Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 10:29 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Sounds like high snobiety
No, I think they were just trying to be ski fashionable with their high-heeled fur boots. But it looked dangerous on an icy 20,000+ foot mountain cliff. I draw the line at wearing high heel boots on mountain tops. I do have some great fur boots (have a nice pair by Oscar), but none of them are high-heeled!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 07:01 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I thought her head looked like a pancake in that movie.
Haha, a pancake, . I'll have to re-watch.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
No, I think they were just trying to be ski fashionable with their high-heeled fur boots. But it looked dangerous on an icy 20,000+ foot mountain cliff. I draw the line at wearing high heel boots on mountain tops. I do have some great fur boots (have a nice pair by Oscar), but none of them are high-heeled!
I guess they didn't feel high enough?

Honestly, was there no footwear policy? Some people, totally clueless...

Old 02-01-2012, 04:18 AM

6 posts, read 6,400 times
heels have nothing to do with determining sex, whether they use it or not.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:21 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
I'll take a no-heels-woman before an all-make-up-woman any day of the week.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:32 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Is a woman who never wears high heels a real woman?
Absolutely.

A woman can never be a real woman if she is kissing the ass of a Madison Avenue Silk Suit Exec and doing whatever the idiots in Cosmo or Vogue tell her to do.

Opining...

Mircea

Old 02-04-2012, 06:49 AM

5 posts, read 4,774 times
Stolpioni your are extremely right.lol it seems you really know about women very smart, you really know about us.. it is really nice to read your opinion GREAT

Old 02-04-2012, 07:13 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Absolutely.

A woman can never be a real woman if she is kissing the ass of a Madison Avenue Silk Suit Exec and doing whatever the idiots in Cosmo or Vogue tell her to do.

Opining...

Mircea
Well, that's a silly statement. The kind of woman you describe is rare and has nothing to do with whether she wears heels, which is what a lot of women occasionally do.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:00 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Well, that's a silly statement. The kind of woman you describe is rare and has nothing to do with whether she wears heels, which is what a lot of women occasionally do.
Agree... Isn't it interesting how many of the male posters seem to think women are somewhat one-dimensional (either always wear heels/makeup or never do) and so easily influenced by outside male and media forces. I'm beginning to think they just don't get us....

Me = sometimes wear heels, sometimes wear flats, sometimes wear boots, sometimes wear sneakers, sometimes wear flip-flops, sometimes go barefoot, sometimes wear hats, sometimes wear makeup, sometimes wear no makeup

Me = sometimes walk around my house alone wearing my pretty heels because they are a well-made work of art and I like looking at them on my feet. I could care less what others think. It's all about me, baby! Maybe that sort of female freedom of expression is really what bothers some men? So glad I am in the U.S. wearing heels out loud instead of having to hide them under some Burqa in the middle east.

p.s. Love all the male posters who see high heels as the fashionable footwear freedom of expression that they are! You know who you are! Buy your ladies nice heels as gifts (love when men do that)! Long live the high heel!

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 02-04-2012 at 09:10 AM..

Old 02-05-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Agree... Isn't it interesting how many of the male posters seem to think women are somewhat one-dimensional (either always wear heels/makeup or never do) and so easily influenced by outside male and media forces. I'm beginning to think they just don't get us....

Me = sometimes wear heels, sometimes wear flats, sometimes wear boots, sometimes wear sneakers, sometimes wear flip-flops, sometimes go barefoot, sometimes wear hats, sometimes wear makeup, sometimes wear no makeup

Me = sometimes walk around my house alone wearing my pretty heels because they are a well-made work of art and I like looking at them on my feet. I could care less what others think. It's all about me, baby! Maybe that sort of female freedom of expression is really what bothers some men? So glad I am in the U.S. wearing heels out loud instead of having to hide them under some Burqa in the middle east.

p.s. Love all the male posters who see high heels as the fashionable footwear freedom of expression that they are! You know who you are! Buy your ladies nice heels as gifts (love when men do that)! Long live the high heel!
I'm beginning to think if you ladies don't get yourselves...

YOU may be the exception, but you don't represent most women or most people which are sheep who follow peer pressure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty