Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Jenna Talackova be allow to be in beauty pagents?
She should not be allowed to participate 30 44.12%
She should be allowed to participate 27 39.71%
Indifferent 11 16.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:34 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,614,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CairoCanadian View Post
So, would you also bar infertile women, or women who've had a hysterectomy? The latter no longer have wombs, yet for the most part still see and identify themselves as women.
Speaking as someone who had had a full hysterectomy w/o the oophorectomy usually associeated with a hysterectomy I feel I can say for myself I am still a woman. I have given birth, I have had periods, I still have XX chromosomes,I still have natural sex organs (vagina and ovaries), I am over the age in which people consider adulthood, therefore I AM a woman.

This transgendered person can't say that, therefore that person is NOT a woman; no matter how many surgeries they have had to try and change that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,896,044 times
The world is coming to an end. Just heard on the radio today that pageant officials have decided to let him/her compete. WTF!?!?!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,690,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
The world is coming to an end. Just heard on the radio today that pageant officials have decided to let him/her compete. WTF!?!?!

If we are ending a world that promotes hatred and judgement based on whats between your legs...huzaah to that. Acceptance is enlightenment.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:15 PM

23,967 posts, read 32,289,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post

The world is changing and I have no opinion on this subject, but wanted to see what you forum folks think: Is it too socially unacceptable for Jenna Talackova to be in a beauty pageant?

Jenna Talackova, transsexual Miss Universe Canada contestant, disqualified from finals | News | National Post

Here's my opinion : I don't care. She certainly looks like a woman, and like a woman who could compete in beauty pageants. She is not disrupting anything and she's not making a mockery of it.

If she feels like a woman, well she also looks like a woman,
Beyond that, it's just not my place to judge.
Obviously there are things other than genetics that determine gender.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:30 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,307,651 times
Quote:
As long as he/she doesn't win. Let them make the token gesture. It is a bad precedent, though.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Ridiculous. Should Shaq cut off his dick then go play in the WNBA? Would you who support this guy/gal in the pageant be okay with this? According to you guys, if he thinks of himself as a woman, its all fair game. Stupid.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,307,651 times
Quote:
According to you guys
Don't include me. I think it should be based on their birth-given chromosomes. I say no, but don't think he/she will win.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Don't include me. I think it should be based on their birth-given chromosomes. I say no, but don't think he/she will win.
I know dude. It was directed at the Fondas/Striesands who are all supportive of the guy and think its so great.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Ridiculous. Should Shaq cut off his dick then go play in the WNBA? Would you who support this guy/gal in the pageant be okay with this? According to you guys, if he thinks of himself as a woman, its all fair game. Stupid.
Do you think this is a real problem? Wannabe basketball players who don't make the MBA are going to castrate themselves so they can play women's ball? I would honestly be amazed if that ever happened. I guess somewhere, out there, a really tall transgendered man could be contemplating this very thing, but until I see the story, I think worrying about that is as useful as wondering whether unicorn horns are silver or gold.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:43 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,690,730 times
Quote:
I know dude. It was directed at the Fondas/Striesands who are all supportive of the guy and think its so great.

Pft...as a kid I played on a guy's baseball team because there was not a team for girls. I wasn't doing softball as I don't like it and I didn't find the other girls could play very well at all. I don't see the difference in that vs. a beauty contest.

I don't know the person. I am just speaking about the rules and objectives.
Its not a contest of who is most female. Just like being on the boys' baseball team was not about being a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty