off for men, that's why I think they prefer themselves to wear the longer ones, since it gives them more confidence.
I'm a guy and if I saw that walking around I would be disgusted. The only "junk" I want to see or notice is my own!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Hmmm... let me see...

I've heard this before, but I don't see how they are any more difficult to pull off than boxers. I pull them off each morning before I take a shower, and I've never had any noticeable trouble doing so.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:43 AM

26,788 posts, read 22,556,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
I'm a guy and if I saw that walking around I would be disgusted. The only "junk" I want to see or notice is my own!
Oh just admit you are jealous of his looks and get over it)))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty