Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 02:45 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,358,060 times

Advertisements

the photos appear they are of you at different ages. You can tell by how you've aged from young girl to woman also skin lines etc are in some and not in others. I assume the 4 th photo is the most recent and you look about 30 and cute.

how about if you hold up todays paper with the date showing so we can see what you look like NOW and then tel you what age you realy look like

Old 04-02-2012, 03:22 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,958,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
the photos appear they are of you at different ages. You can tell by how you've aged from young girl to woman also skin lines etc are in some and not in others. I assume the 4 th photo is the most recent and you look about 30 and cute.

how about if you hold up todays paper with the date showing so we can see what you look like NOW and then tel you what age you realy look like
This is the most recent pics of me (all taken February of 2012)

The two professional pics where I look older were taken in Jan of this year so you are right that they are more recent. However, so is the one above... They were taken around the same time.

Both of the pics below of me in my car were taken in 2011 (I know because these were taken on my lunch break when I was working in South OC back in 2011. Yep, I used to love taking pics of myself during lunch)

My body looks more tight and toned since the bikini photo; I have lost weight and gained much more muscle since. I am still a size 00 (XXS). I was hoping that would help to make me look younger since the average 34 year old is a bit overweight... no? I take pride in being a size 00.

The photos below were taken two years ago. It's not that long ago so I think it's a stretch to say that "I was a young girl" in these pics. I was already over 30 yrs old in these pics!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/jackie_was_here/rftsdtertr/13557_100899216600856_10ooooo000042.jpg (broken link)

I have no digital pics of myself of when I was in my early or even mid twenties at all.

If I were to take pics now it would take a long time because I need to take a shower and put makeup on and it would take hours. I would also need to take hundreds of pics and pick the best one, so it's time consuming. It's hard to take photos of yourself that are flattering without looking funny or having your eyes closed. It wouldn't be with me holding the newspaper (I don't read the newspaper) but with this City Data post on my monitor in the background.... I like to take pics of myself in the most flattering light so I don't know if the lighting around my desk is optimal to be honest. I will think about it and see if I have time. It's 2:30 AM right now. The top photo of me in the car is the most accurate representative of how I look like; it was taken just a few months ago.

Last edited by jackie100; 04-02-2012 at 03:35 AM..

Old 04-02-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
In the pro shots, I think you can see the lines around my eyes more because I was forced to laugh "genuinely", when you are laughing hard (not smiling but laughing) then you can see all the lines. However, when I give a "small smile" or a "fake smile" I don't see the lines as much. There are even up close shots below. These are all RECENT pics of me, all taken January 2012! Is three months ago recent enough for you?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/jackie_was_here/title388515914.png (broken link)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/jackie_was_here/title568564495.png (broken link)

Not a very flattering picture below (I didn't contour my nose so it looks huge and flat, I generally contour it with a darker color and highlight the center so it looks smaller) and the angle is unflattering but it's up close so you can see the skin up-close

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/jackie_was_here/DSC08871.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-02-2012, 05:10 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
It is very difficult to judge by a photo since it really is not your true appearance. I would say that seeing one in person, how they move, etc. gives one a better idea of their age. I don't think a lot of people actually give it a lot of thought though. Seriously, in photos, people vary by quality of the photography and how they photograph in general. I would say that you look mid-30s. My daughter-in-law is Asian.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:26 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,397,900 times
Smoking hot!

Mid 20's I'd guess.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:37 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Man, I stink at the age guessing game. I would have pegged you for your mid twenties.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:57 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
It's a good thing that you didn't ask us to guess your age based on your remarks.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,243,775 times
Gosh, JACKIE, you are sooooo pretty. In your original first post, the first pic I thought 20s. That is also your most attractive pic. I think whatever you were doing with makeup then, repeat what you did in that pic. This is because in some of your photos, like the one in your February 2012 pic in the car wearing black jacket, you look about 30, but it's not the age that I noticed, rather it was the amount of makeup, sort of too much foundation, brows too heavy, lipstick too red. Also, again in your first and most attractive pic, your hairstyle had a lot to do with looking good, and that's because your part was more towards the middle. In most of your other pictures, your hair swoops so far across your forehead, it sort of detracts from your features and is less flattering.

I would like to give you some advice as to how to stay youthful in general. You had said something about putting "fillers" in your face, or whatever you were saying would be part of your looking-good routine, and I do not believe that any facial "structuring," even botox, is good for long-term appearance in an already attractive person. Now, when you get up in your mid-50s, things do sag sometimes, and so you might want to get a very slight neck and eye lift, done only by a top surgeon. You see, "middle age" these days is not the 30s anymore! It is actually the 40s (somebody correct me on the exact range if I'm off). And yet it is always the most beautiful and youngest women who worry about their appearance! So, believe it when I say you will be not only be beautiful all your life, since you are so pretty to begin with, but one day you will be amazed at how especially attractive you really are right now and yet don't quite know it! I'm older, and when I see pictures and movies of myself in my 20s, I absolutely die because I didn't know how beautiful I was then! When I think of the leverage I would have had, if I had only known! So, don't do anything rash, is what I'm getting at. You are still quite young and there is therefore no need to change stuff now.

Let's see, I want to add more to the "how to look good without really trying" idea. Weight is probably the single most easy thing to look good. When a person is young, their energy levels are through the roof, and so for most young women, weight is not a big issue, they burn up up all the calories they take in. But as a person ages, energy levels go down and thus weight tends to go up. If your weight goes up, just drop yourself into a daily exercise routine to where you break a sweat, and keep up with a couple times weekly doing big activities like tennis, horseback riding, swimming, or martial arts, as examples. Also, the tummy is the first thing to go, so keep those muscles tight forever. But never work so hard at your exercise activity that you can indeed injure yourself... little injuries turn into big ones later. Now then, lotion is your friend, and drinking water is your BEST friend. Every time after you bathe, put lotion on (with sun protection in it) all over. And every time you are in the bathroom, drink a glass of water (but don't drink so much that you pee all day long!!!). These should be lifelong habits. ALWAYS be gentle with your hair, but do brush it a few times a day. And take a name-brand complex multivitamin/mineral supplement, but only twice a week, max.

One rather small thing I should mention. Looks can help you make you a lot of money. So, JUST IN CASE, get into a few plays locally and see if you can (a) memorize the the lines easily, and (b) act rather well. It is a lot of fun and could lead to "Hollywood." Or if you can sing well, take some coaching lessons, learn to play the guitar, and practice...it may lead to the music life. Or modeling, altho your height eliminates you from some kinds like runway, your looks can translate fine to magazine stuff, which diff mags relate to diff age groups, so it can take you a long ways. Of course, if you're already a doc or nurse or lawyer, you don't NEED those things to make some cash. I'm just saying...

Last, but not least, and others said this here, you can be pretty all day long, but if you are not well-read, or are not kind to others always, or are not happy with lots of creative hobbies and interests, that will interfere with your looks. And this is not only true for approval and acceptance, but it is also true for your own happiness. And if you are not happy, it will show in your face, your posture, your attitude. Now, nobody can be happy all the time or we wouldn't be human. But to generally have a good grounded core, and to get the very most out of your life, it is important to do things you like, to be curious, to dream. It's not all about your looks. Don't look inward too much. Get into outward things. For example, if you are fascinated by butterflies, learn everything about them, learn how to draw so you can sketch them, and then paint them, collect them. You gotta love life, and then no matter WHAT you look like, people will like you. Well, hope all this jabber helps you out! All the best, GG

Old 04-02-2012, 07:18 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
I agree the two tanktop pics already commented on do make you look your age. I was trying to figure out what it was and I think its the blush placement. It looks too low and harsh on your cheeks. That blush style ages anyone. It also made your face look a lot wider. (To me that widening of the face is how I usually see aging in asian faces) The lines are just expression lines to my eye. Everyone without botox has those in photos of all ages.

I would say the bikini pic too because everything else on you is polished but you had not started working out yet to firm up. I notice people who are not fat start to lose shape after 30 if they don't do a little something. That would give away your age a bit to me.

You clothing options put you in the 27-35 age range.

I think you look younger than the average person your age because most people do not look as healthy/youthful at that age.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post

Let's see, I want to add more to the "how to look good without really trying" idea. Weight is probably the single most easy thing to look good. When a person is young, their energy levels are through the roof, and so for most young women, weight is not a big issue, they burn up up all the calories they take in. But as a person ages, energy levels go down and thus weight tends to go up. If your weight goes up, just drop yourself into a daily exercise routine to where you break a sweat, and keep up with a couple times weekly doing big activities like tennis, horseback riding, swimming, or martial arts, as examples. Also, the tummy is the first thing to go, so keep those muscles tight forever. But never work so hard at your exercise activity that you can indeed injure yourself... little injuries turn into big ones later. Now then, lotion is your friend, and drinking water is your BEST friend. Every time after you bathe, put lotion on (with sun protection in it) all over. And every time you are in the bathroom, drink a glass of water (but don't drink so much that you pee all day long!!!). These should be lifelong habits. ALWAYS be gentle with your hair, but do brush it a few times a day. And take a name-brand complex multivitamin/mineral supplement, but only twice a week, max.

One rather small thing I should mention. Looks can help you make you a lot of money. So, JUST IN CASE, get into a few plays locally and see if you can (a) memorize the the lines easily, and (b) act rather well. It is a lot of fun and could lead to "Hollywood." Or if you can sing well, take some coaching lessons, learn to play the guitar, and practice...it may lead to the music life. Or modeling, altho your height eliminates you from some kinds like runway, your looks can translate fine to magazine stuff, which diff mags relate to diff age groups, so it can take you a long ways. Of course, if you're already a doc or nurse or lawyer, you don't NEED those things to make some cash. I'm just saying...

Last, but not least, and others said this here, you can be pretty all day long, but if you are not well-read, or are not kind to others always, or are not happy with lots of creative hobbies and interests, that will interfere with your looks. And this is not only true for approval and acceptance, but it is also true for your own happiness. And if you are not happy, it will show in your face, your posture, your attitude. Now, nobody can be happy all the time or we wouldn't be human. But to generally have a good grounded core, and to get the very most out of your life, it is important to do things you like, to be curious, to dream. It's not all about your looks. Don't look inward too much. Get into outward things. For example, if you are fascinated by butterflies, learn everything about them, learn how to draw so you can sketch them, and then paint them, collect them. You gotta love life, and then no matter WHAT you look like, people will like you. Well, hope all this jabber helps you out! All the best, GG
Hi Gigi,

Thanks for your advice. Honestly, I do not see the big deal about fillers if done minimally and by a doctor with a lot of experience. I am already exercising and I like to exercise hardcore, by that I mean p90x, Insanity and bootcamp style workouts (HIIT). I'm already quite fit so no worries about getting injured... I only like the super hardcore workouts because I like to challenge myself; I'm not into low impact exercises to be honest.

I have always worn sunscreen already; I actually purchase mine from Europe because they have a higher PPD than the U.S sunscreens. High SPF is not enough to protect you from aging; it has to be high in PPD and the U.S brands are not comparable to the Euro ones except La Roche Posay Anthelios SX. I am very much into looking young so already well versed with the latest products and technology when it comes to looks. I only use the best products that money can buy that are scientifically proven to work such as Skinceuticals CE Ferulic etc.

I will keep your advice in mind in regards to the hair part and makeup. Some times I don't likede to wear natural makeup; I like to look sultrier but I agree that the more natural look looks younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I agree the two tanktop pics already commented on do make you look your age. I was trying to figure out what it was and I think its the blush placement. It looks too low and harsh on your cheeks. That blush style ages anyone. It also made your face look a lot wider. (To me that widening of the face is how I usually see aging in asian faces) The lines are just expression lines to my eye. Everyone without botox has those in photos of all ages.

I would say the bikini pic too because everything else on you is polished but you had not started working out yet to firm up. I notice people who are not fat start to lose shape after 30 if they don't do a little something. That would give away your age a bit to me.

You clothing options put you in the 27-35 age range.

I think you look younger than the average person your age because most people do not look as healthy/youthful at that age.
Ok, I will watch the blush placement, you have a good eye. I did it like that on purpose because the camera washes out makeup and I don't really like to look too natural like in the first pic. Sometimes I like the heavy sexy makeup look too and experiment. I get that the more natural look makes me look younger though and that I can do that makeup very easily. I just don't like to look washed out on film, sometimes I like a pop of color but I get that it makes my face wider. I generally always contour the hollows of my cheeks and dab highlighter on the cheekbones in addition to blush too in order to make my face look less wide.

When it comes to wardrobe, I generally dress younger nowadays; always skinny jeans and tank tops. I never wear blouses actually; I only did it in that pic (the purple one) because I wanted to look established and powerful that day. I usually shop at Abercrombie and Fitch and wear spaghetti straps and such. I think I dress young because I usually shop at stores for young folks like Abercrombie etc.

Last edited by jackie100; 04-02-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty