Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do tatts make women look butch?
Yes 56 49.56%
No 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:05 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
All this back and forth is silly. If you like tattoos, get one. If you don't, don't get one. Seems pretty simple.

Exactly. These threads are getting retarded, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 08:10 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
In this thread, who isn't ?!
Not I, said the fly

Quote:
All this back and forth is silly. If you like tattoos, get one. If you don't, don't get one. Seems pretty simple.
I do agree with that. Pass no judgement on a person simply because they have a tattoo, or because they don't. Their reasons, however, are totally judgeable

Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 AM

990 posts, read 1,726,014 times
tattoos are just stupid in general unless it's like your name and address

Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,491,332 times
Did anyone see NCIS LA last night? I loved the tats on the woman's leg when she went to the club, but when she took her shrug off absolutely hated the ones on her back and arms. Thought they were incredibly icky looking for some reason.

BTW, I've been wondering how much they cost. I've been thinking about a 2-color (black and yellow if that makes a difference), 1/2 inch tat on my palm. Someone would have to do the artwork based on an object I have. Any idea how much that would cost in SW Idaho?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:16 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,401 times
from my experience and observation, the more tattoos a person has the crazier & weirder they are? they usually have some type of behavior problem

neck tattoos & face tattoos are an indication of stupidity / risky behavior or ex convict, gang affilliation, etc

anybody with common sense can tell a heavily tattooed person is a indication they have something wrong with them

ever notice most tattooed people you see are in a certain age group? they are the type of people that cant resist a fad, a sign of weakness

Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Do tattoos on women look butch in your opinion?
No. The woman herself has to be butch in order for it to appear butch. Tattoos may make a woman appear trashy (depending on the type of tattoo she has), but never butch.

Here's a gal I know with tats and she looks AWESOME. This kind of woman can pull off looking absolutely fantastic with tats. Artsy and relates to her being, soul and how she lives her life.

Rachel Brice paris performance 2005 - YouTube

Exhibit B - http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=796

Exhibit C - Most Recent Tattoo: February 2012

Old 02-15-2012, 10:01 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
from my experience and observation, the more tattoos a person has the crazier & weirder they are? they usually have some type of behavior problem

neck tattoos & face tattoos are an indication of stupidity / risky behavior or ex convict, gang affilliation, etc

anybody with common sense can tell a heavily tattooed person is a indication they have something wrong with them

ever notice most tattooed people you see are in a certain age group? they are the type of people that cant resist a fad, a sign of weakness
The reason you think that is because that type of person (heavily tattooed, weird, mentally unstable etc) is always drawing attention to themselves. Same with the big muscle guy with a barbed wire tattoo who ALWAYS has to wear shirts without sleeves to show it off.

I know plenty of completely stable people who are heavily tattooed and they are just normal people, doing normal things and not drawing attention to themselves, so people like you take no notice.

I'm a little weird perhaps, but I like being weird. I like being a tattooed female aircraft mechanic. I would like to think that I have most of my mental faculties intact considering I have 3 college degrees, but if you immediately write me off as mentally unstable just by glancing at me, then you obviously would never find any of that out.

As for hand and neck tattoos, many people that have those are in industries that don't care. Considering my old artist charged $220 an hour and you had to book at least 6 months in advance I'd say he wasn't hurting for money, and he was self employed.

And generally speaking you don't spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours getting a tattoo because you're following a fad. In addition, everyone follows fads. Everyone.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
The thought of how they are going to look when you get old and the skin starts to sag, not a pretty sight.

This is how I'll deal with having tattoos when I'm old:
Attached Thumbnails
Do tattoos on women look butch in your opinion?-oldtattooguys.jpg  

Old 02-15-2012, 10:54 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
This is how I'll deal with having tattoos when I'm old:
LOL.

@7165Red, I try not to think about what anyone would look like when they get old. That is just gross. If you are a dude, do you imagine what every hot chick's butt or boobs are going to look like when she's like 60? Not cool. Just enjoy them as they are today is my motto.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:04 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,401 times
people with full arm tats look like they have a dark greyish infection like gangrene when the tats get old and faded

tats dont stay new and fresh looking forever, all the detail is gone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty