Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 02:30 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,258,202 times

Advertisements

I'm a guy. I wear shorts when I want to. When it is 95 out and it feels like 102 I'm wearing shorts. I really don't care what some smug woman or jerk of a guy thinks. Last I checked I can't read minds....so who cares.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 05:11 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,312,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
I'm a guy. I wear shorts when I want to. When it is 95 out and it feels like 102 I'm wearing shorts. I really don't care what some smug woman or jerk of a guy thinks. Last I checked I can't read minds....so who cares.
I also wear shorts when the mood hits me which is when the weather warms up. Since being raised on the ocean shore I've always have worn shorts. Just because I'm now 67 I see no reason to stop. I also have well-muscled legs.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:18 AM

855 posts, read 1,378,678 times
For me it has more to do with being professional correct in the workplace. If shorts can be worn at work with respect to the job situation and what it entails, that's totally fine.

I know some guys who don't show their legs because they have told me they aren't cut or muscled enough. They feel their legs aren't worth showing in public.

If the weather calls for shorts, I wear them when I'm out casually.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:25 AM

725 posts, read 1,888,683 times
I wear shorts when it's warmer than 70 degrees and my shorts are a couple of inches above the knee so I tend to expose more thigh than your average guy. Some gals don't care yet I have received quite a few compliments from ladies so I guess it really all depends on if the woman appreciates that particular part of the body or not.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:44 PM

3 posts, read 4,086 times
Hey, it's a free country, if a man chooses to wear shorter shorts what's to you? whose business is it anyway? stop putting labels on people. Wear what you want and who gives a rip what anybody thinks. I would never wear short shorts though because my legs are too big and I don't like the way I look but that's it...........

Old 10-13-2013, 11:46 PM

7,287 posts, read 6,859,172 times
For a lot of years I have worn long sleeve shirts and levis on most of my jobs ,mostly for safety reasons .
When in the bush it's wiser to wear long pants due to rattlers and brush and so many other things that rip at the flesh.
I think my legs are good looking and muscular, my leg press in school I pushed the limit , 440 lbs.
At age 45 weighing 240 , I carried a 70,lb back pack for search and Rescue often, all nite long 7,000 feet elevation.
No one ever took a second thought about my legs, even when I went swimming and diving recovering equipment.
I confess I look at women's legs , but I am also an artist , so the more muscle tone the more beautiful it is to me.
It represents discipline and hard work I can identify with.
There are men and women with some what naturally shaped legs they were born with, (no discipline invested) these mean little to me.
Bicyclists have the best legs of all even men are impressive .
The Starbucks I frequent ,is close by a gym so those people are going in and out all day long. and there are a lot of cyclists in the area as well .

Old 10-28-2013, 12:56 AM

As a man over 60, you mature guys go for it...... you owe no one an explanation for what you chose to wear.... it's a free country last time I checked.... life is too short to be concerned about what some bozo man or woman thinks... Wear those shorts be they below or at knee cap or above the knee who the hell cares....... knock yourself out guys.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:05 AM

Living in Hawaii with the heat and humidity, men of all ages wears shorts below the knee, at kneecap, or above the knee and none of them ask if it's okay because I sure don't ask nor do I care what anyone thinks. By the way I have been told by many women that I have a great pair of legs and should show them off so I do........... :-))... better not come to Hawaii if you don't like men's legs because just about everyone here wears shorts.........

Old 10-28-2013, 06:53 AM

654 posts, read 1,901,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I'm an 18 year old male and I think that guys who wear shorts above or at the knees look a little non-masculine. I don't even like wearing shorts to begin with. Plus, why would anyone want to see hairy legs? Women's legs are smooth and, well, beautiful.
Men who like other men also find a man's strong, hairy legs beautiful. I certainly do.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,059 times
I have been told by many women that I have the nicest legs.They are tanned and with no hair on them.I love how they look that way.No I am not gay.I just like them nice and smooth.I show them off all summer with short shorts.By the way,I just turned 70.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty