Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:27 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I notice in the US a lot of guys still wear baseball/basketball caps - that trend sort of died away (it's still alive and well, but a lot less reduced).

Just wondering what do you think of baseball caps from a fashion perspective?

I don't wear them simply because they do not protect my neck - although I do when I grow my hair longer. I prefer slouch hats with brims anyway, but admit I don't often wear hats even when it's hot and sunny.

Do you think wearing a cap backwards/to the side is passe/goofy?

What about girls/women wearing baseball caps? Seems kinda 90s, I saw it in the States, I think it's kind of cute to be honest lol.
Baseball caps on men when you're not actually outside are really, really stupid. At a baseball game? Sure. Mowing the lawn? No prob. Day on the boat? Perfect.

At a restaurant? Halfwit. Anywhere inside? Raised in a barn. Sideways or backwards? Unless you're a catcher in a game, working on a project that requires a hat but the bill gets in the way, or appearing in a Little Racals remake, it's serious douchbaggery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Baseball caps on men when you're not actually outside are really, really stupid. At a baseball game? Sure. Mowing the lawn? No prob. Day on the boat? Perfect.

At a restaurant? Halfwit. Anywhere inside? Raised in a barn. Sideways or backwards? Unless you're a catcher in a game, working on a project that requires a hat but the bill gets in the way, or appearing in a Little Racals remake, it's serious douchbaggery.
LOL. Touche' or is it too shay? Or two chaise? Whatever. Good post my man. Good post.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:42 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
When I see a cap I always think the man is covering a hair problem.
I wear a cap for that reason but its to keep it out of my face. I'm trying to grow it longer.

By the way, wearing the hat backwards is almost always more comfortable, although perhaps that is more true for those of us with big heads. Worn forward, many hats are uncomfortable.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
See picture already posted below your post.

You better love those ties. They make you look better. LOL

It makes me think of yo's and hardcore kids trying to be cool.
The only way it looks nice is a mature urban look with it slightly to the side.

love it, LOL

but in the picture it is a young kid, who would take fashion from a teen seriosuly.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:09 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
I think it's a fashion faux pas to read anything to how people wear ballcap this day and age ...... that is so 80s.............

I wear them more now than I did when I was younger, in part because they have become a lot more comfortable with the growth in fitted hats

I'll typically wear mine when spending time outside - be it doing yard work, going for a walk, going to the park, going to a game, etc ....... if I'm going to be outside for any considerable stretch I'm most likely throwing on a hat

Also, there are times when running to a store, to a friends house, pretty much anywhere when more important aspects of life get in the way with getting my hair cleaned up and presentable ...... when grabbing kids and going it's more practical to just throw on a hat

Same deal if i've been out and had a hat on ..... my smushed up unkempt hair isn't any less offensive than a swatch of fabric on my head

There are also times when there is supporting things you like ........ if my university has a big game that day, I'll probably walk around with my hat on for them that day ..... same with any of my other teams ...........

Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 AM

877 posts, read 2,012,902 times
Actually, A LOT of guys here in NYC wear baseball/basketball (mostly) caps, it gets on my nerves. it's just not that trendy in the winter! But the trend has died among women. I bought my first cap in 2004 and i realized that i haven't wore it in years..got another one last year and only wore it about 2x outside. The thing is, it really doesn't go with a lot of outfits these days.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i guess they are ok if you are at a sports even or some kind of outdoor bbq type thing. at a certain age, it just looks like you are trying to cover up your baldness.
Well, maybe I am trying to cover up my baldness. I wear a cap just about everywhere and see other guys do the same. It is Texas though.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

At a restaurant? Halfwit.
Does your view if its a woman wearing the hat?

I went to a restaurant last night; not a high-end place, but better than average. About like an Olive Garden, but not part of a chain. Counted seven people within my view wearing baseball caps. Five were women.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I notice in the US a lot of guys still wear baseball/basketball caps - that trend sort of died away (it's still alive and well, but a lot less reduced).

Just wondering what do you think of baseball caps from a fashion perspective?

I don't wear them simply because they do not protect my neck - although I do when I grow my hair longer. I prefer slouch hats with brims anyway, but admit I don't often wear hats even when it's hot and sunny.

Do you think wearing a cap backwards/to the side is passe/goofy?

What about girls/women wearing baseball caps? Seems kinda 90s, I saw it in the States, I think it's kind of cute to be honest lol.

They serve their purpose where they're appropriate. I wouldn't wear caps to church or to a fine dining restaurant. Now, outdoors in a casual state, then that's fine.

And backwards is just too gangsta. You have to wear your cap forward. Protects the face more effectively from too much sun.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
If I'm outdoors, at a game, in the sun, running out the door on a saturday morning I always grab a hat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty