Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 01:08 AM

395 posts, read 707,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
There's something unnaturally thin about her mid-torso. Waist is too thin.
Alot of these eastern european women tend to be more slender than many north americans....not sure if it's the food, genetics, etc...

She has a very long slender body with a small waist...but may grow out with time in width. Also I think european food sources tend to be healthier than many of the food and food processing methods used in north america.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2013 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: copyrighted image removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 AM

On magazine cover:

Please note that I'm complying with community standards as we are refraining from any obscene materials. This is a magazine cover on a popular magazine in eastern europe (they tend to have pretty lax community standards

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2013 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: copyrighted image removed

Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post
Alot of these eastern european women tend to be more slender than many north americans....not sure if it's the food, genetics, etc...

She has a very long slender body with a small waist...but may grow out with time in width. Also I think european food sources tend to be healthier than many of the food and food processing methods used in north america.
It's genetics. The biggest feature giving her that slender look is her small ribcage, something that has become more popular as leaner bodies have risen in popularity. Most people don't put much fat on their ribs until you start approaching obesity so her torso and waist would stay pretty much the same even if she gained 20lbs.

The 1950s seemed to prefer a larger ribcage on their hourglasses, while modern hourglasses seem to be defined by their shoulders or breasts.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that maybe they appear slender because they are MODELS and what the photographer REQUESTED for those shoots?

I think in a lot of eastern european countries (specifically the former Soviet states) women tend to be a bit more health/body/style conscious than American women. Of course you have your centers of health/fashion/body influences here in America (Los Angeles, New York, etc.) where you'll find a much higher number of fit/attractive women, but I think on the whole, the average euro women ARE a bit "healthier/fitter" than your average American woman.

I think the chick you posted is a bit too thin for my tastes, but she does have a pretty face. I am not a fan of that whole hip bone protruding out thing. Its fine to be able to see it, but not when its sticking waaaaaay out like that.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's genetics. The biggest feature giving her that slender look is her small ribcage, something that has become more popular as leaner bodies have risen in popularity. Most people don't put much fat on their ribs until you start approaching obesity so her torso and waist would stay pretty much the same even if she gained 20lbs.

The 1950s seemed to prefer a larger ribcage on their hourglasses, while modern hourglasses seem to be defined by their shoulders or breasts.
Very true. I've always had a very deep ribcage (even when I was 120 lbs @ 6'1 I was between a 36 and 38 band size for my bra depending on brand) and my lungs are actually 15% larger in volume than they should be

I have an hourglass figure, so it works, but I will never ever look slim or slender like those girls no matter how thin I get.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:45 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:

Whoever these girls are, most likely they are not Russians)))
Russians don't like their wimmin that thin, and the next pic ( on the cover of Russian magazine) is most likely a photoshop.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Did it ever occur to you that maybe they appear slender because they are MODELS and what the photographer REQUESTED for those shoots?

I think in a lot of eastern european countries (specifically the former Soviet states) women tend to be a bit more health/body/style conscious than American women. Of course you have your centers of health/fashion/body influences here in America (Los Angeles, New York, etc.) where you'll find a much higher number of fit/attractive women, but I think on the whole, the average euro women ARE a bit "healthier/fitter" than your average American woman.

I think the chick you posted is a bit too thin for my tastes, but she does have a pretty face. I am not a fan of that whole hip bone protruding out thing. Its fine to be able to see it, but not when its sticking waaaaaay out like that.
When her metabolism slows with age and she adds an extra,let's say 8 percent body fat then how do you think this model will fare?

It really depends on how you profile things and if you are viewing it from a near or long term view. From my personal opinion I feel that this body type has the longest playout time for physical attractiveness and longevity.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:44 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Here is another type of body that I just love - the athletic feminine fit chick:

Zuzana Light - ZWOW # 12 4-6-2012 - YouTube

Old 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Here is another type of body that I just love - the athletic feminine fit chick:

Zuzana Light - ZWOW # 12 4-6-2012 - YouTube

Zuzana is a very fit model that lives in Montreal, Quebec. She used to be natural, but now is enhanced. I liked her more when she was in her non-breast augmented state. I feel that she's a bit overtoned but I guess that's the MO of her youtube videos and maybe the enhancements allow more traffic to go her way....thus more ad revenue.

http://www.bodyrock.tv/wp-content/up...010/01/bra.jpg (broken link)

Zuzana before the implants....looking way more normal....but might not be as marketable as her new shape

I think many of the ideas set by the media are unrealistic, how can normal people compete with these folks who are slender to begin with but then get breast augmentation! A guys equivalent would be working out so you can look like the guy on roids....it's ain't going to happen. That why I typically ignore media hype of ppl with outrageous body parts, especially if it's enhanced via surgery or meds (roids).

dudes on roids:

That's why the body type in my earlier post is what I like (for reference //www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...l#post23895057 ). The girl in my post is natural, has longeviety and when she gains an extra 7-8% body fat, she'll still look like dabomb!

For Mr. LTMF I have an idea of what you like. I'll post some follow up pics later

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2013 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: copyrighted image removed

Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 PM

4 posts, read 14,678 times
\

I love this type, I love Scarlett Johansson!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty