Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 AM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
All I see is woman who is too concerned about growing older. Please wait until your 40s before you start stressing it. It's not a healthy to obsess over, because it will make you unhappy or drive you to put chemicals and toxins into your face.
And she's stressing in another post that she is going to get cancer because mom fed her French fries!

Lighten up, OP, and enjoy who you are!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:06 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,552 times
I think you're gorgeous and look to be early 30s. Don't worry so much about how you look It's what's inside that counts! At my age, 41, I think I look better now than I did when I was younger!! People still can't believe I have a 20 year old daughter :O
Keep taking care of yourself but lighten up on the makeup. The more makeup I see on women the more it ages them.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:09 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I haven't read the entire thread, do you use foundation?

Have you ever used an airbrush to apply make-up, if so, whats your opinion?
Of course I use foundation. My favorites are MakeupForever HD, MakeupForever Face & Body and Nars Sheer glow. Makeupforever is generally one of the top choices that MUA (makeup artists) use for film, television and shoots.

I generally wear MakeupForever HD makeup and the Microfinishing Powder which is meant for HD TV. HD TV shows more flaws and lines and actors use the HD makeup because it films flawlessly and looks invisible. I apply mine with the Sephora 55 Platinum brush; it's called the Foundation Airbrush but it isn't. It's just a regular brush but creates an airbrushed effect; it isn't airbrush in the sense that it sprays on. I know I'm not filmed on HD but I like to use the best stuff... MUFE HD also photographs well; its often used in photo shoots as well. It's a good foundation for every day.

My opinion on a real airbrush system like Temptu, is that it's not necessary unless you have craters or massive zits. For my skin, using a foundation brush is enough. Many makeup artist also like to apply with a Beauty Blender for a flawless application. I've tried the Beauty Blender, the MAC 187 skunk brush and I find the Sephora 55 HD brush superior. I've seen vids of Kim Kardashian's makeup artist doing her makeup and generally he uses a beauty blender...

I also use MUFE (stands for Makeup Forever) Face and Body when I want a more lighter coverage.

Nars Sheer Glow gives me a more glowy look; like a dewy look. Sometimes when I want to glow or look extra luminescent I will use Sheer Glow.

It depends on my mood. I only use high end for foundation; nothing from the drug store. I don't like MAC foundations at all except Hyper Real which is only available at the Pro store.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:15 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
And she's stressing in another post that she is going to get cancer because mom fed her French fries!

Lighten up, OP, and enjoy who you are!
Agree. This all seems like an unhealthy obsession with makeup. Makeup can be fun, but this sounds like a metaphor for something else. Doing stuff to the outside to correct what is missing on the inside... if you know what I mean. If i were the OP i would do some volunteer work with people who have physical disabilities. It might put things in focus. And before anyone tells me I'm on the Beauty site, I used to be very focused on my looks too. I know it isn't always a good thing.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Agree. This all seems like an unhealthy obsession with makeup. Makeup can be fun, but this sounds like a metaphor for something else. Doing stuff to the outside to correct what is missing on the inside... if you know what I mean. If i were the OP i would do some volunteer work with people who have physical disabilities. It might put things in focus. And before anyone tells me I'm on the Beauty site, I used to be very focused on my looks too. I know it isn't always a good thing.
I don't have an obsession with makeup; I used to spend hours watching tutorials but I don't anymore. I only brought up my knowledge of makeup because Opsimathia was wondering if I was using blush to contour and if I had highlighters and contouring stuff! Therefore I felt obliged to share all the products I have and let the world know that I am not a noob when it comes to makeup.

I am not obsessed with makeup. I do know a lot about it from knowledge obtained throughout the years. I simply have a lot of stuff because I have the means to buy them; that's all. I've never been into volunteering and have zero desire to start now; sorry.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
Well, if it makes you happy to look the best you can, wonderful!! It's also nice to know that you have enough money to keep up those good looks as you age. (and you will, you know)

It's going to get harder to do. You are in the age group that is starting to get the news that they are menopausal. Don't let it worry you. Menopause is not the end of life....it can be a beginning!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Well, if it makes you happy to look the best you can, wonderful!! It's also nice to know that you have enough money to keep up those good looks as you age. (and you will, you know)

It's going to get harder to do. You are in the age group that is starting to get the news that they are menopausal. Don't let it worry you. Menopause is not the end of life....it can be a beginning!
Looking forward to it. I never liked kids and never want them. I'll be glad when I no longer have to deal deal with periods.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I don't have an obsession with makeup; I used to spend hours watching tutorials but I don't anymore. I only brought up my knowledge of makeup because Opsimathia was wondering if I was using blush to contour and if I had highlighters and contouring stuff! Therefore I felt obliged to share all the products I have and let the world know that I am not a noob when it comes to makeup.

I am not obsessed with makeup. I do know a lot about it from knowledge obtained throughout the years. I simply have a lot of stuff because I have the means to buy them; that's all. I've never been into volunteering and have zero desire to start now; sorry.
You said earlier that it would take you hours to shower and put on makeup; you also said that nobody ever sees you without it. That's probably what they are referring to.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:21 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
How do I look compared to the average 34 year old and why?
In pics #2 and #4 you look VERY late 30s to early 40s. In the other pics, you look late 20s to early 30s.

You have done well.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You said earlier that it would take you hours to shower and put on makeup; you also said that nobody ever sees you without it. That's probably what they are referring to.
It would only take me hours if I wanted to take a picture of myself (the guy wanted me to take a pic holding a newspaper) to post on this forum. Every day makeup doesn't take as long but if I am going to take a new one and post it on CD then it's going to take time. That's what I was referring to. I am not going to take a picture of me looking real raggedy and post it online; he wanted me to take a picture as of today of myself holding a newspaper. That would take time to prepare.

Nobody sees me without some makeup on because I live alone and I don't like to leave the house unless I have some on. Lots of of women are like that; it's not unusual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty