Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 05:01 PM

261 posts, read 512,630 times

Advertisements

Me and a friend was kind of joking about this a few days ago.
If you could would you trade it all in and hope for getting better genetics ?

Me. NOPE! Over all I hate to sound cocky but I didn't come out half bad. Sure I have no ass (I have tried squats, you either have an ass or you don't sorry) but I don't need all that. I do wish I had 'better' hair in the sense I could never get away with that sexy 'bed head' look I am so envious of but giving the fact that I am above average height, good complexion (had few pimples growing up as well), and from what ive been told I have this thing call 'happy eyes'...Lost all of my 'baby weight' and with a good hair cut. ILL TAKE IT!

I had to wake up and stop looking at adult entertainment and realize most people do not look like that what so ever and be thankful for what I have. I think if most people took care of themselves more (eat better, worked out) they would me a lot happier.
And you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 05:13 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
How I feel about myself varies from day to day, but I would so not take a gamble on getting dealt a better genetic hand. I have lousy hair, lousy eyesight, and a few complaints about how my body and face are proportioned, but overall I won big.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
No, I don't think I've ever been happy or will ever be happy about my physical appearance. I have plenty of physical quirks that when seperate are probablt ok, but when they're all on the same person they become not atractive.

It's a bummer, but there are other things I can focus on.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Default Yes...

I'm perfectly content with my genetic inheritance. Not very tall (wouldn't mind if I were a couple of inches or more taller, but certainly not the end of the world), well proportioned, very decent skin so far, fair enough face. But really and I think most importantly (but maybe easy enough to say it when there is contentment in other aspects, I don't really know) a really great personality AND believe it or not, a grand sense of humor.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 01-21-2013, 07:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Heeeeeeell noooooooo.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
More or less, yes. I wish I was an even 6'0" tall, but I'm ok where I'm at ... especially when compared to my ancestors.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
It took me a lot of years to get there, but at 38 I'm very happy with my appearance. Eating right and exercising can make all the difference in the world!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Being dissatisfied won't change who your parents are and the genetic material the passed down to you. Sure, maybe you could get a better combination of alleles, but I wouldn't risk having a major genetic defect for the chance at being a little more mansome. Even the most stunning man/woman on the planet (to you) probably has a few things they wish they could change about themselves. Most of it is between your two ears.

That being said,

Eye spacing
nose
height
core/abs (will never have a washboard)
ass
the V or lack thereof
ears
facial hair (I'm 23 damn it, I should be able to grow a beard if I wanted to)
calves
eye color
hair color (can I go back to the color I had at age 2?)

and the list could go on, but y'all get the point

Last edited by Philosophizer; 01-22-2013 at 12:39 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
I had to wake up and stop looking at adult entertainment and realize most people do not look like that what so ever and be thankful for what I have. I think if most people took care of themselves more (eat better, worked out) they would me a lot happier.
And you ?
Agree. I find self acceptance a whole lot easier when I can be secure in the knowledge that I am taking care of myself working out and doing what is necessary to look the best I can look.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:21 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Satisfied? Sure, I'm satisfied. It's a pretty noncommittal word. Am I especially proud of my looks? Not really. Am I overjoyed with my appearance? Nope. Do I think I'm hot? Not usually, no. On the other hand, am I discontent or disgruntled? No. Am I disgusted? Nope. Do I think I'm hideous? Nah.

I think that if I could wave a magic wand and make instant improvements with no cost, no creams, no surgery, no recovery, I would make a few changes:

1. Around 15 pounds of fat, outta there.
2. A tummy tuck.
3. 2-cup breast reduction, with -no- change in sensation.
4. 1 inch taller.
5. Eyelid lift.
6. minor face lift.
7. lower teeth straightened and the front ones veneered, with a new bridge on the upper left because I think the dentist could've done a better job on the one I have now.
8. repair my deviated septum and shave off the tiny bump on the bridge of my nose.
9. magickally remove the surgery scars on my thigh and arm.
10. eliminate the extra skin sagging from my upper arms (weight loss + age = sag). It's not bad, but I used to have really exquisite looking arms, once upon a time. I'd love to have them back.

Last edited by AnonChick; 01-22-2013 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Edited because I can't count. Only 15 pounds, not 25
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty