Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What body types look more attractive for both genders/more reasonable?
The painting 28 77.78%
What is idealized today 8 22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Oh now...I just don't see the point of wasting food. When you overeat to the point of health problems...that is a waste of food and your life.

Not to mention the planets natural resources...another thread...another time.

Honestly I think we just SEE fat that is there because we are not that heavy. I am assuming from the other posters history that she is not.
I will never advocate unhealthy weights on either side of the spectrum. If a woman truly loves her body she does not treat it like a dumpster. I just really hate the "unhealthy fat embrace" movement that is ever so popular these days.

Its selling people a lie and also slamming those who are the "ideal".
Its not a movement of love or education. Its just a big pile of PC BS.
You're presuming that somebody overeats and plans the process of getting overweight and fat.

I walked by Crumbs two days ago and was like what the eff, entered and got me a cupcake. It was 600 calories. There were a lot of girls inside, I don't know what women's obsession is with cupcakes and cookies. None of them were too heavy. They were all normal sized, but I assume you would definitely consider them fat/unhealthy. Hey, I bash fatties too, when the antagonist in me rises up. But let's just say for argument sake that being overweight is natural.

To get in shape, it's hard work, time and dedication and not everyone has the mental capacity and focus to make it a priority. I assume these women work long hours and simply stop by the cupcake place on the way home. I go to KFC once in a while too. But I make up becoz I can and I want to. It's a personal preference.

So it's not like body is getting treated like a dumpster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Hey, at least they're recycling, right?

P.S. I'm a real woman. I'm also 6'0, 33-23-34.5 but I'm real.
Of course, you are real. But try becoming a model for VS for example. Take $hit and whippings from producers, gay fashion experts, photographers and etc., that's a job nobody will sign up for..... they do for the money, but when they are alone in their model flat, they will be found crying, drugging and talking to a shrink becoz their job is to look good for others, their diet is determined by others and lot of other surgical enhancements dictated by the system that mass produces them. Those smiling faces on the magazines are FAKE. It's like a clown. Laughing outside and crying inside.

You're talking about women who look good becoz it's their JOB. They are not doing it for free. However, girls on the road have other jobs. They don't get paid to look good. That's why it's so hard to stay in shape. And that's what I meant by time and dedication.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:10 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
You're presuming that somebody overeats and plans the process of getting overweight and fat.

I walked by Crumbs two days ago and was like what the eff, entered and got me a cupcake. It was 600 calories. There were a lot of girls inside, I don't know what women's obsession is with cupcakes and cookies. None of them were too heavy. They were all normal sized, but I assume you would definitely consider them fat/unhealthy. Hey, I bash fatties too, when the antagonist in me rises up. But let's just say for argument sake that being overweight is natural.

To get in shape, it's hard work, time and dedication and not everyone has the mental capacity and focus to make it a priority. I assume these women work long hours and simply stop by the cupcake place on the way home. I go to KFC once in a while too. But I make up becoz I can and I want to. It's a personal preference.

So it's not like body is getting treated like a dumpster.
Well I know why you go to KFC...for the taste of real boob.

But anyway...

And I am not a fatty basher. I am a fatty helper.
The first step is breaking the denial process....
and then one can proceed from there.

I agree to get in good shape it can take time.
But I eat cupcakes and all that. Just not everyday to where it makes me gain. And I don't really kill myself with exercise. I wish I could get away with eating whatever I wanted but that is not happening in this life. LOL
But the minimal amount of fitness required just to be healthy is so easy.
Also want to blow through that myth that you have to act like a crazy gym nut to be healthy. That is also BS. Maybe for vanity purposes. But health purpose...no. And healthy always looks beautiful. Part of being healthy is finding work/life balance. So if your job is killing you...work on finding one that doesn't. But eating empty sugary cupcakes is not exactly doing much for anyone's health or real energy levels.

Why is it such a big deal for people to be mindful of their health? I think I see a lot of heavier people who may have BDD like others with eating disorders. But binge eating is a disorder....so....one people fail to admit is so commonly.
Not such a surprise they could be paired together.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:19 PM

I'm hanging out with a teacher. She is overweight, just the way I like it. She works 10 hours a day, then comes home and prepares material for teaching. So make it 12. How is she going to hit the gym? I can however marry her, make her a home momma, buy her a gym membership, and sign her up for real housewives of westchester county. She'll have washboard abs and an a$$ like Kim K.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:31 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Of course, you are real. But try becoming a model for VS for example. Take $hit and whippings from producers, gay fashion experts, photographers and etc., that's a job nobody will sign up for..... they do for the money, but when they are alone in their model flat, they will be found crying, drugging and talking to a shrink becoz their job is to look good for others, their diet is determined by others and lot of other surgical enhancements dictated by the system that mass produces them. Those smiling faces on the magazines are FAKE. It's like a clown. Laughing outside and crying inside.

You're talking about women who look good becoz it's their JOB. They are not doing it for free. However, girls on the road have other jobs. They don't get paid to look good. That's why it's so hard to stay in shape. And that's what I meant by time and dedication.
Not in my experience, but I only know a few young ladies making their living in the fashion industry. It definitely takes emotional strength and self confidence, but so do a lot of jobs. And most women who model aren't trying to make a lifelong career out of it. Most are well aware that you make good use of your genetic gifts while you have them and then move on to something else. I don't understand why people like to turn the fashion industry and hollywood in general into psychological horror movies. Some people crash and burn. Some live happy, normal lives. Same as anyone else.

But why are we talking about models? Back to the painting.

I think the woman in the painting looks similar to the 5'4 160 average gal I posted earlier, though probably a bit slimmer. That average gal is overweight and just 15 lbs shy of obese (by BMI, which of course has limitations). It doesn't much matter if a woman with that body is attractive or not, she's at risk for a laundry list of health problems strictly because of her weight. And the growing obesity trend shows us that these aren't just women who happen to built a little bigger, they are on a slippery slope of out of control weight gain.

I think Ops has a point in trying to fight the view that this size and the behaviors that lead to it are acceptable for such a large portion of the population. Just 40 years ago, less than half the population of America was overweight. Today it's over 60%. People worked fulltime back then, had families and homes to care for, had stresses and long commutes to work and temptations. None of that has changed and yet the country's waistline has and pretending that's okay isn't helping anyone get to a healthier weight.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 PM

19,715 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Did someone say cupcakes

Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,154 times
Seriously, you spell out every word except because. You and Antler guy do that same thing.. I'm convinced you're him.

Ah, never mind. You are him. Ha.

Last edited by td333; 02-16-2012 at 08:58 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Did someone say cupcakes
Cupcake ops. Tie up Opsimathia and UnexpectedError and forcefeed them with cupcakes.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_k_AjdS6bNE...600/crumbs.png

Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Curvy girls. Killer assets. High sex drive. It's a crocodile park.
Hey I'm curvy & I can vouch for this theory

Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Hey I'm curvy & I can vouch for this theory
Yes. But you also work out and do yoga. It's a different kind of curvy. Not babyfat curvy. I don't know how to explain. Curvy is a broad term. It's often abused by the really un-curvy women.

You get my favourite carrot cupcake. 600 cals. Then you can hit the gym.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/...b9fc15e76f.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty