Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do tatts make women look butch?
Yes 56 49.56%
No 57 50.44%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 09:57 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times

Advertisements

I do think tattoos can easily look unfeminine, especially the bigger they are. To me, that means sleeves or large back tattoos etc detract more beauty than they add, no matter how lovely the illustrations may be.

But I don't think all tattoos are unattractive. I just worked with a model who has delicate wings diagonal across one of her collar bones. It was really lovely and I think a rare instance that the tattoo enhanced her look and the clothes she wore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 10:03 AM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
How many of these threads need to be started?

Maybe we should start a poll...

Old 02-12-2012, 10:04 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Seriously, not all tattoos are created equally. There is a bit of an aesthetic difference between somebody sporting a full sleeve of Warner Brothers' Tasmanian Devil in gangland attire and flipping somebody off, and an inch-long infinity loop on the top of one's foot that is only visible when the person wears sandals.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:48 PM

229 posts, read 585,179 times
I like tattoos, I think what matters is what your personal view is. It's like asking about politics- everyone has their own opinion. I want a tattoo eventually, but I'm doing it for ME not for anyone else. And I could give a rats ass what anyone thinks about it when it's done. I'm not butch and I find it hard to believe that someone will see me as butch when I get it. If they do, that's their issue not mine.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:02 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
I think tattoos on women can be sexy.

Old 02-12-2012, 06:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
My wife has two full sleeves and is very feminine.
It doesn't matter if it did make her look butch, I love her deeply.
Right on, julian.

You are some kind of wonderful!

Old 02-13-2012, 12:29 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
My wife has two full sleeves and is very feminine.
It doesn't matter if it did make her look butch, I love her deeply.

Pics?

Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
I think that a well-done tattoo on a beautiful woman makes both look that much better.
Women are far better canvases than men, in my opinion. They take better care of their skin, not as much sun damage, etc.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:48 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not a fan of tats on men and women - usually makes them look try-hard gangster or too much like a self-proclaimed 'bad boy' or 'bad girl.' Even a small visible one is actually kind of a turn off, unless it's very artistic/interesting. I'd prefer a woman with no or minimal ink (nothing against ink, some of the art is amazing and they are skilled artists). Body art can look cool - but not permanently. I'd rather date a person, not a walking canvas lol. It's just not a look that gets me going. I'm not a prude or anything, but I prefer women to look more natural. Same with makeup, fake tans, fake eyelashes, fake breasts.etc.

I think tattoos look butch, not necessarily lesbian, but I find it weird when women in high heels and makeup have a lot of tats. It just makes them look like a trashy hooker or something. If you're one of these women, feel free to be offended, but don't take it personally you're free to disagree. I guess what I'm saying is, to me tatts seem incompatible with the stereotypical feminine image to me.

Put it another way, "do you think tattoos are incompatible with being feminine?"
I think tatoos are graffiti for the body, regardless of sex.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:59 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Not necessarily. My boyfriend is not a tattoo person AT ALL, and I have never sought out guys specifically because they have (or don't have) them. I've actually never dated anybody who had any, before or after I got mine. Well, probably/possibly one guy who was a Navy vet...but I didn't date him long enough to find out.

For both of us, attraction doesn't hinge on the presence or absence of tattoos...or any other one factor, for that matter.
I think it's more subtle than that. Attraction is often not a conscious thing, but like often does attract like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty