Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 05:27 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times

Advertisements

Yeah, man, graphic Tees are not my thing. And I actually tend to dress boyish with shorts and such. People still can't believe I am going to turn 32, coz of my appearance. So I pull off the boy look quite easily.

But even I avoid graphic tees, coz they tend to be a little douche

But I picked up this one. Pretty decent and is a good design. I love fossil.

FOSSIL® Clothing Knits & Tees: Uni-cycle Tee MC8438
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 05:34 PM

511 posts, read 491,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Yeah, man, graphic Tees are not my thing. And I actually tend to dress boyish with shorts and such. People still can't believe I am going to turn 32, coz of my appearance. So I pull off the boy look quite easily.

But even I avoid graphic tees, coz they tend to be a little douche

But I picked up this one. Pretty decent and is a good design. I love fossil.

FOSSIL® Clothing Knits & Tees: Uni-cycle Tee MC8438
Nah cuz...yew shunt wear dat coz it's pretty douche too!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
They look good in jeans, a nice fitted plain white t-shirt and loafers.
Basically how boys dressed in the 50s. Perhaps what you're observing is a generational thing where men prefer to dress as they did when younger. I have noticed that younger people now tend to dress better than boomers and gen-xers did at their age. Perhaps they'll maintain that when older.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post
Nah cuz...yew shunt wear dat coz it's pretty douche too!!!

Thanks, man. You just ruined a good Tee for me

Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
I think fashion world should take step back and bring back the clothes from 1997-2002. Those years were the best because they were normal and traditional clothing for both genders. Nothing wild and crazy or gender bending. Everybody had clothes that were fit for their gender and were comfortable and affordable. No one except for celebrities cared to make a fashion statement. It was all Boy Meets World-ish and it was just fine.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:52 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Default See this a lot.

Men should dress more age appropriate. An affliction t-shirt and backwards cap just looks silly at 40 years old. Also older guys wearing the jeans that taper real tight below the knee, While they are a bit big on top. Nothing wrong with a nice pair of jeans, Button down and maybe a sport jacket that says you are going out, But are still casual and not pretentious.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:52 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Ill probably be wearing the same type clothes in my 70s. Perhaps if I were in some leadership role I would wear something diff but to just go to work in the factory, go home, and nowhere else I can't see the point in trying to look more classy. Besides, nice clothes just get dirty and ripped up on the job.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
I think it depends on the job, really. My hubby makes 6 figures, but he wears old worn-out jeans, t-shirts, hoodie sweaters, and sometimes even flip flops to work. But he doesn't deal with the public, he's not customer-facing. He works on machines and networks and routers and stuff.... when he goes to meetings he tucks in a collared shirt (he keeps it in his car) and sometimes even wears nice pants or his nicer jeans... but he doesn't feel like he needs to dress nice for the kind of job he does, and for the ten plus years he's worked for the company no one has ever said anything about it.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:10 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,684,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I think it depends on the job, really. My hubby makes 6 figures, but he wears old worn-out jeans, t-shirts, hoodie sweaters, and sometimes even flip flops to work. But he doesn't deal with the public, he's not customer-facing. He works on machines and networks and routers and stuff.... when he goes to meetings he tucks in a collared shirt (he keeps it in his car) and sometimes even wears nice pants or his nicer jeans... but he doesn't feel like he needs to dress nice for the kind of job he does, and for the ten plus years he's worked for the company no one has ever said anything about it.
sounds exactly like me. Well everything except the six figure salary.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:11 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I think fashion world should take step back and bring back the clothes from 1997-2002. Those years were the best because they were normal and traditional clothing for both genders. Nothing wild and crazy or gender bending. Everybody had clothes that were fit for their gender and were comfortable and affordable. No one except for celebrities cared to make a fashion statement. It was all Boy Meets World-ish and it was just fine.

No thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty