Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times

Advertisements

I doubt we'll hear anything more from the OP other than maybe one or two replies (if any). Dude has only 90 posts but has started 33 threads. One of those thread starters who after posting his thread says "Discuss" types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 11:19 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
When you are overweight you can't wear proper clothes lol.

What do you expect Americans to dress like?
I actually would welcome the chance to wear a burkqa,at least I won't have to diet and go to the gym to keep in shape.
Maybe not the full head to toe one,but one that covers the neck down.
There is no relationship between clothing size and dressing sloppy. Almost everyone can find proper fitting clothing that is not sloppy. People who aren't doing that are making a conscious choice to be sloppy.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:09 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There is no relationship between clothing size and dressing sloppy. Almost everyone can find proper fitting clothing that is not sloppy. People who aren't doing that are making a conscious choice to be sloppy.

Agreed. It can harder for those who put on weight unevenly, but not impossible. Besides...no one has to stay fat if they don't want to.

If you think shopping for pants is a pain in the butt...finding good doctors and treatment regimes for diseases that can occur is not a walk in the park either. People fluxing issues with diabetes and BP meds...god...that should be enough motivation in itself. Pants are just a mild annoyance compared to that stuff for sure.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
It is harder to find clothes when one is overweight. Cute clothes anyway,that don't make you look like a grandma.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHitman View Post
Have you noticed how many Americans dress like total bums and slobs?
No, I have not noticed that.
Some individuals, yes. But they are few and far between.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It is harder to find clothes when one is overweight. Cute clothes anyway,that don't make you look like a grandma.

Torrid.com - Plus sizes - Product Categories - New

They always have cute stuff. Some is hideous like any other store.

Some others:
Fashionable Plus Size Trendy Clothing for Women | Lane Bryant

Plus Size Tops, basics, graphic tee, blouse, shirt | Forever 21

Dots.com :: Affordable women

Jones New York Woman: Plus-Size Clothing

Old 04-13-2012, 01:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I am in clothing size purgatory (16-18), so here is where I go.

ASOS | Shop women's fashion & men's clothing | Free Delivery & Returns (look for Curve)
Online Clothing Store - No Ordinary Fashion Store - very.com
Dorothy Perkins - Womens Clothing - Womens Fashion, Dresses, Maternity Clothes and Womens Shoes to buy online (http://www.DorothyPerkins.com - broken link)
Evans - Plus size women's clothing in sizes 14 - 32, Plus size fashion and wide fit shoes in sizes 4 - 10 (http://www.Evans.co.uk - broken link)
www.citychiconline.com/
eloquii by The Limited

Happy hunting.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:07 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times
I'd say most American dress very poorly, at least from my experiences living in KS, CO, and NC. Too many men wear gigantic boxy cut dress shirts, oversized trousers, and wear sneakers with jeans.

So yes, they need a makeover.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM

297 posts, read 740,623 times
The weekends are real fun out here with the younger generation as they seem to think that going out to Wegmans wearing the stuff you wore to bed is acceptable.

And then you wonder why no one takes you seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty