Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:11 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Croc, do you iron your shorts?
Only if it's too wrinkled. Depends on the fabric too. The above two get wrinkled way too much coz of the fabric and I also dry them in the dryer to shrink them tighter for obvious reasons. But not a regular full iron, I just remove major wrinkles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 07:16 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
My summer attire:

Arizona Cargo Shorts:

Under Armour Golf Shirt:

Birkenstock Sandals:

Oakley Oil Rigs:

Rolex SS Submariner:
http://www.melrosejewelers.com/product_image/product_category/Mens_Stainless_Ste-392-1.jpg (broken link)

Gold bracelet:

This is probably what I'm wearing 90% of the time during the summer months in Phoenix. Unless I have a meeting which requires some type of suit, I'll be very much comfortable in this. I probably have a dozen Under Armour golf shirts and the same amount of Arizona cargo shorts. I love my Birkenstock sandals and my Oakleys...throw on my watch and my chain and I'm all set!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:34 AM

Dude, what's with the oakley and gold bracelet? Everything else is cool.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:36 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Dude, what's with the oakley and gold bracelet? Everything else is cool.
I live in Arizona...I NEED sunglasses...it's not even a question of fashion.

And I love my new gold chain bracelet.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Well, men around here wear pink with more freedom (99.99% not frowned upon), it's a very rewarding dress shirt colour too. But I think those shorts are way off and aren't really pink. It's just a shade of a red/pink/orange amalgam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes, "the man" is my husband.

I know some men wear pink with no problem. One of my former bosses was a rich old cuss and had all his clothes made for him, including a pink button-up shirt with French cuffs and collar.
Yeah, when I was younger; men wearing pink, NO WAY! But now, it's no big deal. Even my straight-laced-dead-set-in-his-grumpy-old-ways-76yr old Dad wears pink and lilac occasionally!

Although, he hasn't gone full tilt shows approval for my pink hair yet, but we are working on it! I mean he likes the reason why it's pink (to show support for breast cancer awareness (and personally for my aunt,Dad's sister)), but not that I actually did it, if that makes ANY sense.

But he doesn't give any of the cousins crap, or hubby crap about wearing pink shirts or anything anymore. So that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Men in pink are hot! Confident .
But it has to be the right fabric and shade of pink, IMO; otherwise you either look funny, or that you try WAY too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I like your style CPC. Im not a fashionista by any means, but I have no problem wearing pink shirts or shorts and trendy type fashions. If Mrs. Lao (who is totally up on fashion and style) buys it and likes me in it, I wear it no questions asked. That is how I roll.
Good husband! That's how my hubby is too.

This is a mix of what he will be wearing this summer BTW:

(Work)
ThinkGeek :: In Soviet Russia, Zero Divides By You

ThinkGeek :: Binary People

ThinkGeek :: I'm Here Because You Broke Something

Kilts - UTILIKILTS

http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/upl...ost-raider.jpg

(At Home)

Redirect Notice

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jvA-1UBvys...aid+shorts.jpg

http://www.wearyourbeer.com/images/G...ck_Boxers2.jpg

(going out on a date)

Cubavera Shirt, Banded Collar Embroidered Shirt - Mens - Macy's

Or

MUTED DYE OVER STRIPE WOVEN

Levi's Jeans, 514 Slim Straight Kale - Mens Jeans - Macy's

Skechers Shoes, Volus Leather Oxfords - Mens Lace-Ups & Oxfords - Macy's

And a stainless steel bracelet (nothing else but the bracelet and his wedding ring), and maybe sunglasses, depending on the time of day.

We are boring, I know.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Despite actually having been raised a New England prep (crested blazer and striped tie private school pedigree and all), you couldn't pay my SO enough to have him don yachting shorts, etc. Massachusetts is a distant memory.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:21 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times
Oakley HALF JACKET (Asian Fit) Sunglasses available online at Oakley.com (http://www.oakley.com/products/2237/6462 - broken link)

Old 03-26-2012, 06:25 PM

Some new shorts too. 5.11 Tactical Shorts - Men's, Cotton | 5.11 Tactical#

Old 03-26-2012, 08:34 PM

@!! http://www.americkychopper.cz/media/senior/04.jpg

Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Despite actually having been raised a New England prep (crested blazer and striped tie private school pedigree and all), you couldn't pay my SO enough to have him don yachting shorts, etc. Massachusetts is a distant memory.
He's being a responsible man. He needs to save money for your engagement ring and wedding expenses etc.,

The evolution of the home depot husband. Stage 1 underway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty