Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times

Advertisements

I read the OP again. Gold bracelet with a suit?? Awful.

<crocodile vomit>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,305,888 times
Speedy,

I personally don't like gold for myself but what you displayed is nice and simple. Nothing wrong with that. I have always worn a bracelet and/or necklace of some sort most of my life, with the exception of being in the military, of course.

I wear a stainless bracelet in the style you pictured along with a matching necklace. I also have a mariner or marine link bracelet and a black tungsten bracelet my wife gave me. I love these materials as opposed to gold and silver for both their cheap cost, durability and no maintenance.

The key is to keep it simple, one pice of each and not too thick. Pieces that are too thick and flashy don;t work for me, but that's not to say it won't for someone else.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:56 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,695,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Speedy,

I personally don't like gold for myself but what you displayed is nice and simple. Nothing wrong with that. I have always worn a bracelet and/or necklace of some sort most of my life, with the exception of being in the military, of course.

I wear a stainless bracelet in the style you pictured along with a matching necklace. I also have a mariner or marine link bracelet and a black tungsten bracelet my wife gave me. I love these materials as opposed to gold and silver for both their cheap cost, durability and no maintenance.

The key is to keep it simple, one pice of each and not too thick. Pieces that are too thick and flashy don;t work for me, but that's not to say it won't for someone else.
Thank you. I think something simple like a stainless bracelet or tungsten bracelet is always in style. I happen to like both but there's something about gold that I appreciate.

Quote:
I read the OP again. Gold bracelet with a suit?? Awful.

<crocodile vomit>
Obviously your opinion. Just because you can't pull it off doesn't mean that others can't. I've seen some very nice bracelets accentuate a well-cut suit.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,713,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Obviously your opinion. Just because you can't pull it off doesn't mean that others can't. I've seen some very nice bracelets accentuate a well-cut suit.
Of course. Man, I'm all for ornaments, but can't you see you're taking this a little too far?

I thought I was crazy for wearing colourful socks. There are others who do it much crazier than I do.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:20 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,791,994 times
Braclets Good to GO but gold chains generally look poor (bad).

Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,896,837 times
I see Italians wearing gold bracelets and necklaces, but I don't think it's a masculine look.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,552 times
I think it's tacky.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:26 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
I had a wrist chain similar to that when I was 18, in 1990! There's no way I'd wear any gold chains these days. I think wearing gold chains today would make a man look old. Sort of like a moustache makes men look old and outdated.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
I like it, but I'm from Europe. I've noticed that you and I share quite a few tastes, but we live in friggin' Arizona, not Europe. Everything kind of depends on what kind of people you want it to look good to… At least that’s the rule of thumb I stick to myself.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:09 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,676,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Does a simple yet elegant bracelet or necklace on a guy appropriate for everyday wear? I'm not talking about massive, gaudy pieces of jewelry but something more subdued. Like this:

Was thinking of buying one to wear, always have liked yellow gold jewelry in limited numbers. I don't want to look like Mr. T but I think a gold bracelet might complement a nice suit.

Opinions?
Sure ,go for it.

Simple is tasteful which means a simple gold chain (Not monster size!) on your wrist or neck will improve how you feel (by expressing your independence from peer pressure!) and how the world will perceive you.

I like American Indian silver and wear silver rings (4) on my fingers, silver/malachite or larger silver chains around my neck. I've never had a negative comment with ear shot expressed near my 350+ lbs person. THAT discussion would be unwise.......

I like my silver and I enjoy my silver so there's no damn reason on this planet that you shouldn't enjoy/wear as much gold as you can pay for.

Last edited by Grandpa Pipes; 03-22-2012 at 01:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty