Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:59 PM

24,098 posts, read 32,448,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
In the thread on the attractiveness of Europeans the discussion went off-topic, but since I have never understood why women, especially in the West, keep torturing their feet by wearing high heels, why not open a thread on that topic?

Here was the original thread...
//www.city-data.com/forum/world...l#post22587151

So, no, in my view high heels have nothing to do with being a woman. Most women around the world never wear high heels, for instance my Indian friend, a very feminine, lovely lady
Of course a woman who wears high heals is a woman!

Seems as though you are trying to prove something.

I LOVE high heels! My already great legs look better!
Unless you are abnormally tall - above 5'7" - wear them!

Or don't. I like ballet flats - sometimes. When I want to show off my legs I wear heels!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 07:29 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Of course a woman who wears high heals is a woman!

Seems as though you are trying to prove something.

I LOVE high heels! My already great legs look better!
Unless you are abnormally tall - above 5'7" - wear them!

Or don't. I like ballet flats - sometimes. When I want to show off my legs I wear heels!
Excuse me? Being above 5'7 is not abnormal and should not matter when choosing your footwear. A woman can wear whatever height shoes she wishes whether she is 4'10 or 6'5.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:58 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,767,329 times
I think having a Virginia makes someone a real woman.....

Old 01-17-2012, 08:03 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
As a dude, I'm guessing you haven't spent much time in heels? They aren't necessarily torture. I wouldn't wear them to go hiking, but a day at the office where you spend most of your time sitting down anyway isn't going to cause any damage.

What do heels have to do with being a woman? They arch the back causing you to stick out your bust and butt, accentuating the female form. That's what most beauty trends are about, exaggerating the features that make our genders different.

Women augment their breasts to appear more "feminine". As someone mentioned the tribes that use brass rings to make their necks appear longer (as women have longer necks than men). Corsets exaggerate women's already smaller waists. Red lipstick mimics the genitals, which become swollen and red with arousal. Men who spend hours in the gym, "sculpting" their bodies are considering more masculine because men tend to have more defined muscles than women already.

It's all about exaggeration. Of course these aren't the things that ultimately matter in finding love or friendship or happiness, they're just techniques for attracting a mate.
That's EXACTLY why they bound the feet of young ladies in China. So they would walk in a more 'lady-like' manner.

I think high heels are sort of ridiculous, when you think about it. They're sort of silly. I don't care if my woman wears them or not. If I were a woman I doubt I would.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:05 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
I wear high heels IF they look good with the outfit.
The only reason I ever wear heels - is if they make my outfit look better.
NOT to attract men- hahaha good one.
My reasons for looking sexy are to please myself - not some strange man. I could care less what men think because they know nothing about fashion and nothing about women in general.
Unless they're gay...

the rest of us are ignorant doofuses .

Old 01-17-2012, 08:18 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
What about those of use who don't like wearing ANY shoes! Unless I'm going somewhere my feet are naked. Even around the yard.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:21 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,247,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolpioni View Post
... Maybe she really hates to wear high heels and her husband lets her get away with it, fine.
Lets her get away with it?

I'm glad I'm married to my husband and not to you.

Look -- not all women CAN wear high heels. All sorts of muscular and skeletal issues mean no high heels for a lot of us. I can't wear them. I can't wear any heels at all. Bad knees.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,020,368 times
Yes, I like seeing hhs on women who can really wear them and look good. Of course! I'm just a normal guy. But yeah they look like theycould cause problems for the feet and legs of women. They don't really look comfortable and could be downright dangerous. I guess.

But to graceful, sexy leg looking ladies- bring em' on!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 PM

160 posts, read 335,153 times
I tend to wear heels when going out or working, because I'm only 5' tall. Thats pretty short in todays world and It seems to give me more confidence when I'm more like 5' 4-5".

Then theres my hiking and backpacking time, wow do I feel free when wearing hiking boots or trail shoes,and my hubby finds me especially sexy in cargo pants and hiking boots.

I believe you can be a real women in any attire! Sexy women are sexy with or without clothes or shoes.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:06 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,509 times
I don't wear high heels. I'm already more than tall enough without them and I don't particularly like them on me.

There's plenty of "feminine" footwear out there without a need for heels. I love ballerina flats, for instance. However, a woman is a woman no matter what she's wearing, same as a man is a man. Is a man wearing high heels a woman? Is a woman wearing a tuxedo a man? It's so ridiculous... "Man" and "woman" are very simple and straightforward notions that some people are getting unnecessarily (and unnaturally) obsessed about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty