Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 02:04 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Who purposely wants a big butt? Most women I know try hard to get rid of theirs. I am not picking on that type of woman, because sometimes it's just genetics. People talk about Kim Kardashian, but I don't think she has the perfect figure at all!
Pffffffst Me either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Of course everyone has their personal preferences, but I hear a lot about the unrealistic standards that society holds for men and women, how the ideal is nowhere near the average. So what is that ideal? What do you feel society or the media or the people around you in general is promoted and praised as closest to perfect?

Again, this isn't what you consider ideal, but the general feel you get from others. Are people celebrating size 2 women? Or the big booties (http://celebquestion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/bikini-butt_249x368.jpg - broken link) of Kardashians? Or the fitness guru look?

Are men getting the most praise when they resemble classic Schwarzeneggar? Or is it the rockstar skinny-jeaned guys who are feeling the most love? Who gets the most society approval?

Or something else entirely? What is "ideal"?

The body type I have is ideal for me, who the hell cares about anyone else.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:12 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
In high def....cellulite was spotted.

I was like YES! S is HUMAN after all. LOL

She just has one of the best faces out there I think. She always stayed in good shape too without getting too thick or too thin.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
i dont have one favorite body type necessarily, but i think brooklyn decker is pretty good for all occasions.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 12:28 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 02:20 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Who purposely wants a big butt? Most women I know try hard to get rid of theirs. I am not picking on that type of woman, because sometimes it's just genetics. People talk about Kim Kardashian, but I don't think she has the perfect figure at all!

I am totally with you on this one. I look at the long run when sizing a girl up too. Kim K does nothing for me physically. she's too big down below, and I know that she can explode at any minute. I personally like a perky smaller but, ex Mila Kunis..That's my type. All these normal bodies with oversize butts does nothing for me. The whole world can become fascinated with that and say that that's what men like, but I disagree. In the nineties it was the "supermodel" waife look like Kate moss. In the 2000, it was the normal proportion look. Now all of the sudden it's the overlarged behind look. I don't buy it. Most of my friends don't either. People do like what they like. But I would never like someone because "society" says that I should..Wait ten years and see what good ole' whiny diva Kim K looks like..That thing is going to explode..

All in all, it comes down to each his own..Im a leg/but man like most guys. I like thin legs on a women and a perky but..To me there is nothing more sexy. By the way, the post above is more my type..Nice proportions..Kim K has a weird body shape..Thin arms, thin waist, humungous but..Not at all attractive..

Having said all that, do we live up to the other end? We all want a specific size, etc..but how are our own bodies?..Me personally, I work out everyday. I'm nearing forty and bodywise can compete with any age. I don't have a beer gut or double chin.. I wouldn't expect to be with my ideal body size in a women if I myself weren't living up to my own end, sort of speak..

Last edited by supermanpansy; 02-23-2012 at 02:38 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 03:54 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
*raises hand*

I have a wide pelvis, as do all the women on either side of my family tree. I would look strange and out of proportion if I had a flat butt, because I don't have a corresponding athletic build, or straight, boyish hip/waistline ration that go with a flat butt. Having a big butt suits my frame. I like the underlying muscles being TONED, obviously, but having a round butt isn't something I'm embarrassed by, and I have no interest in "getting rid of it." When I was a preteen and developing a figure, it was something that I could have been embarrassed by, I suppose...but I grew up surrounded by beautiful women with a similar build to the one I was developing, so it wasn't an issue.

Tabula, some women in my family also have the wider hips. You should never be embarrassed by your shape. I guess my comment was meant as you always hear so many women complain about a bigger butt and try to reduce it. Heck, as far health issues go, you are better off having the pear figure vs. the apple.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:57 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont have one favorite body type necessarily, but i think brooklyn decker is pretty good for all occasions.

Yeah right! And heavy on the top!

Old 02-23-2012, 04:26 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
See, I look at her and just see a chick with no hips, no butt and no muscle tone. I think she needs to take up some weight training and yoga. Her body doesnt create the magic like Salma Hayaks (love that Dusk Till Dawn vid someone posted) or Vida Guerra. Brooklyn is just what I call your average chick. Not fat, not super hot, not smoking hot body, just average. I see lots and lots of Brookly Decker's roaming the malls or getting their no foam mocha lattes in Starbucks every day. Nothing about her I find special. Dont get me wrong, she's not ugly, but she's just ..................... like going to Baskin Robbins and ordering plain vanilla.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:50 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
so clearly the ideal is down to personal preference. No earth shattering news here.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
In high def....cellulite was spotted.

I was like YES! S is HUMAN after all. LOL

She just has one of the best faces out there I think. She always stayed in good shape too without getting too thick or too thin.
I like the medium "girly" builds. I don't like beefcake, buffed up, muscular women, nor scrawny ones either. Just a average medium build. Probably what most of you are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty