Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do tatts make women look butch?
Yes 56 49.56%
No 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
people with full arm tats look like they have a dark greyish infection like gangrene when the tats get old and faded

tats dont stay new and fresh looking forever, all the detail is gone
Actually, that's not necessarily true. In the past, low quality ink was used and many people simply did t take care of their skin. Sun damage combined with poor quality inks and in many cases, poor quality artists and tattoo machines, absolutely caused ink to bleed and fade. That's why you see many older gentleman with blobs of greenish ink on them.

Currently, however, the quality of ink is much better, the machines used are more technologically advanced and well suited for the tattoo process and we also know much more about how damaging the suns rays can be and how to avoid damage in that respect.

My lower forearm tattoo is nearly 7 years old and I've had professional artists think it was only a few months old. I exfoliate, use aquaphor and other skin conditioners regularly and stay out of the sun as much as possible. I know peoe with extremely colorful 10+ year old tattoos that are very vibrant because they went to a good artist and take care of their skin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 03:43 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,045,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post

not really seeing how these women are not feminine.
When I see beautiful young people with tattoos... I always picture them at 40, 60, 80 with those same tattoos...

Not the same.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:57 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post

not really seeing how these women are not feminine.
Hey, that first chick is the one I know. I posted her youtube vid just this morning in this thread. One of the best tribal belydnacers ever.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 PM

50,359 posts, read 63,939,201 times
I think that in the future, pristine, untattooed and un-pierced women will be the most desireable. Life always goes in cycles. I am old, so I know.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:08 PM

50,359 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Hey, that first chick is the one I know. I posted her youtube vid just this morning in this thread. One of the best tribal belydnacers ever.
Spell much?

Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
How about trying to stay on topic here?

Old 02-15-2012, 05:00 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,685,639 times
When I turned 40, I got my first and only tat.
A purple and pink fairy floating on a trail of fairy dust, with her glowing-star wand outstretched. She rides comfortably on my right hip (no sun or stretch marks). Very few people have ever seen her. I got her to remind me of "the realm of the possible"... like permanent secret jewelry. She is still just as bright, clear, and colorful as the week I got her.

One girl who got her tat at the same time as I (not at the same place) got a "tramp stamp" - it was huge and went across the whole of her lower back. She didn't even know what it meant, or if it meant anything at all. She wore bikinis to show it off, and was so proud because she was 'en vogue'! She then got Hepatitis and had to take treatment for it, which caused her to swell like a balloon. Now her tat is lined, sunbaked, wrinkled, broken, 'smeared' and ugly. She can't wear bikinis any more, and she can't let anyone else see it with cutoff shirts or low-riders; it embarrasses her.

Dif'rent strokes and different reasons, as well as different practices and care, make a difference between an unsightly multicolored scar and a work of art that brings joy to the wearer. A petite and lovely rose can become stretched and discolored, and look like a grape rotting on a vine, if it and it's "canvas" isn't taken care of!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:53 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,110,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
When I turned 40, I got my first and only tat.
A purple and pink fairy floating on a trail of fairy dust, with her glowing-star wand outstretched. She rides comfortably on my right hip (no sun or stretch marks). Very few people have ever seen her. I got her to remind me of "the realm of the possible"... like permanent secret jewelry. She is still just as bright, clear, and colorful as the week I got her.

One girl who got her tat at the same time as I (not at the same place) got a "tramp stamp" - it was huge and went across the whole of her lower back. She didn't even know what it meant, or if it meant anything at all. She wore bikinis to show it off, and was so proud because she was 'en vogue'! She then got Hepatitis and had to take treatment for it, which caused her to swell like a balloon. Now her tat is lined, sunbaked, wrinkled, broken, 'smeared' and ugly. She can't wear bikinis any more, and she can't let anyone else see it with cutoff shirts or low-riders; it embarrasses her.

Dif'rent strokes and different reasons, as well as different practices and care, make a difference between an unsightly multicolored scar and a work of art that brings joy to the wearer. A petite and lovely rose can become stretched and discolored, and look like a grape rotting on a vine, if it and it's "canvas" isn't taken care of!
I agree.
I know they're not for me. But they can look good on some other women, depending on what/where etc.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 AM

30,332 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
How many of these threads need to be started? Yes, I get it, I look like a trashy, butch and unfeminine hooker with my tattoos.

It seems like there are a lot of people who get their jollies by making others feel bad about themselves.

Besides, I'm a 6'1 tall female mechanic... If those things didn't already make me butch a few tattoos aren't going to push me over that edge
LMAO. I'm a 5'5" librarian, so it really does surprise some people when my ink is showing!

And yes, these thread ARE getting old. I'm well aware of the stereotypes about women with tattoos, and I don't really care... because I know who I am, and the reasons behind getting each tattoo on my body. If people want to judge me when they're showing, oh well - that's their prerogative. I wouldn't want to associate with somebody that judgmental anyway, and my friends/family (the people who DO matter) still know what's under the colorful skin.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:46 AM

30,332 posts, read 51,925,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
When I see beautiful young people with tattoos... I always picture them at 40, 60, 80 with those same tattoos...

Not the same.
Why are you picturing old women anyway, and do you think an 80yo woman would CARE what you thought?

I'll be 36 this year, and got my first tattoo at age 16... they still look GREAT (note JetJockey's explanation of modern tattooing above), and I am in better shape now than I was back then. Woot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty