Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:34 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times

Advertisements

Some female employees working in formal offices never stopped wearing nude pantyhose, but for most of us, the sheer legwear is a distant memory, more associated with our mothers' generation, than our own.

L’eggs Nude Pantyhose Aiming for Comeback | Fashion - Yahoo! Shine

It's all about the egg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 12:58 PM

615 posts, read 1,675,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Some female employees working in formal offices never stopped wearing nude pantyhose, but for most of us, the sheer legwear is a distant memory, more associated with our mothers' generation, than our own.

L’eggs Nude Pantyhose Aiming for Comeback | Fashion - Yahoo! Shine

It's all about the egg.

hahaha! I never stopped wearing panty hose and stockings, as IMO they make certain outfits more polished/complete if you will.

I bet now that many see The Princess wearing them they will have a change of heart as to whether they're "cool/in style"...........

Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,817 times
Good Luck with that, Leggs....

I don't see pantyhose ever coming back in big way. I agree that certain in certain circumstances they will/should be worn. Funerals, very formal work settings, maybe

I find the idea that they are going to come back into vogue , esp here in the US, because "the Princess" wears them very unlikely..... I don't see anyone wearing huge, silly hats (like those worn at her wedding)

I did wear them at my first couple of jobs in my early 20's...hated them, plus the expense!

I do love wearing tights once the weather gets colder though....

Old 11-14-2011, 01:38 PM

22,556 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
hahaha! I never stopped wearing panty hose and stockings, as IMO they make certain outfits more polished/complete if you will.
Same with me... never stopped wearing them!

Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
I wore them (navy) for many years as a flight attendant, but, now that I am about to become an RN (32 days to be exact, but who's counting?) I have bid farewell to pantyhose forever! I couldn't be happier

Old 11-14-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Same with me... never stopped wearing them!
^^^

And I'm NOT ancient for those that believe only Mothers/Grandmothers wear them. LMAO!

Old 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
I wore stockings (nude) with a garter belt until pantyhose came out and then I happily switched. I wore them to work, I wore them when I was dressed to go out. I seldom wore slacks "back in the day". I never really cared for the L'eggs brand. More the No Nonsense type.
Even now, when I dress to go out and I'm not wearing jeans or slacks, I wear pantyhose. Tights are too collegiate, IMO. But just like everything else, there's room for more than one preference.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:53 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
^^^

And I'm NOT ancient for those that believe only Mothers/Grandmothers wear them. LMAO!

And I am ancient. Maybe it's because I kept my legs covered.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:59 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
They don't come in those plastic eggs anymore do they?

Old 11-14-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I wore stockings (nude) with a garter belt until pantyhose came out and then I happily switched. I wore them to work, I wore them when I was dressed to go out. I seldom wore slacks "back in the day". I never really cared for the L'eggs brand. More the No Nonsense type.
Even now, when I dress to go out and I'm not wearing jeans or slacks, I wear pantyhose. Tights are too collegiate, IMO. But just like everything else, there's room for more than one preference.

I definitely don't wear them under my jeans. I only wear pantyhose/stockings with my dresses, skirts and suits. Typically for the work place or if I am going to an event that I feel I should wear them to.

I have worn L'eggs, but I'm more partial to Calvin Klein and another brand that name escapes me at the moment!

Quote:
They don't come in those plastic eggs anymore do they?
^^I don't think they do. I think I've seen them in a different packaging (in NY).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty